It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass UFO Sighting in Fenland, England

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The article is dated 2/8/2008. Supposedly a bunch of different people saw something and called in about it. Here's the article:

www.fenlandcitizen.co.uk...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Diplomat]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
No one has anything to say about this sighting? Did I miss something? Is it completely irrelevent or something?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well what's there to say? Its a sighting with no photo evidence, so all we have to go after is the witnesses. And they dont seem to be clear on what they saw: One says hot air ballon, another assumes its a jet, some say one big light, others say multiple lights. The article ends with the line that it was "out of this world", something clearly not for the guy that describes it as a hot air ballon... Which then again is unlikely to zoom away very fast as it was also described.

In the end, its a garbled message. A UFO, no doubt. Alien? Plane? Ballon? Impossible to say.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
its significant all right, I just think people find it hard to respond as there is so many of these threads and not enough specifics, the other night I saw something very strange but posting a thread about it????????? nah, I will however mention it here because I live in Britain, Glasgow to be precise, last night I was walking back from the shops and approached the traffic lights near to where I live, I looked and saw a bright light, dark in the middle but surrounded by a circle of light, like a star, I was distracted by the traffic for a second and when I looked back to see it again it was gone, strange thing is it looked very near and a few hundred feet off the ground so it must have been very small, later on I thought it must have been a helicopter but there was no sound, it resembled a foo fighter and it was definitely close to me because it was in front of the nearby high rise flats and very low indeed

All said and done there is very little for anyone to respond to my sighting as there is no real specifics, I could be just making it up, I have no proof, no photo so all you can do is give the information and leave it at that

Edited to add, it was not moving, just hovering

[edit on 9-2-2008 by jackcowboy]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Well what's there to say? Its a sighting with no photo evidence, so all we have to go after is the witnesses. And they dont seem to be clear on what they saw: One says hot air ballon, another assumes its a jet, some say one big light, others say multiple lights. The article ends with the line that it was "out of this world", something clearly not for the guy that describes it as a hot air ballon... Which then again is unlikely to zoom away very fast as it was also described.

In the end, its a garbled message. A UFO, no doubt. Alien? Plane? Ballon? Impossible to say.

Well in that case isn't it basically the same as the Stephenville UFO sightings? A bunch of people reporting that they saw something strange.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Good find Diplomat.

Starred and flagged.

Any sightings like this should be noted.
Alone they are fascinating enough but when combined with all the sightings over the last year or so, you have to ask WTF is happening?

If they all are UFOs of the extra terrestial kind, they sure are getting more game.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
"Among the first to ring in was Colin Coulson, who believes the answer to the mystery lies not in a far-flung galaxy but much closer to home.

He thinks what everyone saw was a hot air balloon. He spotted the strange light as he was travelling home from Peterborough along the A47.

Mr Coulson said he followed the light and realised it was probably a hot air balloon. He explained the strange glow would be created by the burner used to heat up the air.

"The burner would be turned on and light up to heat the air and then it would be turned off - that would explain how the light suddenly disappeared," said Mr Coulson."

Theres the typical unoriginal response.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Boy, so just because Mr Coulson says he thought it was hot air balloon, then
we should just move along nothing to see here?

I agree dodgygeeza that is a typical unoriginal response from Coulson.
What more can we expect
Why do they just throw that out there without finding out facts first?
Like if hot air balloons were flying over the area at the time?
Shouldn't be too hard for the local media to check into surely?

Hope to see some updates if any more info becomes available.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And why would just that explanation being targeted as "unoriginal"? If anything crying "UFO" at any light in the sky is as unoriginal as it gets

Why do you think I was talking about it being a garbled message? Without having a more uniform description of the event, one cant do anything about it, like form any conclusion about what it was. I doubt it would help to get "more info" about it as it will probably be yet another type of description and explanation.

This is one of those typical sightings that will never be explained. If we DO find out a balloon was flying there at the time, people will yell "but it flew away at great speed!". If we find that an airplane flew over the area, people will yell "but it was like a balloon, it cant be an airplane!".

[edit on 10-2-2008 by merka]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why do people try to explain away something they can't rationalize or understand? I understand why the do it, but what is so bad about saying, Hey man, I really don't know what it was but I'm pretty sure I know what it wasn't. We didn't always think the earth was round or that it revolved around the sun. Why are we so pre-disposed as a race to such arrogance in regards to what we do an do not understand. Society needs to step back and say, Hey... we don't know Jack, but we here with an open mind and we are ready to learn. I think the world would be a better place.

Sorry bout that, but that Hot air ballon guy set me off

top topics

join