It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where in Missouri to hide out during Situation X?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am in the middle of the State of Missouri in a large town 120,000+. I was wondering if Martial Law was initiated due to some false flag or some form of "attack" etc... etc... And one was going to try to avoid being packed up and shipped off to FEMA camps. Where in Missouri would be a good spot to "hid out" for some time, maybe a month or longer? Would Irish Wilderness, Paddy Creek Wilderness, or Bell Mountain Wilderness etc.. be any good at all?

Anyone who has actually been there either hiking or hunting, comments would be much appreciated on whether or not it would be a reasonable spot to BugOut? Or would driving up to Minnesota/Canadian Border and camp out near the great lakes or a small lake? Bear in mind I/we might not have much time to leave, before the military shuts down the roads etc...

Thanks,

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I haven't been through Missouri in a long time.

You could try, www.wilderness.net...

Then take a weekend and drive around and scout the areas closest to the farthest from your home.

Click on the names in the green areas and it will give you a breif description. Hope it helps.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If you are referring to "bugging out", you might want to reconsider, or at least do a trial run with camping out for a week with what you are planning to "bug out" with. This would probably exclude most types of battery powered devices, camp fuel etc. Just what you can carry in your planned "bugging out" vehicle, bag or whatever.

Then when you are done with that, you can better decide how to proceed.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
All good ideas, thanks for the suggestions and links. I will try to scout out a few of the areas before anything occurs. I like the idea about trying out my stuff for a week or more just so I can practice and see whether or not I need something else or if I don't need something I have.

Thanks,

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The state of Missouri has many Caves. Some people have caves on their property, others have one nearby. Most are known, some are forgotten.

DocMoreau

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Bug out to Arkansas. What can I say, I live here and I'm partial to the state. We still have huge swathes of wilderness and just as Minnesota is known as the land to 10,000 lakes, Arkansas is known as the land of 10,000 caves.

But like I said, I'm partial.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm in SE Missouri. Seems like the hills around Piedmont/Mill Spring/Anapolis would be a good place to hide out.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Send me a U2U with where you are at and I can offer some advice. I am currently in Jefferson City and no central Missouri pretty well.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Solliz

I am in Columbia, MO... and I agree that a cave would be a great spot to hid out in especially if it was close to some water. The only thing now is to find some cave in a wilderness area and memorize a way to reach it with in a day or less. I need to develop a contingency plan or something. If I find a cave that I feel adequate does anybody think I should hid some supplies there? Maybe some extra food and some supplies... Oh and in response to the guy who suggested that battery powered items not working due to the fact one can't carry enough batteries to last very long. I have crank powered flashlights and radios which work quite well. I am also saving up for roll up solar sheets to power my notebook and other equipment that I own.

Thanks for the suggestions guys... great ideas!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I can't U2U yet since I haven't posted 20 times, so sorry Solliz. I really appreciate the exact directions to the location. Myself and a group of friends will definitely go check it out some weekend. Thanks again!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
www.missouricaves.com...

Could be of some help in your search.

apc

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I'm in KCMO and have also considered this. Where to go depends on the situation. If it's worst case scenario with nukes and whatnot, head north. Get away from the silos to your South and out from downwind of Whiteman's AFB.

Any other situation that calls for bugging-out I would just head into the Ozarks or on down into Arkansas if you have enough fuel.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by apc]

top topics

join