It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Strike states and fallout map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The link that is below will show old nuclear strike sites and a continental fallout map. These maps haven't been updated since 2001 but I couldn't find any others on the internet. Just pick a state and when the new page comes up scroll down to see the fallout patterns under the state strike map.

I don't believe the the next sitX will be a full out nuclear strike on the US but possibility remains.

www.radmeters4u.com...

If you want to discuss this thread , that is ok. I am posting it for information purposes.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
yeah i seen this site a while ago, they built a bunker somewhere or something for the Y2k thing or mileniul destruction... ahh innocence is bliss if you find any kool nuke info id love to swee and or discuss it email me if u want at [email protected]
also get some iodine pills if it gets worse than that then your prolly skrewed unless u got alot of cash to float on an investment that may be worthless(like that bunker) although id buy one if i had the money

also russia has said they have nano bombs that are just as powerful as nukes without the nasty side effects, good luck and happy hunting.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
leomurray,

When I stumbnled upon this site 3 years ago if found it intresting about the preps for y2k. I checked my state and followed a few links and there are sit communities or groups here that are set up for self sufficency. To bad they don't update the sites more often.

If I find any intresting information i will definetly pass it on.

www.disastershelters.net...

This site has some good shelters and they can put them wherever you want, a bit pricey but I can dream.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wow, I am in Columbia, I didn't know Missouri was a RED state! That sucks... it just makes me and my friends jobs that much harder.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
so what exactly does the whole red state mean.....I'm in South Dakota where there is a huge pack around Rapid City....what does it all mean?

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by leomurray
yeah i seen this site a while ago, they built a bunker somewhere or something for the Y2k thing or mileniul destruction... ahh innocence is bliss if you find any kool nuke info id love to swee and or discuss it email me if u want at [email protected]
also get some iodine pills if it gets worse than that then your prolly skrewed unless u got alot of cash to float on an investment that may be worthless(like that bunker) although id buy one if i had the money

also russia has said they have nano bombs that are just as powerful as nukes without the nasty side effects, good luck and happy hunting.

The U.S. Massive Ordnance Air Blast, nicknamed the Mother Of All Bombs, a large-yield satellite-guided, air delivered bomb, had been described as the most powerful non-nuclear weapon in history.
Channel One said that while the Russian bomb contains about 7 tons of high explosives compared with more than 8 tons of explosives in the U.S. bomb, it's four times more powerful because it uses a new, highly efficient type of explosives developed with the use of nanotechnology. The report did not identify the explosives.
While the American bomb is equivalent to 11 tons of TNT, the Russian one is equivalent to 44 tons of regular explosives. The Russian weapon's blast radius is 300 meters, or 990 feet, twice as big as that of the U.S. design, the report said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.live-pr.com...

Interesting.

It is starting to sound like we're starting a new arms race.

With everyone with their fingers on a red button, I wonder if we'll manage to keep from pushing it this time around.

We definately don't have cool heads involved this time around.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cav01c14

The red states means it is a major fallout producing state based on the number of nuclear explosions that happen in the state. Ellsworth AFB is by rapid city that has stragtic bombardment and icbms. This was a major target of Russian during the cold war.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Cool, the red and the blue states. Fallout states. Do you think it is possible to just chill and coexist?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Think about it - how many of those missilesare going off course?

My bet is in the order of 10 to 50% will veer off and hit rural areas like yellowstone and in the mountains. Even when SINGLE missile is fired at a target there is often some kind of screwup. And thats even when all the brains are concentrating on that one launch.

So when masses of old missiles are sent off who knows exactly where they are landing.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Plus you have the fact there might be a nuclear plant near by that will get hit and that wouldnt be good for any state. I know its about 40 miles from us here in NC, but if Raleigh got hit, it may be close enough to blow it. Figuring Raleigh is a bit closer to Apex then I am.

Hilda

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertRogers

I don't think the error rate will be that bad. Maybe 1-2 percent if the Russians volley off thier ICBM's. These are not new weapons systems and the huge majority of the bugs are worked out.

As far as Yellowstone goes, Why not target a few MIRVs there? If they could somehow trigger the super caldera there would cause way more havoc in that scenario

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

A total nuclear strike is unlikely, the map shows prevailing wind and fallout patterns so if one city was hit in the near future, you could predict the fallout area which could be useful. The yellowstone super volcano might not need a mirv to hit it to make it go, it might go first. Which there are a few web sites if you google yellowstone super volcano.

This website has some info on previous eruptions and the ash beds those eruptions left.

www.solcomhouse.com...

Something that big would definetly cause a nuclear winter.

top topics

join