It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rat king=might be strangest thing i have ever seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

wtf is up with that....apparently sometimes rats get their tails tangled up and they wind up moving about as one unit....

en.wikipedia.org...

Rat kings are cryptozoological phenomena said to arise when a number of rats become intertwined at their tails, which become stuck together with blood, dirt, and excrement. The animals consequently grow together while joined at the tails, which are often broken. The phenomenon is particularly associated with Germany, where the majority of instances have been reported.

insanity

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That is SCARY!

Sorry got nothing else to say!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sounds like a D&D monster!

Weird stuff

To be fair though it says they may all be hoaxes.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Boon?

That has got to be one of the most grotesque things I've seen in ages!!! lolololol

At first, I thought it was some weird conglomerate of 'deep-fried', back street asian dish....then on closer inspection....oh Goddddd....

I was reading the wiki linky and there has been a few 'mummified' cases in existance. Apparently, people have yet to find the live version.

Can you imagine all the screeching and howling going on when all the rats want to go in different directions?

A few of the bigger brutes will end up just dragging the whole lot around; the rest have no choice but to go along for the ride.

That's too fantastic - in a hillarious and morbid way!!!!

ALL ABOARD....THE RAT MOBILE!!!!

~Ducky~

[edit on 8-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Don't fall for it. Rats are not prone to this type of behavior. The only way that would happen is if someone had access to many dead rats and bunched them together as a hoax.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Even if such a thing could happen, I'm not sure how it could be called a cryptozoological phenomenon, anymore than a person with dreadlocks could be called a biological phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TEMELUCHUS

Note wiki calls it a 'cryptozoological' phenomena. That means unsubstantiated.

The part that makes no sense is them 'growing together'. I've read of 'snake balls' but they don't get 'stuck' or grow together.

Interesting, if yuckky.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Dude you found my Rat Biscuit!

I've been looking everywhere for that!

I think rats are a little to smart for that.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrDead

It does, hahaha.

This is kind of sad though if it is real.

I wonder if it is possible to attach a huge mass of people together by the limbs or even torso etc. Now that would be a D&D monster... It would be the leader of the rats... hmm...

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

That is so freakin' cool!!!
It's like an evil Pokemon!
I want one!!!

top topics

join