It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sealed Door Way in Italy.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Also, the hebrew letters on the top bar below the circle appear to be "Bet Tav Lamed Aleph Tav Nun Resh". I have no idea what that means if correct.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Animal, very interesting and intriguing photograph. It appears there is a Latin inscription below the threshold which it seems to me contains a date. On the lefthand side there seems to be a preponderance of 'C's indicating some sort of numerical value. Do you happen to have a closeup of this area or have you unconvered a description of the engraving?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
WhiteWash,

I made 8 letters and some different to you, perhaps someone may want to compare my list with yours to see if they can see any other possibilities and try to work out what it may say. I made MEM-YOD-TAU-DALETH-ALEPH-HEH-NUN-KAPH. The first two letters you quoted seem to have a small YOD in between them. I wonder if any of the ATS posters can read Hebrew.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I have just sent a request to the original source of this images for more, hopefully closer up images. I will post anything that gets sent my way.

I have to say, I KNEW posting these here on ATS would produce some results. My hat off to you all for your help and knowledge. I am truly impressed.

A most gracious thank you, Animal

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Interesting find. The symbol above the door is a Messianic Seal or Symbol. Interesting to see it with the Astronomical symbols. Could be a tomb considering the guardian statues. The concrete looks to be no more than 50 to 100 years old. Could be newer or older depending on the quality and the climate. Looks modern though.

Edited to mention I think I was wrong about the Messianic Seal. I found a similar example that identified it as an "Occultist" symbol.

[edit on 2/9/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well its an interesting doorway, but more than likely made mysterious by whoever first posted the pictures. Since the location seems to be "lost" between the lines (Piazza del Toro says nothing, it could be anywhere), its no doubt an easily explained item if you know where it is and who to ask about it.

So I call bunk on it being "mysterious".

[edit on 9-2-2008 by merka]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

Fair enough, I will ask the person who provided the images to specify where in Italy this door is.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Ask for google earth coordinates too. I'd like to see surroundings.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Occult lodges sometimes create places for rituals. There are a lot them in Europe.

A lot of lodges are practicing occultisme that can be compared with for example wicca, only without all the drama and jumping naked over fire (sorry witches) Lots of symbolisme is used.
It's all about learning manipulating nature.

It could be that the doorway have been used for rituals.
Prove? No, its a guess.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

NEATO!!!! good find! I would say... there is a solution to this issue... a sledgehammer, and a bunch of Covert after dark work... Might not be worth it... depends on whats on the other side... VERY COOL FIND...

I would say the concrete was placed late to mid 19th century... I don't know why... but from some reason it has that feel for me. Can you find out if the owner of the pics knows any further information such as date of construction/find etc?

Coven

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Very interesting, there appears to be the "star of david" on there as well. The statues represent that of paganistic Gods it looks like.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The symbol in the middle at the bottom of the door appears to be a sigil to me. Just my thoughts.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It could very well be a ceremonial false door like the Egyptians used to be very fond of. I have written some thoughts and observations down about it, but I need to visit my attic to find the relevent documents, as I recognise the circular seal above the door. The symbol was used by Berenger Sauniere ( as in the Rennes-Le-Chateau mystery ), presumably in connection with The Priory of Sion. I believe he had it made into a bookplate for his Library collection, the picture I have somewhere has a clear impression of the wording all around it. I will have to try to make some time to find it out from the dust and cobwebs! That is unless someone can find a print of it in one of thier books first, that would be better, as I don`t know how to transfer images to the web, but I could write the inscription out. Even if the door turns out to be a folly, you have to be allowed to ask the question about it without being flamed for it. It is only a matter of time before the next big mystery arrives and they have to start somewhere. Lets hope that something of interest turns up on it.
As a last thought, a friend looked at the hebrew inscription and said that he thought it translated into " The water door " well who knows, I`m sure someone can tell us.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hello .
I see 8 letters in Hebrew (from right to left) - Resh -vav- het/Hey..... Aleph lamed Hey Yud Mem
The second word is Elohim, the first is problematic .
If its Hey - then it goes "Rave" - which meens full/fill (state of revaya in electronics - achieving threshhold - only incedence i saw this word used
so translation lacks, obviously).
If it is Het - then it's simpler. It's Ruah - spirit.
So in the second case it's simple Holy spirit. I think it's christian phrase?
Hope it helps.
Actually dug a litle in internet - it's not holy spirit -
www.hebrew4christians.com...

[edit on 9-2-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well the upper left symbol is older less used symbol for Saturn, given that timeframe then identified Mars would be Uranus due to the verticle arrow and dot in the center. Since venus was never depicted with a dot in the center then I am leaning more towards alchemy compounds the Venus as depicted would be guilded copper or cuprum auratum.

Other support for that theory would be the lower right hand symbol doesn't represent any planet. The top seal looks pretty much like this so my guess would be either an advertisement for the local apothecary or an achemist's society/guild from 1600-1700's. I lean more toward the alchemists due to the esoteric notion of a "doorway" in a solid wall would be a symbol of enlightenment beyond common boundries.

Given the multiple sources for alchemical symbols including lost books and journals we can't be sure what the compounds listed might be although there is same seemingly latin text near each symbol, the picture's resolution is too low to make it out.

It is an interesting find and I would love to learn more about it.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

These are two reverse images of the inscription bottom right frame of picture facing doorway, second one with contrast effect.

[edit on 9/2/08 by DogHead]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Very cool find you have here! I'm amazed at the mix of cultural symbols and writing. I have a book named " Magician's companion, a practical & Encycolpedic Guide to Magical and religious symbolism". I just spent an hour going through it looking at several alphabets and symbols. I don't know what to say???? You obviously have hebrew glyphs, and latin. Okay! So the symbols.... here's the wierd part only 3 of them are in this book of hundreds of symbols. The left side has the symbols for mars, masculinity and the dot in the circle of it some how represents the sun, with no dot it would just be mars. Then the symbol directly below it refers to mercury . The dot in the circle still relates somehow to the sun. Elementaly the mars symbol relates to Iron. ( though I can't figure out why it' stotaly vertical and not on an angle) the second of mercury represents itself. On the right side top we have the femine symbol representing the element copper and the palnet venus. The other symbols have me stumped me atleast the ones on the sides of the "gate way" . They seem to be some kinda mix of alchemey type and enochian or some rare form of snakirt. The bottom symbol looks like the Enochian name of an angel, demon, or deity. This book only has the names of angels, but the style is so simular. The top of the "gateway is clearly hebrew, but I can't read it even in English when I translated alphabeticaly.
Okay the top is obviously a circle within a circle with the star of david and an inverse femine symbol. The dot in the circle seems to be the inverted version of the " all seeing eye" If you're familar with the stopries about star charts in ancient structures. This seems to have something to do with Venus and the " all seeing eye " wich according to these star charts has to do with a constilation called Paladis I think that is just below Sirius if you line up the belt of Orion to Sirius. People still worship Veus today because it is the "morning star" and has alot to do with the stories and myths of all cultures. It's the finishing piece to a puzzle ( or the key to a star map)The supposed planet or home of the Gods is said to be there. Hence the all seeing eye ( there watching you LOL) The star of david represents two overlapping trinities because it is made of two seperate triangles and not a solid shape ( you feel me?)

The staues seem to be figures of a society we are not at all familar with. The don't look Roman, Greek, Phonician, Sumerian, or Eygptian... Do they. Who are they? Oh and the circle with the dot not only represents the Sun, but also Gold.

If I had to give a sub par educted guess I would say it's a portal to Sirius or maybe "the home of the Gods" ( so many languages and different types of symbolism). What ever it is it's got to be important to be read by someone or someones very intelligent, educated, initiated, or enlightened).

That's really all I could get . I hope to come up with more. I'm gonna send this pictur eto some certain groups of people and see what they can't share with me if they are permited to or can translate the damn thing.

Thanks I've been mentally stimulate dfor a while on this one!

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
alot of the symbles can be fount on this

the Rosy Cross of the Golden Dawn

source for all above is en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
this clearly has nothing to do with the occult or any 'wierd' thing.

its a recenntly built doorway straight into a wall.

or maybe it really is some kind of a 'stargate'...come on, get a grip! if you really want to believe in some occult mystery there are much more plausible inexplcable things to look at.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

I'm not so sure your gonna find an earthly maening to the symbols. They all relate to planets or some sort of Angelic or maybe the Nephlim and Annukai. The only Earthy anything is the elements and metls they also represent, but even at one point they didin't originate here as elements. They are universal!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join