It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Offered Reincarnation ... Would You Grab the Opportunity ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Where would you choose to be born and live ?
Hmm, somewhere first world. Maybe somewhere in Europe, just for a change. I live in Canada now, and I wouldn't want to live in the USA, no offense to my American friends. I think it would be cool to be raised in England and go to the uber old schools like Oxford or Cambridge.

Would you choose to be male or female ?
I'd stay male. I don't think I could handle being in a woman's body!

Would you choose to be rich or poor .. or anywhere in-between ?
I'd like to be well off, so I didn't have to worry about money, but I hardly need to have million dollar mansions or ten ferraris in the garage. Enough money so that I could choose to work in any area and not have to stay chained to a job for money, but work because I liked the job.

What skills, talents and abilities would you choose to have in your new life ?
I'd want to remember everything from this life in the next reincarnation.

Would you choose to be a member of a large family, or small ?
Large, as long as they were nice people, small otherwise!

Would you prefer to be handsome/beautiful or 'average' ?
I'd like to be rather average, rather like I am now. I wouldn't want to be handed things just because of good looks, and I wouldn't want to be butt-ugly, either. I wouldn't want any unusual features that made me stand out physically, such as unusual colour hair/eyes.

Would you choose to be similar to the person you are now ? If not, please describe the person you'd like to be .. and the reasons you'd prefer to be different to the way you are now.
I'm fairly happy with the person I am, now. Other than maybe being a bit nicer to people on occasion or not being as lazy on some days, I wouldn't change.

Would you choose a different religion to the one you belong to now ?
I'm a Mormon. I like it, although if I really was reincarnated, I'd have to reevaluate my beliefs, since in that church, we don't believe in reincarnation. So, if I kept my memories, like I asked for earlier, and I was reincarnated, I'd switch, but if I lost my memory, I'd stay Mormon.

Would you choose to have a perfectly healthy body in your new life .. or would you like to experience a disability or particular condition or disease ?
I like being healthy. I'd be very hesitant about accepting some kind of disease/condition. I certainly wouldn't want any kind of mental deficiency. Probably my greatest fear is getting Alzheimer's or that kind of thing, or going blind, since I love to read. Maybe some sort of condition that has a 'two-edged' effect, like being a savant, where I was good at one thing and bad at others; that would be interesting.

Would you choose to live a life of luxury and ease .. or would you choose to return as a healer, a missionary, a politician, a rebel, a revolutionary, etc ?
Like I mentioned for wealth, I'd like to have enough that I wouldn't have to worry about money, but I don't need to be Bill Gates. I'd like to think that I could help other people with my life, and also make time for myself. I think it'd be cool to go be an aid worker in Africa for a couple months, then come home and just sit around and read books all day and play computer games, then go out and help people again, and so on. Half the time I could go help people, and the other half I could just go do whatever I wanted, since I had enough money not to worry about it. I wouldn't necessarily do it in such stark divisions like my example above, but just the general idea of helping people out while still making time for myself appeals to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No thank you. Get me out of here. My life has been nothing but one large medical problem after another. I cant take pain pills or antibiotcs, I have mutiple autoimmune cnditions. Every day I am in pain, or sick, and cry myself to sleep. This is hell for me. I am such a fun loving person, but years of this , and I have seemed to just slip away.

Then you add to that the evil I see men do every day, the lack of regard for future generations, or even the ones here now. I try to focus on good, but these days it sure gets hard when they are spraying crap above my head every day, I am in the hospital twice a month... This just is not my world. The ones who want to control it by all means possible, let them have it. I wouldnt want to be a cat, a fish, or a nat, they all have thier problems, we all eat each other to live. ( ie, cats eat mice, hawks eat cats etc. ) Id rather give up the physical body, and not have those worries.
My ideal after this life, is to take a long rest from this one, then go from there. In this state of being, I would not make a wise choice. I need a good rest first.

On past lives , I contiplated the idea, but if we were meant to remember them, then we would. So I decided to leave that one alone. In any event, I am still glad to have lived here, and know that I am still me, and I am still a loving person, even though I sit in hell so to speak.

Ama

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
No thank you. Get me out of here. My life has been nothing but one large medical problem after another. I cant take pain pills or antibiotcs, I have mutiple autoimmune cnditions. Every day I am in pain, or sick, and cry myself to sleep. This is hell for me. I am such a fun loving person, but years of this , and I have seemed to just slip away.

Then you add to that the evil I see men do every day, the lack of regard for future generations, or even the ones here now. I try to focus on good, but these days it sure gets hard when they are spraying crap above my head every day, I am in the hospital twice a month... This just is not my world. The ones who want to control it by all means possible, let them have it. I wouldnt want to be a cat, a fish, or a nat, they all have thier problems, we all eat each other to live. ( ie, cats eat mice, hawks eat cats etc. ) Id rather give up the physical body, and not have those worries.
My ideal after this life, is to take a long rest from this one, then go from there. In this state of being, I would not make a wise choice. I need a good rest first.

On past lives , I contiplated the idea, but if we were meant to remember them, then we would. So I decided to leave that one alone. In any event, I am still glad to have lived here, and know that I am still me, and I am still a loving person, even though I sit in hell so to speak.

Ama

Don't worry my friend, just hang in their a couple more years. The mass landing will happen and all the pain and suffering will come to an end. Peace will come, no more wars, and you will feel at one with yourself again.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I find current society to be too much a society of fake relationships, backstabbing and other (to me) disgusting things.

Of course, there are exceptions, but they are more small groups of people rather than huge communities.

In any case, I would not do it knowing that I'd ''respawn'' in current society.
But then again, If I will forget anyway, I would not care if I had chosen Yes, since my memories will fade away anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Excellent thread OP.

Before answering the OP's questions I think we should all wait a few minutes and think, why did we choose this life in the first place. There surely has to be a reason.

A more interesting thing would be to answer his questions with what you are now and what you wish to be as he stated in the opening post and then compare two realities, one that you are currently experiencing and one that you wish to experience.

There might be a connexion between the two. Actually if we are to understand reincarnation we will see that previous lives and future ones are all interconnected and affect each other more or less. Time is nothing but an illusion of movement.

I find the idea of reincarnation fascinating and I do believe in it, since I think it is silly to think that we just live one life when there is so much to experience. If I have a soul and I can choose to live again I will do it without hesitation.

I want drama, passion, love, loss, sadness, happiness, etc in my life. The more the better. Sometimes suffering is as beautiful as happiness and love. These emotions are so powerful and they express so much. I sometimes wonder what would happen to this world if emotions were to disappear.

Somewhere in the future or the past where knowledge and understanding would be the most important things for society. The search for truth would be our goal.

This doesn't matter really, I guess which one is more effective in my future life experience.

The same as above, each situation provides you with different opportunities, being rich makes you more developed intellectually since you don't have to worry about basic needs, but this is not so in every case since we can see in our world that money equals to ignorance more often that wisdom. Life is too complex and the end result might differ so much from your start (rich or poor). This is why life is an evolution.

I want to be able to give to people hope, love and happiness with my presence. My talents no matter what they will be should focus on that. Having happy people around you will make you a happy man. Thats the key to everything.

A big, big family with lots of kids and members. There is nothing more beautiful that a big family full of diversity and at the same time unity. In the end this is what Earth should and will become one day.

Well, if I would be a female, I want to be hot!
I'm joking, but the truth is that in our current world beauty is a way to a less developed person, intellectually and spiritually speaking since all attention goes to your beauty. So you need to be very careful in what world you go. Actually your exterior appearance is of no importance since inner beauty is all that matters. How often do you change your opinion about a person after you talk with him/her? She might be hot but after you get to know her/him you have a different view, it can be good or bad.

Would you choose to be similar to the person you are now ? If not, please describe the person you'd like to be .. and the reasons you'd prefer to be different to the way you are now.

If I was to choose I would choose a person that would start life where I stopped, meaning died. I will never lose anything I learned, so I will never lose myself that I am now, the only thing you can do is build on that self with new experiences.

I have no religion, and if my future life will resemble me in any way, I will definitely have no religion then, but maybe the future has religions which are in fact true and they seek truth with an open mind. Then maybe I will have a religion which in this future case would be universal and unique in the world, there will be no "religions" just truth. Truth is the ultimate religion and truth is unique to each person. An universal truth means that people are united and together they make a singe unit.

Would you choose to have a perfectly healthy body in your new life .. or would you like to experience a disability or particular condition or disease ?

I would experience a disability or disease only if I am to gain something from it, a lesson, an experience, etc. That disability must be more beneficial to me than a healthy body and life. It all depends on the goals in your life. Each choise has its advantages, your goal and purpose asks for certain lessons to be learned. So it's hard for me to know what would work best in my future life.

[color= yellow]Would you choose to live a life of luxury and ease .. or would you choose to return as a healer, a missionary, a politician, a rebel, a revolutionary, etc ?

Well in my future life if there are politicians, rebels, revolutionaries, etc. then that world in not united and with the goal of truth I described in the first question.

I guess, I can't make a world, the world is the one that makes us. So I think a life of luxury can be sometimes harder than one of simplicity and modesty. I would be a rebel or revolutionary if crucial change was needed, a politician if things needed some tweaks, a missionary if knowledge was to be spread to less developed civilizations, a healer if the world was destroyed and needed healing, etc.

We are just small parts of a bigger system, our contribution is what we are.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Pericle]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Reincarnation is very interesting. I myself am 'on the fence' so to speak. I have memories that don't relate to my current life, but they could be anything.

If I had the chance to be reincarnated, I probably would. If I got to choose, I'd probably be an alien. I long to experience space and it's vastness. My second choice would be of an animal. I've always liked dolphins, and I also like wolves.

But I'll take what I'm given.

Peace,
FK

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

So I wonder ... if you were offered the chance to live again, would you take it ? Even though it would mean remembering nothing (in most instances) of the people and experiences you've known in this life ?

I would not accept an offer for nothing. I would prefer remembering my past experiences.

near a body of water

female

rich

better communication skills, musical/singing/dancing talents, psychic and other paranormal abilities

small

slightly above 'average'

similar but slightly more public

no religion

healthy body

Would you choose to live a life of luxury and ease .. or would you choose to return as a healer, a missionary, a politician, a rebel, a revolutionary, etc ?
luxury and ease as a participant behind the scenes

After filling out the above inquiries, I feel that I cannot pick and choose from the infinite possible combination in any reincarnation even if could even remember my previous lives.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I would want to live a totally different kind of life, but with full memory of ALL of the others. I think I'd opt to be reincarnated to another parsec of the Universe, so I can make a comparison between each recalled life and the new one.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pericle

She is exactly right! Everyone listen to her. she knows what she is talking about. We are all gods in physical form. We are all part of a bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
I find current society to be too much a society of fake relationships, backstabbing and other (to me) disgusting things.

Good explantion there, agree with you all the way. I just wonder will society ever, be the opposite.

It is interesting, that alot here would choose not to bother.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Given the choice, I would reincarnate as a dog, but only if my owner treats me the way I treat mine. He's currently on the couch grabbing forty winks. lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

No, I would not like to "do-over" my life. The world is too terrible to live through a second time, in my opinion. I mean, would you have liked to see the Civil war in your first life, than see WWII in your second life? Not I.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Personally, I do not believe in reincarnation. In explanation as to why some feel that they have been RI'ed, IMHO only, I think that it is something that we are picking up in our genes.
But just to play along with the possibility; NO! I would not want to come back again in another life. Only in the Eternal Life that I believe in.
I once saw a movie that had a profound effect on me and I think that it sums up how I feel in general. "They Shoot Horses Don't They?" It took me a long time to understand the title of that movie. Now I understand.
All that a horse has to do is break a leg, and it will be shot and put out of it's misery. But as of yet, we really do not yet have legal euthanasia for humans.
Kervorkian tried, but failed.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
When i was a kid, around 8 or 9, an aunt of mine had died. Everyone in my family liked her, despite she was a strong woman. My aunt rose. she would just tell you how it is, slap you in your face for being stupid, things like that. My mohter had told me many times, as a kid, she used to speak of wanting to be re incarnated as a butterfly....
WHen i was 8 or 9, my older sister, 11/12 at the time, would have a pool in our yard during the summer.... so about a year or 2 after her death, a small brown butterfly would visit us, and just on the fence, next to the pool. IT was brown, about the size of a thumb, and had peach, pink, and balck spots on it. it would just sit,a nd watch us. so we started to think it was ourr aunt rose!!!
cant say its true, but i truley belive it was.
I dont belive in past or future lives myself. I do however, remember lots of stuff, from when i was a baby. In perticular, as funny or strange as this sounds.... I know and feel, i wa a bay flaoting near a Nebulae, in space, next thing i know, my eyes opened and i was in my mothers arms, in a hospitol.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My good and trusted friends' daughter when she was about four or five years old - turned around and said 'dad, do you remember when i was a french pianist?'

absolutely true.

I do believe in reincarnation, although if we have a choice I cannot say...

I would love to come back as a bird though, just to experience flight.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I believe reincarnation is inevitable, but i don't believe individual soul can transmigrate, I think soul move as a collective group (consciousness), I believe once the collective group of soul reach a certain point, they either transmigrate to a more suitable host, ascend, or merge for further development.....ill talk more about my beliefs and ideas if others are interested.

Anyways, one thing that about reincarnation that used to bother or instill fear when I younger I thought that when an individual die and get reincarnated, that individual memories and experience's experience from their past lives, everything will simply disappear, and the reincarnated individual has to start all over. It really bothers me because I'm really a sentimental guy, memories and experience are the foundation of everything I became to be. It was one of those thing that fueled my fear for death at the age of 8-12.

However, as I grew up and read more about it, I learn death and reincarnation is more complex than that. I learn that an individual do not necessary lose his or her memories, but rather is their past memories lay dormant or block, however its not common for an individual so show traits and skills.

If I were to be reincarnated again, I hope I could somehow retain my memories and experience from my previous (or current life), or awaken them later in life. I don't want to necessary control individual but rather give him/her guidance, like be the voice in the back of his/her head.

I don't know souls are so complicated, we can only ponder...about the nature of the soul. Maybe a soul isn't one concrete entities, maybe it has the ability to be omnipresent. Its possible while the soul may be the collective consciousness of the previous spirits from their past lives, it still maybe possible that may those spirits are not particularly completely subjected to the soul, and may rather be projected as separate entities.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Strangely enough talking about animal reincarnation, my mother passed away and it really hit my father and I very hard, and almost at that exact moment the cat we bought to comfort ourselves was born. I'm not saying definitely, but I've wondered certainly, if the possibility of reincarnation is true (I'm a Christian so thats a bit heretical). On the other hand, she could in theory be some sort of guardian angel I suppose, sent to comfort us, but it was rather odd, and it was odd that we ended up with her (father was DEAD set against a cat, she was to be bought by a completely different family but they mysteriously didn't show up so we had 'second choice' so to speak).

Just coincidence I tell myself, but I'm not entirely convinced.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I would like to come back as a woman to see how life would be as one. But this is a great thread nice work

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is another thread that sounds very, very strange to me. It's probably the different perspective, but ... well, I could try to explain.

This topic sounds to me like someone asking: "If you were offered the opportunity to drink water, would you grab it?"

I mean, it's obvious, that we all can drink water, and all of us have at one (or more) point(s), and most obviously most of us will do it in the future. There's no question about it - we have the opportunity to drink water, we have the support for water drinking in all our bodie's structures, and it's a natural thing for us to do.

And yet someone asks something like this .. it baffles me.

Incarnation is not something that's offered as an opportunity - it's an ongoing process to develop your soul, to burn your Karmic load, to learn lessons, and to smooth the sharpest shards of your soul until they don't hurt others anymore. Once you start it, you will have to take it all the way to it's completion.

Incarnation is thus a natural, ongoing process, that's not really "offered" in the sense that some people are, and some people aren't - but there are of course choices that you can make regarding the next incarnation, depending on the circumstances among other things. Animals and newborn souls don't get as much freedom in the choice - they simply incarnate as soon as possible to a next available body (well, a baby/cub/whatever), almost as an instinctual reflex.

But as the soul gets more sophisticated and complex, depending on how well it has learned, how much it's mind has expanded and how much Karma it has burned (I am using this word in the lack of a better term), it gets to influence more.

When you see life as an ongoing process, that spans many, many, many incarnations during hundreds, perhaps even thousands of years - maybe even tens of thousands or more - you can really start to see "life" (as people know it) from a different perspective, and things start making way more sense. The 'eternity perspective' really helps when you try to figure out a calamity or an individual disaster.

The basic structure is pretty simple. You plan your incarnation with higher and older spirits (who may or may not need to incarnate anymore), and agree on key points that you want to try to accomplish - and you device events that will help you with this, or even force you to go through certain thought processes, emotions, experiences or decisions.

Then you drink from the river of forgetfulness - basically, a ritual to make you forget the astral world, and previous incarnations, because it would seriously affect your ability to focus on the current one (this may explain people's usual stupid attitude and lack of knowledge about life and incarnations). You are usually present at the moment of conception.

From there on, you will try to familiarize yourself with the fetus - so you keep visiting it, as it grows older and develops further. At times, it can feel quite suffocating and difficult, so you don't always stay for a long time - but sometimes you may feel you can stay longer. This is probably very individualistic thing, but the more you familiarize with it, the more it helps when the time comes to actually incarnate.

Mothers experience this as the "baby kicking" - and wonder why it's sometimes so silent. Well, the truth of the matter of course is, that it's silent, because there is no soul in the fetus - not permanently, only visiting from time to time, as mentioned above. So the soul keeps visiting and familiarizing - tries moving the body about, flexing the arms and legs, and so on.

Btw, this is also the reason why abortion is completely ethical - when the soul is not visiting, and if you do it right, you can make sure the soul won't come visiting anymore, the fetus is just organic, unfeeling mass. Like a 'growth', or vomit that has to be removed from the body. There's nothing unethical about vomiting or removing a dangerous tumor from the body - but for some reason, removing just as dead (or even more so) fetus raises all kinds of reactions in people. Abortion is unethical only when it's done at the exact moment the soul is visiting - but thankfully, because the soul is not permanently attached to the body yet, it can quickly escape - and it's not a murder.

So, when the fetus has grown to be old enough to start breathing on it's own - usually about ten months (depending on calendars, this is said to be nine months, but when you count it from the conception, it's closer to ten months and perhaps ten days - the Japanese calculate it from the lunar calendar, which considers four weeks to be one month - whereas the western, Julian calendar considers one month to have a varying amount of days, usually more than 28 (with a familiar exception)) or so, the laboring process begins!

This is the difficult and scary moment in any soul's life - actually making the commitment to many decades of limited experiences and short-sightedness..

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This will be the deciding moment - no longer just short visits, but a permanent attachment to the physical body, until it dies!

Understandably, this is very scary and no matter how well you have been prepared, it's always still quite the shock to go from the soothing vibes of the astral world to the crudeness of the physical body experience - which is still smoothed by the fluids in the uterus (as often shown in The Simpsons, when homer's birth is depicted), until soon there will be lots of loud noises, raw, bright lights, giant people who treat you like you are just a plastic toy, hitting you violently as one of your very first experiences in the physical world, while hanging you from your feet, painfully and disorientingly upside down - just to hear you scream from shock, pain, horror and trauma of all that!

Who wouldn't be scared of something like that? I won't even go into how wrong circumcision is - an unnecessary slicing of the most sensitive parts of humans, done to defenseless babies without any anesthesia..

The moment of incarnation is esoterically speaking the moment of the first breath - that's when the "silver cord" attaches the soul permanently to the physical body. There is no escape after that! When that joining of the spirit to the flesh happens, you are stuck for life. You can't go back to the astral world - not really.

Sure, you may go there when you sleep sometimes, but most of the time you just wander around in different dream labyrinths. Also, some of us may develop skills for astral projection and the like - and this may also occur spontaniously or with drugs, etc.. so there are exceptions of course - but their experiences are limited, and cannot freely stay there for extended periods of time.

Also, people who toy with such things will sooner or later develop serious problems with their psyche and the energy systems. So I advice against that. Don't astral project - you will get to live in the astral world when your time comes - or should I say, when your time 'goes'..

Then the soul lives in a sort of a haze for the first few years - familiarizing him/herself with the physical body and physical world experiences, having to eat and defacate again, and so on. During this phase the soul may still remember the astral world somewhat, and retain their natural abilities to see people's auras and read their minds instinctively.. their consciousness is more or less still 'floating' freely around the small baby skull. They are still almost partially living in the higher levels, while simultaneously learning more about how to function on the (oh so low) physical level again..

It's usually after this period is over that the soul starts to seriously learn more cognitive skills, using the physical-etheric brain a bit more, and relying on the actual, higher consciousness a lot less. They start learning to speak, and moving their physical body in more complex ways.. balance is learned, walking, and eventually even running. The basic motor functions and then.. a lot of questions to try to understand the world they are trapped in.

And so it begins.. the life of an inquisitive human being on the physical level, already completely oblivious to the world of wonders he/she left behind. So the soul goes through life, eventually typing questions about incarnations in internet forums, being a bit puzzled about this whole "life" thing, still not having quite enough information to form a conclusive, full picture of it all. But already having more than enough to "get by".

Some people simply don't care to go any further.. they choose to just 'get by'. While others research these things and are not satisfied, until they have found an answer that makes sense, according to their previous knowledge. And if that is wrong, they will correct it.

Some are interested, but not very good at reasoning or researching, so they cling to cults, or other "ready answers" or authorities. "If Tom Cruise says it, it must be true - so I better become a scientologist too!", etc..

And eventually, the physical body that was so flexible in the beginning of the journey, and even more functional some time after the beginning - is now starting to become difficult to operate once again, and it becomes obvious that 'death' cannot be far away. There are of course many ways to 'die', but the esoteric truth about the matter is that when the 'silver cord' detaches or 'is cut' from the physical body (just like the umbilical cord, only much 'finer'), the spirit cannot stay in the body after that, but must leave. Just like when the umbilical cord is cut, a baby cannot remain in the womb.

They also talk about 'last breath', which is quite accurate. At first breath, the 'silver cord' attaches the soul to the body, and at last breath, it detaches again. Yin and Yang in action.

What happens next?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join