It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask Skeptic Overlord

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
PLEASE REVIEW ALL POSTS TO BE SURE THAT YOUR QUESTION HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED! Thanks.

We are going to try something that might be kinda fun for the weekly SkepticOverlord Show with CEO Bill Irvine. Depending on the time allowed on a show, if time permits, we are going to ask Bill a question or two from the members. Here is your chance to go straight to the TOP and hear your question and ATS Member Name mentioned ON AIR.

The parameters are simple. It MUST be within the guidelines of the T & C. It can be about the site or an opinion about a subject topic, thread or post.

THIS IS NOT TO BE A PLATFORM FOR BITCHES AND GRIPES

If your question is selected and read on the air, you will be AWARDED 500 APPLAUSE POINTS. If you really come up with something unique and intelligent, points will be awarded accordingly.

REMEMBER.... it MUST be within the parameters of the T & C! This will be a Mod Squad reviewed thread.

Let's Hear You!

Dave

Some have shared an interest in knowing where they can go to hear this particular show and others from ATSMIX past, with that, please click the link below and bookmark it for future listening enjoyment;

Click here to go to the ATSMIX Shows area. Downloads and streams available.

PLEASE REVIEW ALL POSTS TO BE SURE THAT YOUR QUESTION HAS NOT ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED! Thanks.

[edit on 5/28/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Skeptic Ignored

how often does the big guy clean those tights?

[edit on 2/10/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Skeptic Answered - ATS MIX Show 63

With all the crap and complaints and stuff I'd imagine you have to deal with, do you ever wake up and go "Damn, have to do this ATS stuff again" and not feel like doing it anymore? Or is it always "All right, ATS"

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Just first want to say thanks for you letting us be a part of this wonderfull site. My question would have to be, did you ever think this site would increase in size the way it is now ?.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Lately I have noticed ATS go from a static forum, which to me means that all the issues have been raised and nothing more left to do than argue back and forth about it, to a more media geared site, with a forum attached.

Does ATS have planes to get behind some of the issues that have been raised here? Will it always keep a bipartisan position?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Skeptic Ignored

Where's my damn paycheck?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'd ask the big guy if his old lady has set down any ground rules around the house like "No talking about server capacity or partitions at the dinner table!"?

Personally, when SO talks tech I feel like Paris Hilton at a MENSA meeting.

Peace

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

(EDIT: Ooops. Forgot to actually put a question in here)

Will ATS be opening its doors to video-podcasting any time soon, and if so, when?

[edit on 2/8/2008 by thelibra]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Given the advances in membership, visitors and demonstrated advertising revenue and the proposals of expanding ATS MIX into terrestrial (and maybe satellite) radio syndication. Do you see a possibility of a creation of a ATS television channel with complete 24/7 or repeated 12/7 programming content if the financial backing were there in the future?

By that I mean shows such as Sit-Coms with subtle conspiracy theories and subjects thrown in with the intent becoming intelligent water cooler conversation as well as less esoteric shows like documentaries, alternative news and made for tv movies. And yes, as you already suspect I could indeed pitch you an idea or two for "subtile normal" programming.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Have you ever in the back of your mind had the feeling or impression that ATS is in a way being monitored ore used by some Intelligence Agency in the name of National Security?
Used in the way of debunking answers of members in certain sensitive threads, or make replies added with disinformation.

[edit on 8/2/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

What would be SkepticOverlord's view on putting ATS at the centre of a worldwide UFO database/Association... a suggestion I made in this thread in Skunkworks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does he think it's a non-starter?... or a future possibility?

I'd be really interested to know his thoughts on the idea.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Apart from the normal methods of advertising, what's being done to bring more people to ATS?

Yes, we can tell our friends, but we've all only got so many friends and most of mine think I'm from another planet anyway.

What could be done to really grab peoples attention?

Wearing the t-shirts and hats is ok, but exactly how many people visit a web site they've briefly seen on a t-shirt?

Could the sharing of the members research and discussions with related 'outside' bodies and groups make an influence to our numbers?

Would active sharing of information be a step forward?
I see some very well thought out threads with very good info and some take a slightly different approach from what others have and reveal more with this approach. Great works seem to often go into the depths of the 'forgotten thread' bin.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What is your opinion on time travel and the US having a lunar base?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

SO, have you ever had a strange experience? What is your personal opinion on the whole UFO/Alien conspiracy?

[edit on 2/17/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Skeptic Answered - ATS MIX Show 65

Do you like my avatar? =P

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The only question I would pose is this...

You created a site to bring all sorts of people to discuss all kinds of conspiracies, but do you (personally) believe in any of them? And if you do, which ones? Excluding the obvious ones like, "the government is waging war to get oil", or "the governments want to deplete the world of natural resources", etc.

more like the ones no-one can provide any (REAL) proof of... but YOU have a certain belief in it

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

What would be the "perfect" ATS, if given unlimited resources? A social networking site? A complete media outlet with newspapers and tv shows? Documentaries?

I mean, I'm sure all of these things would be favorable, but what would be the ultimate goal, aside from just a really kickass and active forum?

Also, I have read a few rumors about an ATS book (!?) - if/when that occurs, are there plans to try and promote it via MSM (e.g. setting up interviews with Alex Jones, Stephen Colbert, Democracy Now!, etc.)

[edit on 8-2-2008 by scientist]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Will it be possible in the near future that ATS could actually have its own channel like the Discovery channel and be able to do shows covering some of the great topics we have here and broadcast to the wider public?

Wolfie

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Two questions for SO:
1) With regards to this unusually professional and tightly run website (ATS)
, will there be a book-version forthcoming;

2) If so, may I submit artwork for consideration for said would-be-great-if-there-really-is-a-forthcoming book (I'm especially crazy about cover design
) ?

Thanks for true quality on the Internet!!

-OTC

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Why are complaints, suggestions, and disputes handled behind closed doors? And why are threads constantly locked without any open consultation denying further possible member discussions, exactly at a time when we are all trying to push the mainstream for more transparency? I support the ATS site and general philosophy, but this aspect has been becoming more and more prevalent.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join