It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Myprofile Posts Button Gone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Seeing how many people 'own' up to using the posts feature for so many different reasons, I can see why they chose it to test ATS' limits.

I think all the comments about how they have 'caught' people using the posts feature is telling as well.

Maybe we should have all kept our mouths shut about things. With the recent thread that was talking about the Pentagon viewing the internet as an enemy weapons system, among others as of late, I think it is safe to say that some one of us did do this. One of us hit too close to home. Sort of like Mel Gibson's character in Conspiracy Theory, and just like him, we don't know exactly what it was.

I do think that the 3 Amigos could do an investigation, by looking at a window of time (start with 0 minutes to the minimum time needed to set up that attack from scratch) and then search the threads for the 'busted' users during that window, and immediately before. Also, any users that had heavy use up until the attacks, but little or none since.

I am sure that I know next to nothing about how to do all that, but somewhere in all the hay, one of us found and then lost the golden needle.

Missing my Posts Feature, guess I should have flagged those threads....
Forgetfully Yours,
DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yes the missing posts is most annoying Doc..it was vital to helping me keep up with..you guessed it..my posts! it has handicapped me from knowing whether someone added to post or just everything..I am miserable..Ps Doc your last analysis about Obama was on target..some of own people wondering why so many acting like a cult now..odd..and some user activity has been on increase..one poster has over 700 posts in a 30day period..seeding the forums with affiliated members..like a gate crashing..identical ips too ..like this ..wierd..on the desertfae thread..

desertfae.com 208.109.181.91 ends with 208.109.181.91

piscesallmedia.com 66.225.253.242 ends at 208.109.181.91 An Australian group they know mel gibson probably

and they started thread like they dont know each other..!

I cant keep up that or with anything without my post button! Reward of one thousand thanx for its return..For Gods sake..bring it back help me fight for Truth!
!

Thank you
balance due 999

]

[edit on 9-2-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

The "My ATS" should work for now. All the posts you recently replied to will be found there in order of the most recent post. The list is on the left and it says top 50 subscriptions. Hope that works for now for everyone who doesn't look for their comments that way.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yep time to bring the posts button back.

Something stinks.

Curiouser and curiouser...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I don't care what I posted.
I like to research what others have posted.
It has always been an excellent research tool to find buried threads, follow up, repetition, trends, bias, opinion, facts, theorys, friends, respected foes, foes, quotes, proof etc. etc.
Taking the post button away is sketchy if we are seriously working to deny ignorance, this goes hand in hand with the new and improved past time of locking threads, deleting posts, burying threads in ghost towns and snipping words. But those spiffy looking reprimands with the Queen telling you "We don't do that here" makes it all good, I thought I was an adult that could form my own opinions and make my own decisions but I guess I need to be led by the hand. Cool! Thanks ATS!!!!

But whatever....

KTK

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

Interesting development there. I would have known about it if I had access to Sys_Configs posts.

Peoples posts are a valuable research tool.
Im not sure what defines over using the posts section, but I 'll stand guilty as charged in relation to the mystery.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by KTK]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

That's the only reason I ever used the "Post" button too- for other people. But many have said on this thread that they use it to find their own posts to know what threads they reply to and now they can't do so. So, I was letting them know there is another way to at least see the posts they have replied to by using the "My ATS" button.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWash

haha yeah sorry whitewash, i was drunk last night and even just now noticed it was my profile

as usual I was being a jerk, i wonder if ill get minus 500 points

oh well

i dont really pay attention to all the buttons around here as much as reading and only having one good eye left last night if even that, it didnt help

oh well, im still laughing and at myself

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
So, are we not allowed to use the Post feature often?

I guess im confused on what happened. I use the post feature all the time....to find threads I posted in, but didnt want to flag....to look at other people's posts to see what Ii have in common w/ them on issues...to find threads that I know someone posted on...

I had no idea there was a limit to how much we could use that feature?

Im really confused!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Lol, no worries man. Stuff happens.
If you didn't get minus points for it by now, doubt you will
Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Thanx for the suggestions and lord have mercy you all have some glorious avatars..I must get some of those..This does have the feel of a blackout doesnt it..imagine when the power really goes off..or gets off..on us.. heaven knows where we will gather..
But lease everyone
FLAG THIS THREAD BY CLICKING ON CHECKERD FLAG !! It will stay on front page to let everyone know thats coming in..and we will be heard..

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
So it is policy. You can knock me over with a feather!

Also the standard "overloading system" answer is only going to work for so long.

Well, I lost mah U2Us, now they gots mah eyes, what next?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So, when will the posts be back up?

Blogs are gone, and now posts are gone.......

Is ATS disappearing? Lol

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I thought I noticed the difference about the post button after ATS moved all of John Lear's posts and threads to Skunk Works.

I notice that Lear still isn't back, and no one is talking about it. I think the two issues are connected somehow.

Edited to add link to Skunk Works.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by yankeerose]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
yep the aliens stole my button as well.

Since we're talking about stuff like this, where in the heck is the SKUNKWORKS area???

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
So it was possible to overuse the Posts button?

How much was too much? I really enjoyed seeing what other people were posting in different threads. If there is someone that I usually see eye to eye with, I am interested in knowing what else they're discussing. It's also kept me from making judgments about whether someone is a total jerk just because of what they posted in one thread. I could look and see that usually I agree with what they say, just not in that instance.

It's also less convenient to followup on conversations I've been involved in. I almost don't feel like even trying

Boooooooooo!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think it is an invaluable tool in researching and following the ATS motto to Deny Ignorance.

I would have thought we might have been warned to take it easy looking up others posts before the feature was pulled, but what do I know???

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ok, something is going on here. Please 3 amigos, would you care to explain to all your userbase the real and exact reasoning for doing this? You have explained very little.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
i rely heavily on the "posts" button. this feature allows me to understand another member by following his/her posts thereby enabling me to better understand.

in the past 2 weeks there have been numerous "glitches" encountered here on ats that have been a source of irritation.

i an unable to put my finger on it but i definitely feel an adverse undercurrent on this board.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can't believe the MAN has stepped in and taken control over our beloved site!

How insanely frustrating!

Am I the only one going mad over this BS?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join