It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Across the Universe -- A Must See!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I just finished watching the film, Across the Universe.

It's a little slow moving at the beginning, but when you give it a chance, what a movie! I absolutely loved it. This is a film that can be taken on so many levels. For any Beatles fans, the whole film is their music and really is a representation of their whole career.

Beatles' fans will love this movie, as will any movie fan.

Anyone else see this film?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I watched this one again today, but with my girlfriend this time. I wasn't sure how well she'd receive it, but when it was over she said how much she enjoyed it. We tend to differ a bit in our movie selections, so I didn't think this one would go over too well.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Very strange.

I just watched that movie today also, about 5 hrs. ago.

Anyway, I liked it and thought it was very well done. The only thing I think is they should've kept a little bit more dialogue to carry the story instead of just progressing more and more into music telling it as the movie went on.

After awhile, there were almost no words. Just singing.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I thought this as well, at certain points of the movie.

But watch it a second time, it isn't as bad. The writing in it is masterfully done, as the lyrics to the songs tie into the plot so well.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I just picked up the "Across the Universe" soundtrack.

It's all of the songs in the film, as they appeared in the film. As a huge Beatles fan, and as a fan who doesn't take kindly to most remixes, I love what they've done with these songs. The young boy's voice in "Let it Be" gives me goosebumps every time I hear him speak.

new topics

top topics

join