It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for advice on books about dragons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This forum was the closest I could come I think, since there is no conspiracy in it and the things I want to know relates to old asian myths or philosophy.

I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend specific books about dragons in the history of Asian mythology?
Or websites that have a deeper knowledge base on this subject?

What springs to my mind first is something I read a little about a long time ago, which was about dragons being guides / protectors for people etc.
If the books contain talk about the philosophy of buddhism in relation to the dragon lore that is also welcome

Thanks in advance

Ps. At this point I´m not particularly interested in the european dragon lore except if it discusses the transition from the Asian myths.

[edit on 8/2/08 by flice]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I do have a book at home which I recently purchased about dragon guides / protectors and connecting with their spiritual energy, but I think it is more in relation to european dragons than asian dragons (I am not sure since I have not had a chance to read it yet myself). I am at work at the moment so, if you are interested, when I go home I can give you the name and auther of the book so you may look up a copy for your self.

- Kpentia

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I know you weren't talking about European dragons (although there could probably be some debate as to the origins of this dragon tale), but I hope you don't mind too much if I pick up on this thread, because it reminded me of something that I always wondered about: St George

Did he really slay a dragon? Or was it an alligator, perhaps (living in water- seems plausible). Or perhaps some sort of dinosaur?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I know it is a day later but I can give you title of that book now. (tired when I got home)

Book: Dancing with Dragons
Author: D.J.Conway
Publisher: Llewellyn

I'm sure if you Google the book, you can get a description for it online. I hope this helps you

Regarding St George; Any medieval image I have seen of that tale always depict a pretty small dragon. It could be a large reptile (like the Kimono Dragon) that they drove to extinction in there area.

Or its a baby dragon in which case... shame on you St. George! :bash:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I could afford you some information about asian dragon(exactly to say,about chinese dragon).

Chinese regard dragon as a lucky,virtuous animal which protects them from danger and devil.some kind of dragon could bring rains,when they open their mouth,plenty of water drops.So the ancient chinese appreciate the dragon because it could bring them harvest.So to speak, dragon is just like an angel for them.

It is cool to get a chinese dragon as a pet,and there would be no drought in the world due to its special skill.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by nanoha]

top topics

join