It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Were Offered Reincarnation ... Would You Grab the Opportunity ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The reason for this question arose when the topic of reincarnation arose during a recently-held casual conversation. The person with whom I was speaking knew virtually nothing about the theory of reincarnation, so I briefly explained the basic Westernised version.

An older person raised as a Roman Catholic (though non-practising) his face at first remained closed and suspicious. But as I explained that it's believed by many that after death they are equipped with new lives, new bodies, new opportunities perhaps ... he became more and more interested. It was apparent the idea of reincarnation appealed to him.

So I wonder ... if you were offered the chance to live again, would you take it ? Even though it would mean remembering nothing (in most instances) of the people and experiences you've known in this life ?

Where would you choose to be born and live ?

Would you choose to be male or female ?

Would you choose to be rich or poor .. or anywhere in-between ?

What skills, talents and abilities would you choose to have in your new life ?

Would you choose to be a member of a large family, or small ?

Would you prefer to be handsome/beautiful or 'average' ?

Would you choose to be similar to the person you are now ? If not, please describe the person you'd like to be .. and the reasons you'd prefer to be different to the way you are now.

Would you choose a different religion to the one you belong to now ?

Would you choose to have a perfectly healthy body in your new life .. or would you like to experience a disability or particular condition or disease ?

Would you choose to live a life of luxury and ease .. or would you choose to return as a healer, a missionary, a politician, a rebel, a revolutionary, etc ?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Double post. Nrg

[edit on 9-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

So I wonder ... if you were offered the chance to live again, would you take it ? Even though it would mean remembering nothing (in most instances) of the people and experiences you've known in this life ?

Hell no. I like me. Even if me sucks sometimes.

But seriously I do think it is a choice we have. If we feel bad enough that we should go do a do-over.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Perosnally living once is enough. I have seen this world through this life, and would rather not live in this world in any human being, i could not care being rich or poor, i think both stinks.

Thats why i would rather it be the 1 life time thing, and its over. ALthough i do believe they have knowledge behind the scenes with regard to this question, i would rather not know.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I already believe in reincarnation, but to tell you truth the next time I will like to reincarnate on another world as a different species none human in nature.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I already believe in reincarnation, but to tell you truth the next time I will like to reincarnate on another world as a different species none human in nature.

Same here, if reincarnation is possible, surely you can reincarnate in the past, as outside our bodies, time does not exist.

Personally i have looked at how this world is, and i must say, whether rich or poor, people have crap lives, they always after the wrong things, and if you want to live a spiritual life in the west, man your such a freak.

For me, to reincarnate, in any capacity in this world as a human= NOOO Thanks.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I heard u cant de evolve from being human once u become human marge.

Anyway... I believe we are sent here to learn some kinda of lesson or lesson(s) in most cases, so regardless if you want to come back or not your screwed. You have to learn these lessons to believe the ultimate god or whatever. being or something.

I dont mind learning so I am going to come here as much as possible.......

You never noticed most NDE'ers spend a hell of alot of time learning all kinda things.. Thats because they know 3 things stay with you when you die.
1) Soul
2) Knowledge
3) Love

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I've never heard that you can't de evolve from being human.

I kind of like that. If humans could unload the crap, and live the good, I wouldn't have a problem perceiving eternity from a human perspective.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thanks, everyone. Some interesting and considered responses there.

Several are quite similar, too .. have you noticed ?

Suggests that Life is not considered to be as 'great' as some would have us believe, perhaps.

If you could return as a gifted healer though ... wouldn't you be tempted to return, knowing that in doing so, you could improve the lives of hundreds, maybe thousands or tens of thousands ? When you look at what Lister, Pasteur and Fleming (who gave us penicillin) gave to the world during their lifetimes ... wouldn't you agree to spend another 70 or 80 years on the planet in order to make a contribution similar to theirs ?

Or maybe if you could return as a musician whose genius would enrich millions, generation after another ... wouldn't you consider it worth the sacrifice ?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Maybe, it all depends on what you learn in the afterlife and what the alternative is to being reincarnated. If it's non-existence reincarnation might not look so bad to some.

Being a healer doesn't really seem to be all that important if you know about reincarnation. I mean, their suffering's only going to be temporary before they move on to their next life or to an afterlife.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
hell no, this generation is lucky, we get to witness the mass landing of 2010.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

Hi Dock6, hope you're well ... it's been a while.

Interesting thread.

As you know from my 'Spontaneous Past-life Memory' thread, I became a past-life regression therapist after recalling very detailed memories of 4 of my own previous lifetimes.

I often wondered why I started getting all this recall ... and the conclusion I keep coming back to is that this is probably my last time !!! So this time around is a kind of revision if you will ... before (I don't know) maybe becoming a 'spirit guide' or something.

The only other explanation that seems feesible (at least to me) ... is that it might be something to do with human evolusion ... as in being a preperation for the shadow strands of our DNA to be activated. I think this might also be the reason why more people are becoming interested in the subject.

Obviously I have now way of knowing this is the case ... just a thought though.

Another thing I've noticed over the last few month's is more of my clients recalling details of what I call the 'between times' (the time between one life and the next).

Woody

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
One thing missing, we are not separate. So if you regress to be a Hitler, or Cleopatra, it is true. We are all of the same source. The individual soul is as correct as the world being flat.
Also time is not, so if you see yourself as being finished, you may still have past to live or future for that matter. Other wise you will be content to be here now.
When you have lived a completely conscious life, and you die with complete awareness, then it is possible to choose, other wise you go where the collective soul places the energy, for the evolving of the universal soul.
All the illusion is set up to make you think from birth that you are separate, this way you can have unconsciousness and therefore not take responsibility for anything, you can be controlled.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think everyone diserves the ability to right their wrongs. We think conciousness comes entirely from the brain yet, how come everyone is so different? I mean... our brains are pretty much the same yet there are varying types of people. It seems some of have no judgment whatsoever, whereas some others are born incredibly wise. So is it experience or luck of the draw?

I don't think any civilization could be self-sustaining if its members didn't have the ability to continueously learn. If it is luck of the draw.. what happens if every new-born in the next 10 years happens to be completely clueless about everything? You think the world is bad now?

Another way to look at is that life is a school, each term ends when we die. Biological forms are limiting as they have the tendency to decay on us. But I think also this gives us a chance to put ourselves in completely new situations. As for loss of memory, I think for some people it would be best as its common to dwell on the past. No harm in starting with a clean slate? (even though I think the memories can be recalled).

The universe seems to be a beautiful and mathematical thing. Our computers run on 1's and 0's and look how advanced they are. Essentially isn't that what our universe is doing? running off yes or no, on or off?

What I'm saying is I think theres infinite equations and every time we learn something, we solve a new variable. Every time we learn something signifigant, we solve an equation. I think these answers are stored and make up our combined wisdom. It gives us the means to solve the same problems in the future.

As for conciousness comming from the brain, and dieing with the brain, I have a few things to say.

I believe this is not true in my oppinion because of the people who have demonstrated that their thoughts are capable of leaving their brain and interacting with other objects or people.

Telekinesis or Psychokinesis.. the ability to move objects without making physical contact.

Mind reading, remote viewing, ASTRAL PROJECTION / OBE* thats a big one.

Qi-gong! look it up on you-tube or something.

I think this demonstrates that our thoughts can leave our heads (if they did come from there).. and interact with various things in the environment.

Matter, thats a confusing word. You look at your body and you see, hair, skin etc. But that body is made of molecules, which are made of atoms, which are made of particles and it goes on. So science will tell us right? They say energy cannot be destroyed, and afterall isn't matter just energy assuming a different form?

What if we, and everything we see before us, is a thought. Maybe we are the same thought? Maybe thats why we can finish each others sentences, read each other's minds, because essentially we are thinking the same thing but its our unique configuration that filters the thought, its like we each have our own codes and equations to analyse the information in the "ALL-thought". Maybe?

What if..what if such abilities like telekinesis are capable because even these objects we consider to be lifeless, are all part of our mind? And interacting with the objects would be like communicating to a part of our mind. Maybe its all an illusion, its all a thought, and this game of life, this illusion of seperation - individuality is the "all-thought"/ GOD-MIND working to solve the riddle of its being? Maybe individuality is a way of testing all the different variable variations,... that we all represent a mico-fragment of the boundless, formless being of god, all working for a common goal. But the goal never ends..because maybe god is infinite, eternal AND timeless.

If the all-thought, or god-mind is infinite, then maybe things are infinitely small and infinitely large all the same. An atom could be collossol in the perception of a smaller entity. Perhaps it is all up to perception? We see only a small shade of the known electro-magnetic spectrum...and assume that too is infinite.

Life: The exploration of infinite possibilities.

Ok well thats my oppinion. I can elaborate more but I think you get the point. Push back the limit of your perception, and realise that it is infact limitless.

Woodwytch, I know what you mean. I feel like I'm done here, but somehow I know I'm in for the long run until humans posess better judgement. I feel like I'm needed to educate by helping people educate theirselves, and learn to all get along. It feels like something I have to do for the greater good and I have the ability to endure this insanity well. I don't want to be here, yet I feel like I'm in the middle of a movie and I gotta see how it ends. I have to see how this planet does. Theres much to be learned from a human life. It's why I came to this planet 10 000+ years ago
Right woodwytch.

Yeah I may have lost everyone there with that statement, haha. I've had past life memories of being an ancient alien earth colonist, a sirian/atlantean perhaps. I also remember going to crystal temple or something..there was lots of yellow light, and 3 wise people there. I asked them to basically wipe my knowledge away so that I could learn from being human. I remember the sensation, and the feeling of complete awareness to complete confusion which followed the process.

Again, I guess I decided that there was more to learn here, and that it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. Whole new different variables to solve, you know?

I don't expect anyone to agree with what I just wrote, but there it is

- editted to change a couple words.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by CavemanDD]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Im offered re-incarntion to this specific place every few hundred years and I keep falling for it. With all its Hollywood-esque images of adventure, romance, tragedy, drama, loss, gain, polarity it is really alluring, but its somewhat of a trap nevertheless.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

If I had a choice, I think I would live again on the condition that I have no memory whatsoever of this life. Who knows, it may have already happened! Right now I live a modest, upper-middle class white suburbanite life. My life has very little troubles and tribulations in relation to other lifestyles, rich and poor alike. I think I'd like to have a different life experience. I wouldn't want to be impoverished or dying from starvation or anything, but I think I would want a life where I had to fight for what I wanted. I want the sense of satisfaction that comes from succeeding in a life where nothing is handed to me, and I can earn my way to the pinnacle of whatever that life may be. If I end up as a rebel soldier fighting for a cause along with underfunded and undertrained compatriots, I'd want to accomplish something - maybe fight an autocratic regime and bring power to the people, or play a part in such a turn of events. If I were to be reborn as a poor immigrant living in New York with no education, very little money, and a dream, I'd want to use what little I have to achieve financial and personal success in business/fashion/etc.

I want to know what it's like to truly earn my rightful place in the world and not cruise by with little effort as I have so far in this life. I know this may sound a little bit arrogant or pompous of me, but I assure you, I would work hard if I really needed to.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Im offered re-incarntion to this specific place every few hundred years and I keep falling for it. With all its Hollywood-esque images of adventure, romance, tragedy, drama, loss, gain, polarity it is really alluring, but its somewhat of a trap nevertheless.

haha yeah.. yeah that sums it up.

Its fake but we love it dammit. Its got action, adventure, nudity.. Its over-stimulating and distracting. You know how hard it was for me to turn off my TV forever? I hate that box, but I know well its lure.

I can see the appeal of being a greek soldier or something, as pointless and problematic for everyone it is.
This world runs on war-games, ego-games.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi Woodwytch ... an interesting and thought-provoking post as always.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I think I might be starting to think along the same lines myself .. despite screaming to the sky more times than I can count: ' Don't you EVER send me back to this place again ! I will not come back here ! '

But yes, I'm beginning to see the allure, although for most of my life I could not. Like peanuts. Know before I eat the first one that they'll make me feel sick. But every six months or so, I buy a packet. Tell myself they're for others. But end up succumbing. Life has made me sick many times. But like peanuts, I have a sinking feeling I'll succumb to it again. I'm not thrilled about that. In the final analysis though .. is the choice to return ours ? Guess we'll find out.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
have been several times.
different sex.
different race.
last time as ww2 german soldier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join