It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juan McCain's Economy, what will it look like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
First off if he is a fiscal conservative and I believe he is he will do away with the Bush Tax Cuts. And if we are still fighting both wars(Iraq and Afghanistan) what and how much can he cut from the budget?

Secondly, he has said in actual Republican debates that he does not really understand the economy and would have to let the "professionals" handle that. What does that mean pass the buck to his buddies in big business/big government

Thirdly, he supports illegal immigration. If you support illegal immigration you believe that it helps the economy instead of hurting it. Could McCain's plan to improve our economy be import millions more of illegals into our country. Would this help to improve our economy?

Juan McCain's possible thought progression
Illegal Immagrant = Good
US Economy = Bad
Solutuion Add the good illegal immigration or more of it to the bad the US economy.
(Didn't GW try this)

I understand he is a fiscal conservative so he will attempt to balance the budget and that will be a major part in getting the economy back on track. But spending is only part of the story. The economy is also based on individual's incomes. What is his plan to help improve the average American's income?

This conservative would much rather see the Republican Party lose the White House for four years rather than contaminate it with a Maverick Nit-wit. Especially since we have already had one in the white house for the last 8 years.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Here is a good over view of Juan McCain's economic platform.

To me it looks to be just more of the same BS.

Well the GOP's economic policies have worked great so far; another four years of the same stuff should pay off the deficit and have us on a sound economic footing.
Borrow and spend has always worked for me in my personal finances.

useconomy.about.com...

[edit on 10-2-2008 by whaaa]

join