It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin accuses U.S., NATO of reviving an 'arms race'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessit

heres the problem i have...you say that only elementary kids judge people from other countries, and tell them how their countries run. could you please tell me what you have been doing the entire time you have been posting in this thread. one more question: do you ever read your replies before you post them? if you dont, i suggest you start because you look rather hypocritical.

oh yeah...great reply man.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Waht a shame that the trolls have hijacked this thread, mind you thats their way, they are complete in their ignaronace and arogance and I will be pushing for their removal from these boards.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Waht a shame that the trolls have hijacked this thread, mind you thats their way, they are complete in their ignaronace and arogance and I will be pushing for their removal from these boards.

don't feed the trolls, I am sick of people ignoring the facts, like US monitor and others.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

Originally posted by Odessit
From my point of view and knowing that you never traveled abroad , which is a fact, I wouldn't be surprised and judging and telling people from their countries, how their country run? Come on! Everyone agrees , that only elementary kids do it.

sorry, but did you just call him a hypocrite? you must be an elementary kid.

Odessit is just upset that I have throughly thrashed him in several threads.

I have time after time applied the "coup de grace to" to him, thus considering him defeated in any debate. He makes uncorroborated claims, and cannot answer me in simple, substantial, succinct terms (much like Stellar).

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
World needs USA but strong USA. Not like this one now.
You argue about war with China and Russia?
In this time Iraq and Afghanistan are too much for you. Really strong military opponents.

Get real and start some changes if you can because there were times when you were much stronger force.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
So much ignorance packed in just 1 sentence. Even by African standards, this is poor..

So what do you know about African standards?

You are just flailing around in futility now. Let me summarize my facts/points again, as this debate with you is over:

This 'discussion' will never be over as long as you keep presenting the same old rubbish without addressing properly sourced claims to the contrary.

1.The US has successfully brought a growing Democracy to Iraq, in which things have gotten substantially better, and as the Iraqi index shows, will continue to steadily improve over time. The US has also brought freedom to Afghanistan, just like it brought it to Germany and Eastern Europe.

The UN have said that things are not better ; the election was not democratic ( not one but the media and a few white house people suggested as much) and things are not slowly improving over time as the residents of Baghdad are still lucky to have electricity on a few hours per day. Even under the sanctions and aerial bombardment Saddam managed to keep the power on for more time per day...

2. We've already established Iraq and Afghanistan (which you continually fail to mention) had a high voter turn out, which is a true testament to how far they have come.

High voter turn outs means that the people of those countries desperately wants to have their voices heard but not that it was or that the process they were part of were at all democratic. Being able to vote is NOT what democracy is since without democratic results ( when people actually get what they asked for) you know that it's just for show.

The rest of your repetitive "no-show" arguments are pretty much what I expect from you stellar, I have stated the "facts" which you have chosen to ignore, while living in your self inflicted land of delirium. I do not take you seriously, and quite frankly, never have.

No show arguments? Are you completely blind to url's or are you just hoping that everyone else is? I have stated ( what i consider to be ) the facts which you have chosen to ignore , while living in your self inflicted land of delirium. I do not take you seriously and quite frankly i never have. Now you all can decide for which of us that's most accurate.

Now to address of few posts filled with all sorts of incoherent babbling....

I have noticed that some people seem to develop problems comprehension problems when their idea's of reality just cant be made to fit the facts so i will do my best to clarify my positions... [

"Actually i do plenty of repeating when you keep restating the same old nonsense so i will at least expect you to present the same old falsehoods so that who ever is reading might gain insight into just how shallow your defense of ignorance is." - Stellar

Basically i will keep repeating myself until you start addressing the sources that directly contradicts your mostly un-sourced claims.

"After extensive editing so as to not offend the site moderators ( size) and people who hate reading facts they have already chosen to ignore. " - Stellar

I could have included far more sources in some places and some where i did not but i do not have all day and can't spend pages and pages trying to prove singular points when i have been advised not to do so. The problem with people like you is that you do not seem to be bothered with any volume of evidence to contrary as you just don't read it.

As Albert Einstein once said - "If you cannot explain something in succinct, simple terms, you don't understand it well enough".

Sure and i suppose he did not understand his marriage vows or the fact that your not supposed to become world famous based on your wife's brilliance...

"Are you happy to know that you do not even live in a democracy? It's really no surprise that you don't even know what it is. " - Stellar

Well the United States is not a fact a democracy and you SHOULD know that. Have you ever heard the terms "federal constitutional republic" used together to describe your country and if not why the hell not?

Stellar, your reading comprehension is suspect at best. I asked you to define in "your own words", what a democracy is, not paste, and post somebody elses.

I do not arrogantly invent new definitions for words and if you have a problem with using dictionary definitions that's something you should resolve in your own time.

"Actually i do plenty of repeating when you keep restating the same old nonsense so i will at least expect you to present the same old falsehoods so that who ever is reading might gain insight into just how shallow your defense of ignorance is. You have NOT addressed why the Russians operate the only admitted ABM defense system in the world or why they have hundreds of other dual use SAM systems that will be employed against strategic missiles. " - Stellar

And it's only a brief summary of what's wrong with your approach to reasoning and judging the evidence presented to you.

You have exhibited the 3 classic traits of someone who's subconscious already knows he has been comprehensively thrashed in an argument. They are :[

a) Ad hominem personal attacks.

Lets not confuse the truth with baseless accusations. When i have called you ignorant were sure that i could defend such a point of view in any system of law where facts are taken into consideration. If you didn't know ad hominem attacks are personal by nature but since this is not my first language i forget the terminology for repeating yourself in such a way.

b) A constant disregard of the facts, and an inability to represent the "facts".

Says the person who rarely uses sources and almost never uses sources to disagree with any sites by the other party! It's just fascinating how you can totally disregard all the sources and evidence even having the decency or shame to post some of your own to defend your convictions!

writing multiple (in this case, 6 and counting) pages of tenuous coherence, while still not being able to address the "points" (your not as smart as you think)

If you have a problem reading a few tens of thousands of words and sources that's your problem but some of us actually read books and are thus used to actually turning pages and sticking with a topic for a few hours, weeks, or months. I am sorry that you can not keep up with all the reading and since i am not going to use any less sources in the future now would probably be a good time for you to quit bothering me with all your nonsense.

And no, i consider myself knowledgeable but not 'smart' in the way you seem to be suggesting. Time and time again i have seen how 'smart' falls flat on it's face when it runs into actual knowledge and it's factual content.

in the unsubstantiated articles you post, in a readable/understandable way.

What do you mean 'unsubstansiated'? I post the sources right below ( you click on the url below the quote) and if you have a problem opening them i can refer you to the section of ATS where they can help you with that. When instead of only picking a few points in my posts you wish to disagree with you start responding to entire posts with all their sources i will be able to take you more seriously but until then i must apologise for not giving you the full benefit of my attention.

Stellar, good luck at life.

Luck is in large part the residue of design and i will thus probably continue to do pretty well.

Stellar

[edit on 20-2-2008 by StellarX]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

more bs, ah? Crushed? hahaha, nonsense. You need to realize that watching Discovery channel, doesn't really take you there LOL

, get a passport and get out of the country for cying out loud.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join