Are you a closet ATS poster?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I love to post, but when I start mentioning things like rendition, wiretapping, and alex jones endgame conspiracy involving the texas corridor, people look at me like im one of those conspiracy nuts.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Always talk about it, jsut do not tell anyone my profile name. I agree with intrepid, topics we discuss for weeks come out from people around me so much later. It is old news tio me by the time they bring it up. What I love doing is listening to my other family member's conversations about important topics. I let them finish their discussion and then I say, "Ok, now do you want to hear what is REALLY going on in this world around us?" They always get a shock out of what I offer up. Whether they believe me or not, I don't care. At least that can't say, "Nobody warned me."

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
talk about it with some of my friends and a few family. anyone else would think iv lost my rocker and wonder what im doing in the military
other than that i keep it to my self and my fellow atsers

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Neither.

Answer to Question 1
I do not hide my interest in ATS, its topics, or Conspiracy Theories (political, paranormal, or otherwise) from my family, friends etc... I am however selective with who I talk to. I talk to my father about most of these things. He is a large reason as to why I have an interest in different Conspiracies. I have steered him towards ATS (and he is lurking around here somewhere, he just hasn't joined yet) I think he would be a great contributor to some of the topics addressed here. I talk to some of my friends/co-workers but... Some of my friends are not in the mindset to discuss anything but Shoes and Hot Boys.

Answer to Question 2
I do not go around talking to everyone about Conspiracies though... There are some things that are appropriate dinner conversation, and somethings that are not.
My opinion of a Good Business Plan - Fine.
My theories/beliefs on: NWO/Gov't Conspiracies/UFO's - Not so much.

I am just selective with certain topics, with certain people...So maybe I'm only half out of the Proverbial Conspiracy Closet....

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Choronzon,

I think you hit the nail on the head when you used the term 'closet'. That happens to be the unfortunate truth for many.

This site represents the underworld of the overworld. Everthing else is just what you read in the newspaper. The gap between perceived reality and extreme conspiracy is measured in light years (excuse the pun!) and this can be measured in madness by someone who has not been exposed to such openness of minds.

(E.g. Did you hear about the dog that climbed the tree the other day, it was incredible, it actually chased the cat up the tree?
Nah, did you hear about the reptilian that tried to eat the front of a jeep the other week? (conversations would never be the same again!).

P.s. How can everyone on ATS ask for 'disclosure' when we are discussing the context of this thread? Contradiction if I ever heard one.

Brei.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Some of my friends and family are aware of my membership of ATS.
A couple of friends have visited the site and one is considering joining.

I would never tell anyone my name here on ATS though, I enjoy the anonymity too much and my mates would probably rip the hell out of me for some of my "less informed" postings.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

i feel a little uncomfortable and strange letting people know that side of me not to mention to the wrong person

[edit on 10-4-2008 by hosta420]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yea, Folks know I post here. Heck, ATS is in my will. If I suddenly die someone has to sign on and inform the board that I won't be posting anymore. I'm serious.

I mention ATS to those I talk to. I met a guy the other day who was talking conspiracy talk big time. He knew who shot JFK, the weather was totally controlled by the government etc, etc, etc....I asked him if he had ever heard of ATS. He told me he didn't go to sites like this because he already knew the truth behind every conspiracy. I just said, "Cool" because I knew if that jerk ever showed up here he'd be handed his rear end on a plate.

So no, I'm not an ATS closet poster. I'm just the guy that the owners and mods wish would become one

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
No closets here,

I am soooo proud of ATS, I will air its existence when ever it is called for.
As others have pointed out I am ahead of main steam knowledge just by browsing through ATS.

I love ATS, I promote it.
WIS

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

My only friend knows that I am into this stuff. But I don't think he likes it. I have no clue what is so wrong about being open to this stuff. I mean, you can't trust the media nowadays either. You find more dug up research online nowadays, than you get from the NEWs reporters. Its like, they don't dig hard enough like the old timers.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't really talk about it at all. Only to my husband and maybe a few of my friends, but not really. Ive only brought it up twice to one friend and once to another friend. I just dont work in a place that it would be accepted so there's no point in making them think I'm weirder then they already think I am.

I figure I'm safe in my natural weirdness and to discuss any of these topics would probably say a lot about my sanity.

Tela

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
if anything, I'm more reserved on ATS than in real life. In real life, people do not have the option to ban or edit my statements.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join