It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming... On our side?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
A thought just came to me, since we are now seeing more and more scientists that dissagree with the findings of global warming, it really makes me wonder, what if Al Gore, being the former Vice President, knew about the oilarchys, knew about all the flack surrounding black gold, and decided to fight? People have been quickly silenced in the past, obviously he would know this, so maybe, just maybe, he formulated, well I wouldent go so far as to say formulated, but use a concept floating around science in a way to make the world -want- to make change, show the world that this amazing substance we lube our lives with isnt all its cracked up to be, in the safest way possible. What if?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
it was once stated that more then 50% of all scientists disagree with AL Gores views and "facts".

scientists have been silenced but not saying global warming is real , the ones hushed where the ones showing doubt, some forced to leave there jobs others dragged though the mud as heretics.

As always, people believed a politician and a movie over facts, now thats it out every one thinks there an expert.... its bad news.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Indeed,
But the movie did do one amazing thing, basicly tipped the tables in favour of the destruction of this horrible oil industry, the automotive portion at least, which in my opinion is the peak of there power. My hats off to him, real or not.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by Renshin]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by engenerQ
it was once stated that more then 50% of all scientists disagree with AL Gores views and "facts".

scientists have been silenced but not saying global warming is real , the ones hushed where the ones showing doubt, some forced to leave there jobs others dragged though the mud as heretics.

As always, people believed a politician and a movie over facts, now thats it out every one thinks there an expert.... its bad news.

I am employed in the weather industry (if you can call it an industry). I sort of sit on the fence with global warming. Its to hard to say weather (pun intended) or not it is occuring due to the lack of historical climatic data. What I am hinting at is that the increase in global temperatures may be part of a large scale or macro climatic change that the Earth goes through over several hundred years, and then cools down again. But in reality, even if its not happening, it wont hurt to cut down on potentially harmful products and the burning of fossil fuels to the environment

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
global warming and pollution are completely different issues, but people just associate them as the same thanks to the media.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by engenerQ

They might be separate issue's, but cutting down on pollution and dependence on fossil fuels are good for the plantet and my grand children.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
That fossil fuel addiction may also keep you warm by staving of the ice age that's due for any time.

The global warming debate is not so cut and dry, you say you know what is "good" for the planet? plant growth is seeing an increase b/c of the warmer temperatures and increased CO2 this causes the farmers to make more food, this makes us able to ship it to "3rd world countries" like i mentioned earlier our burning of fossil fuels appears to be holding a ice age at bay, im happy about this b/c winters suck enough near MI!

now pollution like i said is different, my personal fav. movie has Whoopee Goldberg in it as mother earth saying we cant poison the earth. I don't know what more i can say other then pollution and GW are totally different cases.

30 years ago there was a global cool down, the media ran with it selling more heaters and using people. Now there is a contagious disease that spreads at the speed of stupidity where millions are begin used. Ever wonder why they tell you to buy new "greener" things constantly?

join