It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when i was a nipper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
ok , my first post on this excellent forum so i suppose i had better start with a story that happened to me when i was younger.

when i was 15 , i lived with my parents and my todler twin sisters in a fairly new detached house built ontop of farmers fields.
now one day i came home from school , the phone was ringing and i picked it up and an old woman on the phone told me to "get out of the house" , i shouted my mother and she said the woman had been phoning all day and to just hang up on her, just as i was about to put the phone down she started to repeat "who is this" to me.
now that could just be coincidental to the occurances of that night or maybe it had some relevence - i dont know but anyway....
it was 10:30pm , i was sitting watching tv with my mother in the main living room , my baby sisters where fast asleep in bed and my father was out overnight fishing. i heard a small rattle from the living room door and then the door which was slightly open slammed shut. thinking it was the wind that had done this , i stood up to see if any of the windows or doors where open , looked into the hallway etc and nothing was open so i went and sat back down.
a minute later the door handle went down on the door and the door swung open. me and my mother both thought it was odd as we could see from out sitting position thru the glass door of the living room that there was no one outside opening it.
i stood up again to close the door and before i had sat backdown again , the handle went down and the door swung open. now this time i was facing the door and could see no one at all was there , as i reached for the door handle to shut it , the door slammed shut and opened again. lets just say that me and mother excrimented bricks at that moment , we heard heavy footsteps go up and down the stairs and doors opening and closing all over the house.
my mother started screaming for my sisters as they where in bed - we ran into the kitchen and picked up knives (dont ask ?) and went up the stairs to check they where ok , and they where fine sleeping.
that was all that happened that night.

now later on in the same year at xmas (actually 2am xmas morning) , i had fell asleep about 11pm and awoke about 2am to noises comming from downstairs. i got up thinking it was my parents sorting out my sisters toys and went to walk downstairs. as i got to the top of the stairs i could see that there where no lights on in the living room (glass doors remember) and i could hear the usual house rumbling snores of my parents in their room. then i heard slow and heavy footsteps climbing the stairs , i ran into my parents room and checked that they where there and yes both of them where sleeping. so i looked over the banister down the stairs. in the light from outside i could see no one comming up the stairs and yet the footsteps where getting closer and closer - i waited until they where about 3ft away from the top of the stairs b4 fear took over and i darted off into my bedroom to spend a night under the sheets

now since those occurances i have often wondered if they where dreams etc and i have quized my mother over the events and she has backed me up that they did happen.

so , anyone have any ideas or shed some light onto what went on , anyone had anything similar etc ? ?

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by acidhead]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Very Interesting Story there.

Im afraid i dont know any answers anymore than you do.

Sorry.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hey it was a ghost attack? Some definite paranormal activity I think going on there. Ever happen since?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
nothing happened after that of which i know of

the thing that gets me is ...

im not religious , i have no beliefs of supreme creators etc. none at all of dead people walking the earth in a half way house between heaven etc. so im kind of stumped at what went on , it doesnt make any sense to me at all in that respect unless it was some kind of psychic ability - which im unsure exists also as most psychics who i have spoken to have actually just took educated guesses at my life and got wrong.

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by acidhead]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Firstly; very glad I'm not you, that would have scared the crap out of me

I have to agree with THENEO - it sounds like there's definitely some paranormal activity going on there.

Here's my two cents. The fact that it's fairly new makes things more interesting, as well as the fact that it was built on old fields. Maybe someone was killed and/or buried there? Then again, you'd think the body would have been found when laying the foundations for the house.

Curious.

Concerning the old woman calling; I haven't heard too many stories of ghosts ringing people up, so I'm a bit stumped there
Did you trace the number?

Thanks for sharing that - an interesting read.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Oops, sorry, forgot my manners

Welcome to the forum. It is indeed an excellent one!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Welcome To The Forum

fleyane, Now I have heard one ghost story when this couple used to go out and people rang their house an old woman answered saying they were not in. They didn't know what was going on they didn't see any other paranormal things in their house even when they set it to one ring before the answering machine picks up this woman still answers it still happens to this day. I know it has nothing to do with this story it involves a phone and you said you haven't heard to many stories involving phones so theres one for the bank

acidhead, There is something paranormal in that house you said it was new were you the first people to live in that house? I know this sounds stupid but from what I have read ghosts don't like change and that when something does they like to get used to it or vent their anger. You said you don't believe but it has to be whatever makes footsteps and opens doors that you can't see apart from ghosts?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Mikomi - tis banked

What's the deal with old women and phones?! It's just creepy. I better never get no old woman messing with my phone... actually, my mom did just call

Ahem. Anyway.

The theory about ghosts not liking change seems pretty reasonable. But, the house wasn't build over the site of an old house, or done up, or anything, it was built over fields. Hmmm. Slamming doors could definitely be seen as a way of releasing stress or anger, though! It is odd, because don't ghosts tend to recreate events that they undertook in life? In a field you wouldn't really have a chance to climb stairs or slam doors because there wouldn't have been any

Other than that... I'm still stumped. I guess if the fields aren't that old, there could have been a house there before? Oooh, or a barn maybe.

That's all I got!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
ill try and answer tho in no particular order.

we where not the first people to live in the house , the house was about 10 years old when we moved in. the fields that the land was built on have been around for years and years , as far as i know nothing was on the plot of land before the house.

when someone phones you up , you dont think about tracing the call - remember this was before we could see the number dialed and it meant a report to british telecom to trace it - at that time we never thought it was worth it.

i never said i dont believe in ghosts , i said that i am not religious and therefore dont think ghosts are spirits of the dead walking the earth b4 they go to heaven.

i am aware of telekenisis , even poltergiest are alleged troubled teens subconciously controling things, tho i dont think i was a troubled teen or capable of anything like that.

im just a bit stumped on the subject as it puts my whole belief system into dispute. if there are ghosts as people claim they are then there must be a god to me.
i dont just believe anything without reason and im a logical thinker , dont take this as being a skeptic.

i must also add that i have recently moved back into the house , nothing like that has happened since and i am not afraid to be here. no feelings , no coldness or anything. are there many stories of just a period of hauntings and then nothing ?

anyway- thanks for the replies

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I've found this site which lists the types of hauntings:

www.arcanemystique.com...

The last type is as follows:

"Time And Event Focused Haunting

Sometimes, there can be a specific time or event that triggers a haunting. This can be yearly, weekly, daily, or any other pattern that relates to specific events or times. Needless to say, the less frequent the events are, the more difficult it is to track, interact with, and ultimately clear, the haunting becomes. These tend to be more common hauntings than people might realize, but this is simply because such hauntings are not constant and therefore do not attract attention as much as most others. Of course, it can have the exact opposite effect depending on the time/event that is involved. It is nearly impossible to be more specific about this type of haunting focus as the factors involved will most likely be very specific to both the haunting and the time/event."

This may explain why those events appear to be a one-off?

Other than that; I have heard of various hauntings which have continued for a matter of years, or even just months, before ceasing, so I'd say that it's entirely possible for the occurances you experienced to have been of a similar nature - although perhaps within a shorter time-span.

For example, here is a book compiled of information on a haunting which lasted for three years:

www.crowstreetpress.com...

Still, yours is a very intriguing story which thus far remains a mystery! Please let us know if you experience any other odd occurances or disturbances, I for one would be very interested to know

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Some paranormal scientists/psychologists have theorized that poltergeists (things moving around by themselves, unexplained sounds) may be attributed to errant human energy emmanations, most likely from adolescents and post-adolescents. There's no proof, but that could explain the door thing.

As far as the footsteps, well, there's a test that we use here in America called the MMPI (Minnesota Multi-phasic Personality Inventory) that is used in part to determine one's mental health. Interestingly, a teenager who scores normal on the teenage criteria may indeed score as a schizophrenic if the adult scoring criteria is used.

Hallucinations are more common than people would like to believe, even for 'normals'. The mind is fragile, and anything can cause it to see what it wants when it wants. In fact, our perception of what is normal in everyday life is more a matter of conditioning than actual observation of reality...

We see what we want to see, and we hear what we want to hear.

Of course, there is always the very distinct possibility that the house you lived in was haunted by a spirit.

DeltaChaos

P.S. I figured out what you mean by nipper, but that means something else stateside. It's alright.

Man, I'm staying out of the paranormal string... it gives me the willies!

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
lol what does nipper mean over your side ? or shouldnt i ask ?

cheers for the info people

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
First I Must Welcome You To the Site.

To answer your question.

I must ask do you belive in ghosts? while there is no scientific evidence to prove or deny thier exsitence i belive they do. It is one of the few things i belive in with out evidence only because i have expeierienced such a phenomenon my self. My Next door neighbor has her own two "ghosts" The quite frequently turn the door handles, Cry, And Among otherthings Scare the crap out of her two dogs. I Have Seen Them My self .im not asking you to accept this as i probly would not belive this i f i had not seen it myself i only offer a posibility you might consider. remember the truth is not what you see but what remains hidden

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
lol what does nipper mean over your side ? or shouldnt i ask ?

cheers for the info people

nipper is also a chinese person....aka zipper heads/9 irons...
We don't use this terminology tho, thats why that guy was wondering what u mean by a nipper...

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
omg! im all for ghost stories.....but if that wudda scared the # outta me

Ive had a few paranormal experiences before, but nothing like that, definitly sounds like a ghost to me!
How long did you live in that house? do your parents still live there now?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
nipper is the name of a map maker in the online, first person shooter game, Counter Strike.

god i love that game!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i cant explain it but i CAN say i know what you are feeling, same thing happened to me for years, but it was the celing, not the stairs.

and as it turns out there were squirrels in the attic. its not the paranormal answer you were looking for but who knows.

maybe its harry potter.

new topics

top topics

join