It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pretty cool ghost footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So maybe someone already posted this stuff and if so I apologize, I did a search for saremy127 and nothing came up....... and here we go:

saremy127 is on metacafe.com and has a channel of her own, she apparently has been filming strange happenings at her pantry door at 12:34 am. The door would spring open and there were faces.

Now since there is money involved on metacafe, that to me rings bells of hoax because these videos have earned a pretty piece of change for her, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought of them. I wish that people were more honest because I'd like to believe her, but why is it like getting blood from a stone sometimes with proof, but here we have a ton of proof and I think it's a hoax because it's too good. Well what can you do? Here's the vids, judge for yourselves.

Saremy127 video channel on metacafe with her vids

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
heh... I'd like to say fake / cgi all that because it could be xP
Dunno how to explain that except if they are so lucky to have old hidden doors and coridors in that house.

Creepy though, I would freak out if I had experienced that in my own house.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i'm no expert but it does look cool... wish i could tell if it's real or not..

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I say fake, first on the 3rd vid, I thought the description was interesting because they wrote they decide to film the door. At low and behold its there, If the camera was set up for a period of time I could believe it a little more, but what luck on the timing. The filmers hand reaching into the pantry while filming it seemed odd alos, as if trying to prove nothings there.
Also the second guy says "what the......" on I believe the second one, it just sounded like a fake reaction me. Why was the pantry empty in the first video but full of food in the others?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I say fake also. All it looked like to me was something white hanging in the closet.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
In the 3rd video of my first post there, can any one tell if there's any video editing at around 54 seconds where the figure appears in the glass. It looks as if it comes from the right hand side of the pantry, almost, then fades out. Either if it's edited to make it look like the ghost appears on the glass, or if there's a video cut, where a person can run behind the glass, then go away. Because they open up the pantry and it looks pretty enclosed.

It's strange, because well the videos have made her about 600 dollars on metacafe, but over a year, it's not really all that much to justify hoaxing it for the money. I'm sure all hoaxers have their reasons, but she seems like she's not really in it for the limelight, otherwise wouldn't this video be crossposted everywhere, and we'd have seen it on ATS before now? Just think how quick that Haiti UFO video hoax popped up here.

That's not to say ATS is the be all and end all, but the interesting stuff usually does wind up here, and as far as I could tell, it hadn't been posted here yet.

Thanks everyone else for their thoughts.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's very hard to tell in these YouTube posted videos. I work in the VFX industry, and I can tell you that it very possible to create effects such as these, all it involves is a little plate tracking etc... Once you encode the videos for YouTube, it can hide some of the seams.

Also, that thing hanging in the closet befor the apparition, is glass etching.

But, we probably won't ever know how authentic these videos are. If they are infact 'fakes' they are done extremely well and are a credit to the creator.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by KeeFX]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ive done graphics and video editing for years, these are 100% fake

link   
ive done graphics and video editing for years, these are 100% fake

link   
Thanks for the insight KeeFX

Its kind of a double edged sword, flv files are nice and small, but they're crappy quality - good enough to get the message across.

Maybe I can try and join one of those sites and ask her to post up some original footage that we can bring back here to analyze if anyone is up for it?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I tend to agree with you, but I like to lose myself in a mystery also

I wish them to be real, I really do.

It is my gut feeling they're fake, but there's the videos and what can we do other than try to get a better quality video file and tear it up from there.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hmm. I doubt the original video poster would be willing to post high res videos. But as we know it is extremely rare and generally unheard of to get ghosts etc, to appear so obviously on video. I'd vouch to say almost every 'ghost' video on YouTube would be fake.

Keep us posted on any updates MrDead, and props for finding the videos in the first place!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My gut feeling agrees that it is most likely fake, in the vids the 'ghost' seems to act in exactly the same way, at the same intervals, which to me seems to make it far less credible.

If tv shows like Most Haunted have been trying for years with 'proffesionals' to get this kind of footage, then I seriously doubt one person and a pantry will really get irrefutable proof.

Mind you, if it's an effect, then it is VERY well done in my opinion, to get that kind of image to move like that and to add in sound ( I think when this entity bangs on the door there is actually a sound) on a home video is surely extremely difficult with any old software....simply because the movements look very realistic to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
the effect is good, but the reactions don't seem to fit with the situations - especially in #3. the "apparition" shows up and all we hear from the cameraman is a relatively calm "what the hell was that?" i think if something like that had actually happened we'd hear some expletives and he'd be running away.

fun to watch, but i don't buy it.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hi there

That was quite an interesting video, but as it has been said before looks to good to be true, after the person has oppened the pantry door if you look at the bottom on the floor it looks like the floor has been cut up in a certain way. Does anyone else notice this.

top topics

join