It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as 'nothing'.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
First I would like to state that there is no such thing as nothing, and I believe that all of our thoughts inside our heads are energy based.

So that means when we die our thoughts dont just dissapear, because there is no such thing as nothing.

How would our memory bank inside our heads just disappear when we die, energy doesnt die?

Isnt this proof enough we dont 'really' die?

[edit on 9-2-2008 by earth2]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
There's nothing but change, transmutation. Our memories really do consist of physical structres, like rifts and pits on a grid made up of triangles... so says Scientific American.

They operate by duality, without electricity to travel the memory channels and structures (Literally... going down memory lane!) we cannot tap into them, without structure for current to travel by (river and water), the electric charges are misguided, not accomplishing anything.

When the brain decays and transmutes into dust becoming all things eventually, the memorial structures are lost to. As above so below though, some things do not change, only move, are we eternal, only moving?

If the being is no more than a system of organs and electricity, our fate is to be tossed back into the river of time and assume every position in existence. Dying, I give life to grasses, insects, which bring sustenance to more things etc.

I believe we have a more distinct meaning.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by depth om]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
First I would like to state that there is no such thing as nothing, and I believe that all of our thoughts inside our heads are energy based.

So that means when we die our thoughts dont just dissapear, because there is no such thing as nothing.

How would our memory bank inside our heads just disappear when we die, energy doesnt die?

Of course we don't die, we just shed our skin, Go to another dimension if we have learned everything we have to learn on this dimension. If not we go back and reincarnate and learn some more.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I seem to keep coming back and I remember experiences from past lives.
I've even been back to the house I lived in last lifetime and clearly remember the rock collapse that killed me in 1961. My deaths have always been a strange feeling of being suddenly disembodied and totally confused for what seems like an eternity, but it really isn't because I was born into the body I have now in 1962.

Our bodies may fall apart over time or something kills us, but I know the entity that is uniquely me has existed for a very long time and in many incarnations.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
yes puppet you know what i mean.
We are here because we choose to be here. We choose to learn more. If we think we learned everything there is to know on this dimension, we move up. Now we are on the third dimension right now, Mother earth, is ascending as of 2008. Now you may ask what Ascension means. It is when we are shifting dimensions. We are all going through this process as well. The process should go on from 2008 to 2012. We are shifting consciousness.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2

I agree with what you said that there is no such thing as nothing.

God is everywhere so there is no place in space or time where God is not present.

What I disagree with is the idea that death is not real.

Death is a state of being, where from our point of view, there is no awareness, that is no knowledge or understanding.

All of your substance remains in eternity without purpose or function.

Because there is no place in space or time where God is not present He exists in death and is able to raise us out from that state.

I get into this argument all the time with religious people because most religions seem to teach that there is life after death of some kind but I don't believe that is what God the creator teaches.

Death is real, it is both a place and a state of existence which is a void where it is not possible to be conscious as we are now.

Even the second son of God was powerless to escape death.

I could go into some detail about it but most people think it is just religious stuff.

Think of life and consciousness being a single thing like a tree.

We are born into this reality each individually broken limbs which have fallen to the ground from the tree of life with the light of life continuing in us only for a time and then it is extinguished.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by newday]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
On the contrary is there such a thing as ‘everything’? My mind does not comprehend either very well. If death is not death then what is it? I suspect our minds die. Its memory is lost forever. The ‘you’ that existed prior to death live on in the living minds you left behind. If you created physical endeavors such as writings, the living memory of you lasts longer. Is there punishment after death? I don’t know maybe during the process of death if one has time to think about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by aerialview
On the contrary is there such a thing as ‘everything’? My mind does not comprehend either very well. If death is not death then what is it? I suspect our minds die. Its memory is lost forever. The ‘you’ that existed prior to death live on in the living minds you left behind. If you created physical endeavors such as writings, the living memory of you lasts longer. Is there punishment after death? I don’t know maybe during the process of death if one has time to think about it.

Well death is a shedding of skin, your mind dies but your memory is preserved within the soul, thats why some people can remember past lives, it's in your soul. There is no Punishment after death, but what i guess you could consider punishment is karma. If you did something bad in your life it just means you are not ready to Advance in evolution. So you go back and reincarnate and live another life. Until you are ready to evolve into another Dimension.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I respect you belief darcon. I wish to politely ask how your memory of past lives is real to you. I have no memory of a past life. I only remember the one I have now. Sorry for the quick reply but let’s keep the discussion going.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 12-2-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I personally don't know any of my past lives yet. I'm pursuing it though through Dream work and meditation, if you are interested in this sorta stuff i would recommend asking a women on ats who's profile name is Woodwytch. It's ok not to know your past lives, you see we come into this life with no memory. On rare cases though, some are on their 1st live. I know in my heart and soul that past lives are real. I know that is probably not enough proof for anyone to believe in, but it is what i believe in.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Dealing with the one past life, the one I remember is all I need. I have had several lucid dreams. Occasionally. They seem so real until I get up and go to work.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That is awesome man, i have been trying to lucid dream for a while now, it's just hard for me. But i know if i keep trying i will eventually get it.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
That is awesome man, i have been trying to lucid dream for a while now, it's just hard for me. But i know if i keep trying i will eventually get it.

For me it just happens but not every night. I belive our dreams represent our reality somewhat. Past and present.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So tell me has anything else happened to you that is in that sort of category. You seem to have a ton of abilities that would seem abnormal in this SO called NORMAL world, we live in. In reality it is the exact opposite though, people with these types of powers should be classified as normal.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
So tell me has anything else happened to you that is in that sort of category. You seem to have a ton of abilities that would seem abnormal in this SO called NORMAL world, we live in. In reality it is the exact opposite though, people with these types of powers should be classified as normal.

I am normal. Yes. Just the average person. How do I know this? I have very few conficts in my life. That helps me sleep at night. My belife is (11*5) years old.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Interesting...

(sorry for the one line post)

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Goodnight to all. Where I live it might be very windy tonight.

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hello, Might be some snow tonight where I live. Maybe the big one of the year. I guess that is something to watch out for. 1-6 inches in my area is a big deal.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
1 - 6 inches hahaha. Buddy come down to canada i show you some snow. How would you like 3 feet of snow you have to shovel out of your Driveway

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yeah Yeah, snow is great or not, depending on how you look at it.
However it is not the topic of this thread.

Back on Topic Please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join