It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Famous Jump Salute and what i saw at Kennedy Space Center

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let me start by saying i am still 50/50 on whether the Moon Landings were hoaxes or not.

Ok we all know this famous picture:

This picture is used often when debunking whether we went to the moon or not. In fact it is always mentioned in every video i have seen. For those that don't know it is because of the little flap on the top of his suit is different to the supposed video of the same event.

Now i was recently on holiday in the US and at one point i was able to go to the Kennedy Space Center. While there i saw the IMAX movie:

“Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D” – Presented and narrated by Tom Hanks

In this film it shows that famous picture and the video. Something struck me as odd when watching it and i cannot find the clip in question online. Everytime i have seen the jump salute on debunk videos it shows him jump and salute and that's it. What i saw in the IMAX is the same event, however, he does not jump once, he jumps twice.

I know this is only a minor detail, but i had never seen him jump twice. It didn't click quick enough when i was watching to look for the flap, hence why i am asking ATS. Does anyone have the unedited version of the double jump, and does that flap show its little head on the second jump?

It is quite possible that the picture was taken on the second jump when a flap was visible but it was not on the first jump.

I hope this all made sense.

[edit on 8/2/2008 by SilentShadow]

[edit on 8/2/2008 by SilentShadow]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There are a lot of inconsistencies in the "jump salute" sequence. If you really want to get some answers I suggest Jack White's analysis of the Moon photos. Google him, there is a site that I cant recall the name of that has a big collection of his stuff, including a lot of new "problems" with the moon photos like obvious airbrushing etc. that people are finding using computer filters to examine the photos.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
There are a lot of inconsistencies in the "jump salute" sequence. If you really want to get some answers I suggest Jack White's analysis of the Moon photos. Google him, there is a site that I cant recall the name of that has a big collection of his stuff, including a lot of new "problems" with the moon photos like obvious airbrushing etc. that people are finding using computer filters to examine the photos.

Okay, so I'm assuming it answers the OP's question about the double jump. Right?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

The "double jump" is part of the original video, and yes the photo analysis I am referrring to points out many things that dont match between the video and the photos.

EDIT TO ADD: here is the link, the pages here are huge, so be patient if you have slow connection.

www.aulis.com...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by ItsHumanNature]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

I know of the inconsistencies, what i was saying is that i had never seen the double jump before. All comparisons are taking from one jump, i would be interested seeing the double jump video to see whether the famous 'flap' was actually up on the second jump. But we only ever saw the first one, indicating the camera shot was taken on the second one.

BTW the link didn't help answer the double jump... well i couldn't find where specifically you were talking.

jra

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
Does anyone have the unedited version of the double jump, and does that flap show its little head on the second jump?

I've always seen it with two jumps. Here's a link. And from what I see, the flap in question is already up before he starts to jump. I can see it wobble around when he lands.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
reply to post by Valhall

The "double jump" is part of the original video, and yes the photo analysis I am referrring to points out many things that dont match between the video and the photos.

EDIT TO ADD: here is the link, the pages here are huge, so be patient if you have slow connection.

www.aulis.com...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by ItsHumanNature]

I looked at Jack White's analysis of the "Jump Salute" in the link you provided, and I am quite unimpressed.

1. He says that in the photo his legs are spread apart and his knees look locked, which is an indication that he really wasn't jumping, because if he was, his legs would be together. Well, on the video (posted by jra) of the astronaut jumping looks like a real jump to me, and his legs ARE apart and his knees DO look locked -- i.e. his legs look exactly the same in the video and the photos (although its hard to tell his knees through the spacesuit in either the still photos or the video).

2. This is the big one...He says there are no footprints leading to the saluting astronaut. But I took one look at the original photos and I most certainly saw footprints, plain as day. Here are those photos:

I don't know why Jack White would say there are no footprints when the photos clearly show that there ARE footprints. Either Mr. White is a bad investigator, or he is lying for some reason -- either way it doesn't look good for White's arguments.

3. He Says that it is odd that the saluting astronaut's arms are in the same position in each photo. However, in the video of the two jump salutes, we can see that his arms ARE in very similar positions in each photo -- and for the life of me, I don't know why Jack White would think that it would be odd to pose the same way for two photos taken seconds apart. That doesn't seem odd to me.

4. In his "Jump Salute 2" investigation, he says the camera MUST be on a tripod to get 2 photos that are so similar -- meaning the camera must stay in virtually the same position. Well, by looking at the video again, we can see that the photographer astronaut stayed almost exactly still between the two jump salutes, meaning that the pictures WOULD be about the same -- no tripod required.

I know I have taken two photos that were seconds apart during which I stayed in the same position for both photos. Those photos were pretty much the same composition and looked identical -- it isn't that difficult to do.

Like I said, Jack White's investigation of these photo is certainly lacking. The fact that he outright missed the footprints plus his other questionable conclusions leads me to put not much credit into anything he says. I was quickly looking at his website and came up with many other fallacies in his reasoning, but those would be off topic and not proper to mention here (specifically his investigation of the differences in the Apollo 16 LEM in orbit and on the Moon).

5. My next point is not mentioned in the "Jumping Salute 1" or 'Jumping Salute 2" investigations by Jack White, but concerns the "flap" on the astronaut's backpack. It seems to me that the flap is very visible in the video of the salute; however since the flap is on the "front top" of the backpack, the "back top" of the pack is obscuring the view of the flap in the video. The video camera is not set very high off the ground, so the flap is hard to see from the back. To get a good view of the flap from the back, the camera would need to be set at a point equal to or a little higher than the head of the astronaut.

[edit on 2/9/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

join