It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh boy! Am I Depressed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DG, there are more of us here that can relate to you than you realize.I was told the same thing by my older children.To leave my EX because I deserved better and to be happy.That is a hard thing to hear from your children.I felt like I not only had made a bad choice for myself, but that in doing so I had failed them as well. Life is too short and too precious to waste being unhappy if you are able to change your life.The road ahead may not be paved with gold, may have a few bumps, and you may still meet a crossroads.Just do what it feels right in your heart to do FOR YOU DG, not anyone else.YOU deserve to be happy. I had a few people that had to drill that into my head over a period of time before I MYSELF believed it, and got the courage to act on it.Once my mind was made up, there was no stopping me. Honey, I have not been this happy in 20 years.It was SO worth the short time of the nasty emotional stuff at the beginning of ending it all, to get me here, now.
That in itself was the biggest challenge to overcome.Actually believing that I deserved better, that I could be happy.That I had the power to change and make that happen.I have gained more respect from my children for making this decision.Perhaps when you do this for yourself your older son will regain the respect he should have for you.In fact, I would demand it.
Love and hugs girl,
AD

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
AD,

You are right. If my own son wants better for me, that speaks volumes, i know and its sad to hear that i messed up so badly picking a father for them, huh?
Thank you so much for your support. I really treasure it! You and the rest are really awesome people and i thank you so much for being here for me. Thank you, AD, and i'm very happy for you. Maybe one day i'll be happy too.

Your friend, DG

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Always here when you need hon. We all are. It was all my friends here that gave me the support network I needed.We can be that for you too.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What the hell happened to that pink bus fantasy anyway? It would be a good time for a trip

Edit* not enough coffee...can't spell

[edit on 2/11/2008 by jensouth31]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I think that pink bus fantasy would be great right about now!!!

Jen, you rent it for a month and i'll drive or we will just TAKE IT FOR A MONTH- isnt that what Thelma & Louise would do???

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think you're right! Just take it

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I understand the whole thing about not wanting to leave your husband because of your elderly mother, that is a really hard spot to be put in and I hope you can brainstorm a way around it because he really sounds like a toxic person. Also, you leaving him may be the best thing for him as well. It could be a wake-up call for him. They say that sometimes the best thing for an alcoholic is to experience rock-bottom and I think you leaving him would definatly be rock-bottom for him.

As far as your son, you didn't concieve his kids, you didn't decide for him to get custody of them and for him to be a single parent. Once he is 18, you really aren't legally obligated to do didly squat for him.

It bothers me personally when I see adult children who have parents who do so much for them and do not appreciate it. My mother-in-law has done more for me than my own mother and I would bend over backwards for her because of it.

You deserve to be appreciated, please try and find a way to put your foot down.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dg, I just found this thread. I'm always here for you. Family stresses are the worst, I've been there.

What can I say? We love you and want you to be happy.

I wish there was a hugs smilie...

jso

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thanks to jsobecky for bumping this thread up, I had not seen it either.

DG, I am so sorry to hear about everything that is going on, I sincerely mean that. It seems like one thing after another at times, but please stay strong! You are an incredibly good person, and you don't deserve to be down in the dumps like this, and definitely don't deserve any disrespect.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, and as others here have said, you are 10 digits away from calling someone to talk to when you ever need it!

Lots of Love to You!
Nite

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thank you again to my dear friends. I'm coping- last i heard my husband was locked up in his room and wouldnt come out until i left the house.
I left, he knew i had to spend a week babysitting, so off i went without so much as a good bye.

I did give him plenty to think about while i'm gone out of the house this time.
I brought up from wedding day to now! He listened, because i wouldnt shut up this time.

If you want to send me some good vibes, i would appreciate it. Thanks again, and Jsobecky and Niteboy, it goes without saying i love you very much!!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
DG.

As far as your mom goes? I'll bet she surprises you, if you were to talk to her about it. Parents are strange that way.

Your youngest son seems to have his head on straight.

Life can suck at times, but like someone said earlier in the thread. They can only make you miserable if you let them.

As always, I'm a U2U, or a phone call away.

Jon.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

GOOD FOR YOU DG! You just took the first step. Now dig your heels in girl, because it may start to be a bumpy ride. But hold your ground!
>HUGS<
AD

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Really sorry to hear you're feeling down DG.

Life gets like that sometimes but trust me.. You can't make yourself unhappy just to please someone else,no matter how much you love them.
It sounds honourable but it just NEVER works.
You gotta think of number one sometimes.

Life is full of parties but you have to know which ones to leave early.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Life is full of parties but you have to know which ones to leave early.
I will make this my signature!!!! Its so right!!
Thanks again all of you!!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
dg,

I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. Do you want me to come out and help you kick some butt? Kids!! They don't know when they have it good.

You don't deserve anything but good treatment and respect. Don't let them disrespect you. You are a kind and loving woman who deserves all the best life has to offer you. Tell me what time I can call you and I will tonight. Dang girl I've missed you.

Hugs,.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join