It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sealed Door Way in Italy.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I originally found these images in the Mysterious Universe forum posted by the moderator Agent 51. There was some interesting discussion around what they may be but noone came up with anything conclusive.

I find them to be fascinating as they bear obvious occult symbols. In the original thread I saw them in they were referred to as the "Italian Stargate". Because I can not find any information on it, and because I am so interested, and because I consider so many of you here to be incredibly well informed I thought I would share the images and see what you all think it may be or hopefully to see what information you can share.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is in the Piazza del Toro.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Animal]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Interesting. I would be curious to see what it looks like on top of the structure. It appears as if some plants are growing up there. Do you have any photos showing it from the top?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My initial reaction is that its a tomb of some sort. I'll see what i can find out about it, cool pics.

mojo

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Nope, sorry, these are the only photos I was able to get from the original source. I also believe they are the only photos he has to share. My impression is that this is a wall. Whether a retaining wall (meaning holding earth with level ground on top) or a simple wall that has just accumulated debris over time allowing plants to take root on top, I am not sure.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Clearly the symbols along the sides are astronomical... whereas the characters along the top are written in Hebrew.

Within the topmost circle you have the star of david underneath an image of an inverted ahnk... perhaps there is a more Christian view of the cross / circle image, but I am at a loss at the moment.

The figures to either side are guardians, protecting the doorway, barring those unworthy to cross.

And, judging by the clay bricks behind the concrete structures, I would say that this is fairly recent.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Very Interesting. They do seem to be doorwayesque in appearance. I can't imagine that there aren't any reasonable explanations for this. I immediately thought of a tomb as well.... but to me it doesn't seem to be. All of the symbols seem to be pretty straight forward. What they are all doing together however is a mystery to me. The only symbol I cannot make out however, is the one on the bottom of the doorway... maybe someone will know.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The white 'door frame' looks like concrete, put there well after the wall. You can see something slightly wider just behind it, but the whole wall looks quite evenly aged. Interesting symbols though, put there for tourists?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I concur that it was put there after the wall, but for what purpose?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Can you give the link to where this was discussed before? I tried going through your profile to see your current posts but the feature appears to be down for the moment. Thanks. This is interesting.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Sorry this is all i could find with a quick search.
The Piazza del Toro maybe in the city of Faenza. If we have any Italian members they might be able to point us in the right direction if thats not the case. Piazza del Toro doesnt get me much information on google.

Of Roman origins, Faenza is a splendid city of art whose fame already shone in the Renaissance period of the production of exquisitely made pottery that was exported all over Europe. According to mythology, the name of the first settlement, Faoentia, had Etruscan and Celtic roots, meaning in Latin "Splendeo inter deos" or "I shine among the Gods", in modern English.

The other Piazza i found mentioned which is similar is Piazza St.Giovanni del Toro
Are you sure it is Piazza del Toro? Do you know the name of the city/town it is in?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It was originally discussed on another forum, on the mysterious universe site, sadly when that forum was updated to a new program(?) the original thread was lost.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

It's more than interesting with YOU AND ME BOTH!

I've been intrigued with hidden/sealed doorways, since I could remember.

Therein, lies the puzzle to be solved...

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
look at symbols at the center bottom of the door way. Then click link below.

Symbol seen by Lonnie Zamora
www.ufodigest.com...

also see ummo and other symbols

hope this helps

source of all above: ufo digest.com

[edit on 8-2-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Yup, Astronomical symbols and some Hebrew characters. What we're looking at here is likely the remains of some middle age / renaissance alchemist's workshop or an apothecary. They were pretty widespread in Italy during the period, and both trades combined a lot of Astrology and "Religious magic" into their study of physics, assigning star signs, phases, solar positions, angelic names, sacred points and such to the leads, salts, etc that they worked with.

It's a terrifically interesting field to read up on, just to see what hte world of science was like during this period.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Though interesting and similar, I'm still hoping for a earthly explanation for this even if it turns out to be bizarre. Thanks for the link though, I'll probably read the whole article later.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am a landscaper and some of the projects my crew have done involve taking the best of something run down to rubble,,, such as a fallen barn,,(work with me, live midwest america) and taking leftover pieces of said fallen barn and make something out of them,, rock steps,rock walls, garden posts, whatever.. The point I'm trying to make is ,maybe that is what happened, old structure falls down and/or gets torn down and to keep with local motif they take leftover's and make an historic looking garden scene, complete with statues and curious symbal's...note the mortar behind block's. this looks to be 2 different photos taken at 2 different times,,note the vine??

[edit on 8-2-2008 by jtelt]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Alchemy does seem to fit, I hadn't even thought of it. It certainly makes sense, I'll probably pull out my wife's book on the subject and see what I can find.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Then again, maybe it is a tomb or shrine of some kind. In the upper left of each of the pic's we can see what appears to be a hole in the wall, I wonder how deep the hole is?? The writing and symbol's are rather curious. I gotta dig now!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
theres even a Rosicrucians symbol on (left center of door way)

source listverse.com...

I found lots of other things ..weird

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Well, let me take a try on some of it.

The topmost major symbol seems to indicate Theosophy, a mystical order founded in 1875 by Helena Petrovna Blavatsky.
Examine here

Now, if you look at my edited photo, you will see that the left symbol(s) are:
Mars/Male and below that on left the symbol for Mercury(signifying Earth).
Upon the Right is the symbol of Venus/Female. The other symbols I am not sure of but they seem very related to what is discussed in the "MONAS HIEROGLYPHICA" by Dr. John Dee. Examine Here

The statues flanking the door appear very Mesopotamian in nature to me.
The addition of hebrew and roman numerals are equally interesting. The whole thing smacks of the occult. It would be lovely if someone could gather more information on this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join