It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just singing in the rain. On Neptune.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"Once these diamonds form, they fall like raindrops or hailstones toward the center of the planet," said Benedetti.

www.abc.net.au...

"It's really cool to watch," said Benedetti. "When you turn on the laser the methane turns black because of all the diamonds created. The black diamond specks float in a clear hydrocarbon liquid melted by the laser."

Its amazing what you can find out spinning off something else.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
wow, now thats pretty cool. and right after that bit on the giganterous diamond. this, this is reproducible on earth (obviously, since they reproduced it) ignoring the obvious scientific uses, could this be commercialized? i mean, its only diamond dust, but thats a helluva lot better than waiting a few thousand years for some damn plant to get crushed a whole lot.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
wow, now thats pretty cool. and right after that bit on the giganterous diamond. this, this is reproducible on earth (obviously, since they reproduced it) ignoring the obvious scientific uses, could this be commercialized? i mean, its only diamond dust, but thats a helluva lot better than waiting a few thousand years for some damn plant to get crushed a whole lot.

www.amnh.org...

here you go

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yeah.. I posted something like this last year... These diamonds can get as small as dust, or as large as small houses!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

www.amnh.org...

here you go

i take that back, i like this more. go diamond growing!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The average person has enough carbon in them to produce between 50 and 100 diamonds.

www.artificialreefs.org...

Heres some ideas for when you die.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Oh oh so you mean that most of us are worth more dead than alive! I just knew it.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Oh oh so you mean that most of us are worth more dead than alive! I just knew it.

LMAO thats is so funny and so true.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

lol, we already were. E=Mc^2, remember that? take a good 90 kg man, toss him in the furnace, bang! plenty 'o energy! solution to the crisis! and, proof we didnt go to iraq for oil, cuz we dun need it no more!

new topics

top topics

join