It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl has me confused

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
LoL, what a day so far. I got off work today early, but I just wanted to tell you guys that it was a good and exceptional day at work, and it's all because of the few things I have learned just these past few weeks. Basically it's my first day back to work since internalizing the first bits of what I began to learn when I started this thread. This stuff is like the communications class they just don't teach you in school.

Customers felt good around me, I saw more real smiles and heard more real laughs today than I ever have in a day (and for me it was only a half day time wise), and I actually talked with a girl "way too pretty/good" for me who I've never said a peep to before.

I just had to tell somebody! And you guys are the ones who would get it, what I'm saying. And I wanted to say thanks again.

Edit.. 3.. And I'm making grammar and spelling errors left and right, something must be right!
[edit on 19-2-2008 by Novise]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Good.

Sounds like you're internalizing The Game.

You should have number-closed that HB.

If you know what I'm talking about.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Glad stuff is "up" Nov! Office setting? Find the alpha-fem... learn her "mood" cycle... the rest (at least some) synch to the alpha. When the time is "right" it will be right in spades (ask a lady to explain it to you).

Vic

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Oh good God no! Stay away from the women at work! Especially the "queen bee", or "alpha-fem"....

Just remember, if things get all F--messed up between you and a girl at work, then you still have to see her and deal with her day after day.... after day.... after day.... after day.....

AND your coworkers get to gossip about it, day after day.... after day.... after day....

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I just got an email... Muhuhahahahaha! Day after day I'm feeling stronger.Wink. Whadda you think kid? That the guy? Look at his pic. No. Really.

[edit on 19-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I didn't expect the girl (a different girl from the one who confused me for those just joining) to actually start paying attention to me. When she did, like that wasn't enough, so did everybody else, because she had their attention. As this sank in that she was actually paying attention to me (and I had stopped talking/communicating to actually do my job) I blushed harder than ever, little embarrassed but it was so worth it anyway, and it didn't seem like I lost all the value built up even though I blushed and all.

What I did today was basically transfer "value" from one "set" or person/group to the next, like a guy might who "gets it" will do when he brings girls with him, or uses perceived pre-selection to build value. I'm really trying not to talk in code here lol.

But this works on everyday people as well, albeit not so powerful I guess? If a person sees someone smiling as they exit conversation with you, then that new person is going to enter in a positive frame of mind as they engage you, unless you muck it up. See stuff like this I never even thought about, now I'm learning from all kinds of situations.

OK I am a teller, and basically a line formed and I had customer after customer smiling and in good cheer as they left, and because the ppl in line saw them smiling as they left. I used this concept and kept building on it more and more as others saw them leave, I was holding the attention of the room because I was holding the attention of the individual or group right in front of me, conveyed positive body language, and nobody else was doing anything. The girl (HB
being discussed was in the back of the line and noticed this time after time, and it built up a lot of value from the start. But I imploded when I actually got some attention from her, cause I didn't expect it, and very not used to that! But it was ok, she left smiling anyway! Just I'm sure I could have been a LITTLE more cool, right.

V Kaminsky: What you've said about the Alpha female has made some more gears fall into place with what is going on in there. LoL, my work area is such a tribe! I'm not messing with any of that anytime remotely soon, but I'll pay more attention and learn from them all the same.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Dude work within the tribe. Tribe is actually very close to right word. It's basically the same in nature and in many ways this is very natural. Smile dude. It works. Say something nice and mean it... to someone you might not ordinarily do so with... notice little things. Word spreads amongst... stocks rise.

Cheers, I wish I was 40 years younger...

Vic

[edit on 19-2-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

Uh.... what?

You're tripping, Vic.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Good job. Sounds like you were DHV the whole time which is probably why she gave you so much attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join