It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human nature and The Forbidden Experiment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I believe there is enough evidence from really seriously neglected children to know the answer to this experiment.

Some things are instinctive, other things learned through imitation and life experience.

A really young child is just not even capable of survival without a mother to feed and protect it.
Without other adult humans around, it would surely die from any number of causes at a very early age, so what would be the point ?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
I believe there is enough evidence from really seriously neglected children to know the answer to this experiment.

But how? Seriously neglected generally means negativity in their isolation. As an example Genie was beaten as a child when she would speak. The have been tainted. The hard part is conducting this experiment... like any other experiment... contaminate free.

Originally posted by Silver Shadow
Some things are instinctive, other things learned through imitation and life experience.

But which is which? That's the point.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I found this picture and found it so relevant i HAD to post it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32337100063d.jpg[/atsimg]
Original Source

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
No please. Not to humans, let alone innocent children. While we quest for knowledge, it must NEVER be at the expense of another fellow human. Such knowledge may be enlightening, but if it must come from the suffering of another human, then morality and ethics must stop this.

By conducting such experiments, or even authorising it, has already given us all the results and answers to that specified quest - those who support or conduct such experiments are beasts, and civilisation had failed to tame mankind for evolution.....

No. Please stop. There are other ways, once our computer science and neuroscience comprehension grows, through ethical means, slow but will be without taint. We will eventually get there. We must not destroy or harm the precious gift of life.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Just remember... this is Skunk Works. A simple "Whatif?" or purely hypothetical idea. We need to begin looking at what things we can already come up with that shows who humanity really is.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

You can say whatever you want. It is the idea of the experiment that would utterly fascinate me. I would be absolutely intrigued to see how humans react naturally.

Well, to be technical, you wouldnt be seeing how humans react "naturally." Humans are raised by parents, "naturally." What you would be seeing would never happen in nature. Babies without parents would die in nature.

What you want to see is what is "instinctual" vs "learned" and we have some indication of that from unfortunate children raised in extreme conditions.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I submit to you that your experiment would not yield what you wish. Why? Assuming we could keep them alive, the humans would exhibit the exact same characteristics of the poor monkey's Harlow experimented on in the 50's. I remember this from one in a series of traumatizing videos shown in grade school of animals being blandly tortured and mutilated in the name of science. I will remember the look of emotional desperation on these young monkey's as they clung to a wire "mom" until the day I die.

en.wikipedia.org...

Face it, we're animals. And that's really ok. We have very similar emotional responses and base brain structures. The differences lie in our frontal cortex where complex reasoning resides. My personal view is the thing that separates us from animals is an awareness of our own death from a fairly early age, which has profound effects on how we chose to spend the time we have. Some of the greatest literature, art, architecture, etc, was made simply so that the person in question would "live on" in memory.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

Originally posted by yankeerose
I would like to think that being "human" would mean not experimenting on innocent children. If the children are unwanted... being "human" would mean taking them in and raising them as you own.

Is taking a child and bringing them up as you see fit more natural than letting nature take its course?

The natural way the human species has evolved is with the childs parents raising them. Some parents are better than others and within society there are many other guardians that step in at times to assist with the raising of the next generation.

When looking into reports of the alien / human hybridization program it does support the findings presented by others on this thread, the baby dies without human contact.

There have also been many experiments on sensory deprivation which can introduce quite sudden and long term psychological trauma. How the prisoners going to gitmo bay had to wear blindfolds, earmuffs and gloves is one example of this.

I can understand the desire to define the difference between nature and nurture or DNA and environment with how an individual grows. I do support your search for answers, I just hope that there is not more problems than solutions along the way.
edit on 19-3-2012 by kwakakev because: replaced 'at the end of it' with 'along the way'.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join