It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you believe we all have guardian angels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
i believe that my guardian angel is my uncle who passed away .. he always had this werid smelling after shave that no one dared to wear. and you could always tell it was him around if you smelled that after shave. well i had gotten really sick and was stuck in my bed for 6months or so and i began to see stuff in my room. i felt a alot of evil i would see dark shadows and hear voices filled my room and in one of the corners in my room you could see this shadow of a a man who had a bright light around him and he would just sit there as if to be watching and waiting. and i would always smell that after shave. i kept saying it was my uncle there to protect me from the evil.. as if to be my guardian angel.

[edit on 2/9/2008 by miss_Janie]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hi.

I had an experience with,what i can only describe as a guardian angel.

Maybe you would like to read about it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_Janie

Although science says that we are deluded and imagine these types of events near death, I have my doubts they can ever prove these events aren't real just by theory and medical speculation.

When my father had passed away last year, my mother was sitting next to him. She said that just when he died he had reached out his arm to her.

I think he may have also been reaching out his hand to his guardian angel or a spirit who was waiting for him. The idea, I would imagine, is that he was supposed to spiritually reach out in order to leave his physical body.

I have had many experiences with what had been reported by my vistors to be my guardians, especially one female supposedly named Gabriel. Sometimes I would hear her voice inside my head and sometimes she would physically show up to bring me something when I was sick. She would sometimes supposedly use other peoples bodies to make these deliveries. One of the last times I can remember, she brought me some oil and some pills. A few minutes later the woman whose body she had used came to my door to ask for directions and was apparently confused as to why she was even there.

This has also happened before with Michael Tsarion who I had met at a holloween party with these same gaurdians having also attended. He had also apparently been confused as to how he had come to be at that party.

Just exactly who these so-called guardians are, is still left to be answered.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I'm not sure if guardian angel is the only operative term for this, but I think that you are right, and we all have them. I may have seen or felt mine a couple of times, always during or just before sleep though, so maybe just a dream. The weeks before one of my grandmothers died, we visited her often, knowing our time with her was short. The last few times we visited her she kept looking away from us at something else, and every time we'd turn to look we couldn't see anything. She kept making references to her sister Lillian (whom had died a number of years before) being in the room with her, telling her everything would be alright. At times she could just have tiny conversations with her and completely forget we were even in the room. Mind you my grandmother had fine mental health at this point, and she had no mental illness. She died from colon cancer, not alzheimer's or something of that type, so it had me doing a lot of thinking at the time, and helped confirm for me the existence of spirits and the continuation of our beings after our physical passing.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't believe in angels. however even if I did.. humans that have died are not angels.
I do believe that spirits that feel they have unfinished business can hang about and take care of people they feel need them before they move on to the next stage of their existence.

so in that sense.. yes he could be watching over you.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Personally, I think that there is more than one - in fact, quite a few - possible interpretations of the phenomenon called "guardian angels".
(That's assuming that they do exist - and I am not yet convinced that they do. But I am, as ever, open to the possibility of their existence. : ))

I think many of the experiences attributed to a personal "guardian" entity could be the result of what I like to call my inborn "autopilot": intuition, subconscious reading of clues (e.g. in potentially - but not yet fully revealed - dangerous situations), even a sort of "clairvoyance", if you will, coupled with a solid self-preservation instinct.
Then, if an unknown person happens to walk into the situation - or there is a "presence" perceived - some people who perhaps underestimate their own capacities for self-preservation (I am not bashing them, just saying), or are even unaware of them, might tend to transfer the merit for the positive outcome of the situation to that person or perceived entity.

Then, there are cases that seem to escape the explanation above or other "logical" answers.
There are too many possible, quite specific scenarios here, so let's assume, for the sake of the argument, that there are certain super-natural creatures fitting the description of "angels". Even if that were to be the case, I don't think that everyone has a "guardian angel".
(It would be lovely, wouldn't it, if Thomas Aquinas were right and everyone - including animals - had a guardian angel, as he surmised.)
No, I think - still assuming that guardian angels do exist in the first place - some people are just lucky and have protection "from above" - and others don't.
(Why? I have no idea. I just don't believe in the uniformity of the afterlife or the supernatural life, if there is any.)

And finally... Based on the experiences of many mystics, including Kabbalists, it would seem that it is possible to have a guardian angel custom made just for you. : ) The simplest way to do it would be to simply ask to be protected by an "angel".

But the bottom-line, of course, is... What the **** do I know?

I don't think any of us does - not really.

[edit on 20-2-2008 by Vanitas]

top topics

join