It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticing increased Military movements. (Arizona)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
For the last few days I have been noticing an increase in Military force movements.

I am a 31 yo. male ex military myself so I know an Army truck when I see one

I am a supervisor so I drive all over town all day (My 2006 truck just flipped 85,000 miles)

I have been noticing massive convoys of six packs, hummers and various support trucks moving in different directions on different freeways. So it is not just a relocation as many different convoys are on opposite freeways etc...

Arizona doesn't have any huge bases. We do have Luke AFB, but that is waaaay west of town and these convoys are no where near that base. We have a small contingent of National guard bases but they are very small, and none bigger then a few city blocks (for my fellow AZ residents I am talking about the McDowell and 60th street facility)

Also and this really kind of gave me a sinking feeling and was the first time I had seen this particular type of military vehicle in service. It was military and it had police lights on it.

Here is a link to a picture..while the picture is of a Belfast police truck and it isn't green like the one I saw on the freeway on Friday, it will give you an idea of the type of truck it was.

Has anyone else noticed similar increases in Military presence in their cities?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hello

I've also been seeing military movements in my town - Palm Beach Florida.

On I-95 i've seen convoys of 8 to 10 Hum-Vee's and open back military trucks with troops in the back with full combat gear.

I have lived in Florida 19 years (i'm 31 now) and have never seen anything like this except for the aftermath of hurricane Andrew in 1992.

I know that the reserves go up to Orlando sometimes for training.
but have never seen the amount of activity that i'm seeing now.

_Orion

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
In the small town of Lanett Alabama, I noticed a train travelling south on a CSX line. There were a good half dozen M-88 recovery vehicles (tank wreckers) and about 2 or three dozen completely tarped down vehicles adjoining them. The tarped down vehicles were about the right size to be M1s (have served in armored cav units so i'm confident about the size). However, I've never seen this type of tarping before. It completely obscured the features of whatever was under it and wasn't standard tarp. This tarp was rigid,grey (not green or tan), and just seemed weird to me. I'd normally asume that this would be possibly heading to Ft. Benning which is less than 60 miles away.

I know that Benning is currently undergoing BRAC and getting armor and cav schools added to the current infantry OSUT, and I don't know the twists and turns of the CSX line, but something was strange about whatever was under thos tarps. I've been on details loading tracked vehicles on railcars for transport cross country before, but never seen vehicles tarped down like that.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I haven't noticed anything here in Northern Nevada, but then I haven't been out and about too much lately. The nearest military installation is Fallon Naval Air Station.

I would certainly be interested in hearing from others who have noticed this in their areas.

Thanks for the heads up, DisabledVet.

new topics

top topics

join