It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Appears to have Given up 2008 Presidential Bid to Focus on Congressional Run

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

That's odd.

You say Ron Paul has only 14 delegates.

And yet, according to this article on Yahoo Finance:

Ron Paul National Delegate Count Now 42 or More

And this article from the Daily Paul:

Ron Paul National Delegate Count Now 42 or More

Um...Ron Paul now has, lemme see; one, two, three.... 42 or more delegates...not just 14.

Just where are you getting your news from?

Faux "News?"

And both of these items were published three days before you began this charade of a thread.

So who should we believe?

That is, who's spreading disinfo and who's telling the truth?

Bleh!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian
You're sitting down in your picture because you're between 4 and 4 1/2 feet tall, aren't you? Be honest.

No, it's because there's not enough room for me to stand up in my profile.
If it really means that much to you, then go search BTS and you can find a picture of me and Cowboy's quarterback Tony Romo. That should answer your question. (F.Y.I., he's shorter than me)

One of the first symptoms that shows you don't have any facts to back up your opinion. Off topic comments, spiced with personal insults. Do you think it would help Ron Paul become president if I was only 3 foot tall? Would my lack of height give Ron Paul more delegates? What the H-E- double hockey sticks does this have to do with anything?

reply to post by goosdawg

I was getting the current delegate count from Politico. By the way, they're still showing Ron Paul with 14 delegates but now McCain has 843. Even if Ron Paul had 42 delegates, he's still so far back in the pack it's literally impossible for him to get the nomination. There are just not enough delegates left for him to get.

Just at a quick glance, Forbes is saying that Ron Paul still has 14 as well.

The Republicans will not decide their primary race until one of the contenders has 1,191 delegates pledged to him. John McCain is well ahead, with an estimated 804 delegates after yesterday’s contests, compared to 240 for Mike Huckabee and 14 for Ron Paul.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian

You're sitting down in your picture because you're between 4 and 4 1/2 feet tall, aren't you? Be honest.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.
Courtesy Is Mandatory

Please focus your responses on the topic of discussion and NOT the character or person of fellow members.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

How you became a moderator on this site with such despicable social skills is beyond my comprehension.

If you haven't noticed, most Ron Paul supporters will not be swayed to vote for the person most likely to win.

When you're watching your favorite sports team and it's halfway through a game and it's obvious that your team doesn't have a "snowball's chance in hell" of winning ... do you start to root for the other team?

If so, it seems there is very little loyalty in your values. I sure wouldn't want to be your spouse or child for fear that you'd abandon me in my time of most need.

I don't mind losing if I know that I stood for something meaningful. What's that old saying - "I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees?"

So, as for you're heckling of Ron Paul and his supporters ... it's not really doing anything other than reflecting your antagonistic tendencies. I don't think you're swaying many people's minds in this thread.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
When you're watching your favorite sports team...and it's obvious that your team doesn't have a "snowball's chance in hell" of winning ... do you start to root for the other team?

Now, you've cut to the chase of my issue with the Ron Paul supporters. They way I see it, I'm not switching teams, I'm just cheering for the quarterback that the coach decides to play. Meanwhile the Ron Paul supporters are still cheering for the benched Q.B. and booing the one that's on the field playing.

I'm not saying that Ron Paul supporters crazy or wrong for supporting him. I just think that they should wake up, and realize that it's hopeless for him to get the nomination.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

That's a great analogy. I can't really argue with it.

But, I guess I'd just rather be cheering for the benched quarterback who's really only playing for the overall benefit of the team and the love of the sport. He's working so that future generations will be able to enjoy football.

Rather than the quarterback on the field who is only throwing for yardage in order to eventually make the Hall of Fame or to pick up a Nike or Gatorade sponsorship.

There are many of us our there who don't deny that Ron Paul will not receive the Republican nomination, but that doesn't change our feelings that he's the best candidate to initiate REAL change and better the country for it's people ... not it's corporations.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to lay off the OP. I'm a big Ron Paul supporter and i don't really see his post as insulting, or misleading at all. Are the things he is posting not true? No, they're true. Is he insulting everyone? No, no he's not.

What i do see is other RP supporters so frothy at the mouth and ready to attack anyone that they have no problem attacking a legitimate post. But the best part of it is that instead of attacking his statements, you're attacking his person. That's despicable! Post on, OP!

Listen, i'm an RP supporter through and through. I was unable to vote for him in the Florida primary because i have no party affiliation, but i did support him and do my best to spread word of his message. I think lots of people did get his message from me, even if they didn't know the message belonged to the crazy guy who thinks we're at fault for 911.

Ron Paul hasn't officially pulled out of the race like Mitt Romney has, but he does accept the fact that he won't be getting the nomination. I'm not going to write him in during the general election because Barack Obama has become my second choice, believe it or not. So i'll be voting for him.

I'm not voting Obama because i want to vote for a winner, i'm going to vote for him because i think he'll be the best choice available in the generals. If RP were to run in the general, i'd vote for him. But just because he won't run doesn't mean i won't vote. I'll vote for the next best, which happens to be someone i'm starting to like.

In the last election i opted to vote for Ralph Nader because he most closely resembled my ideals. This time around it's Obama.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
DBates:

I hope you caught site of my apology for anything that I said that may have been insulting. I included two other members, GradyPhilpott and SemperFortis, so if you see them, I hope you'll mention that the apology is posted for them as well.

To The Cyfre
The OP's original title was "Ron Paul GIVES UP 2008 Presidential Bid to Focus on Congressinal Run," (emphasis mine) which was & is a blatant lie. That's what caught my attention, and admittedly, ruffled my feathers, so to speak.

I love America. And it pains me to see people actually attacking a gentleman Dr., who wants to become President for the good of all Americans. Who would want that job, at this point? People who are ready for either a challenge (Like Ron Paul) or people who are eager to benefit from current policies monetarily.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Dbates - "Yes, we all know what that means. He's giving up on the presidential run. It looks like he finally realizes that his efforts are not going to pay off. His less than 10 delegates hardly compares to the hundreds that the front-runner McCain has"

I am not going to comment on the title because it appears that is all the thread has been about.
You assume you know what his efforts were directed at. Sure when you run for president you don't do it to not win, but you can do it with the idea of promoting ideas! Now if you don't win and your ideas propagate, have your efforts really not paid off? If you wake up thousands of people to the idea of the federal reserve being illegal according to the constitution, have your efforts not paid off?
I think from your statement it is 'almost' clear you never supported Ron Paul, starting quarterback or not.
It looks from my perspective like you took the email, made a false title, and asserted your beliefs to "rub it in" to the Ron Paul supporters.
Does it really matter if he has 10 delegates or 46 or 460 at this point in your article.
I suppose what you really wish is that Ron Paul would just quit or that people will stop supporting him so he does quit.
But what would happen if he stays in, and something happens to McCain, like a scandal and he has to drop out. Surely staying in the race would have been a wise move. Not that that will happen but hey, I like what he stands for, and I don't like what McCain stands for.
And I'll never cheer for a loser, just because he is in the lead.

Mtmind

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join