It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Photo Art Manipulation - by Im a Marty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Thought I'd start a thread to post some of the images I've done with photo manipulation that aren't 'Avatars'. Most of the photos' are stock standard, I just did some editing to make it look more interesting.

Tatoo

Man drowning in river.

Thats all for now

Thx

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Im a Marty]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Are you sure you've had no schooling!? You have some real skill man, a quick learner me thinks!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I did Art in Highschool - and photography, but I played with Photoshop since version 4.x.

I learned how to do those images today - i had no idea how I could imprint a proper tatoo (as you can see with the other ones i've tried). Doing yours now by the way

Thx

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Here you go

Was trying different effects - if you don't like it, let me know

Thx

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ATS owns my face! You did a killer job on that man! Keep on rocking!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
That's really good! I like it.

How long does it take to do something like this? Must have taken a lot of practice.

Edit: Did you make your avatar too?

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
That's really good! I like it.

How long does it take to do something like this? Must have taken a lot of practice.

Edit: Did you make your avatar too?

[edit on 8/2/2008 by Nyorai]

Took about 1/2 hour to make each one

Yes I did make the avatar too

Thx

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Did a full version for Extraliens' Avatar... Shrunk it down after

Thx

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
For the Red Dwarf fans

Thx

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Hello, Marty you are very talented. You should expand your talent, please check out these sites . You may be able to offer your talent in a wider arena. Here they are: www.wincustomize.com/ next is www.daz3d.com/ I hope you really check these sites out, they really offer someone like you a way to expand their art.

If this is not your thing then I wish you the best. I know talent when I see it. You sir have a lot of promise, don't waste it, for nothing!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TEMELUCHUS

Hello, Marty you are very talented. You should expand your talent, please check out these sites . You may be able to offer your talent in a wider arena. Here they are: www.wincustomize.com/ next is www.daz3d.com/ I hope you really check these sites out, they really offer someone like you a way to expand their art.

If this is not your thing then I wish you the best. I know talent when I see it. You sir have a lot of promise, don't waste it, for nothing!

Oh sweet!!! Thanks heaps for that, *in love* with those websites! Going to read up on them.

Excellent - Winamp Skins, and that Daz 3D rocks! Thanks for the heads up!

Thx

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Listen Marty, I didn't take the time to look at some of your art on this site, I apologize for that. Now that I have you should know that talent like yours is an art that is respected by studios throughout the globe.
Please don't think that your not good enough to expand your horizons. Young artists like yourself sometimes sell their talent short by thinking that for some reason they are not good enough for mainstream. You are. Go for it Marty, you might be surprised at what opportunities are out there.

[edit on 2/8/08 by TEMELUCHUS]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I feel a bit overwhelmed there Temeluchus, your post is inspiring, and you're right about the self esteem issues.

The only thing that I really have going for me at the moment is not the quality of the work, but the fact that I love doing it so much. At the moment for what you're suggesting about a career in this field, seems like its a goal that is too far to reach. In my mind - a few 'clicks' here and there does "so much" manipulation that it feels I didn't do anything at all. The software does 90% of the work. I would feel better about it if I actually "took" those photos, or if I used 3D software to create planet scenery. Or I actually drew/painted the figures that I used in the Avatars - not just editing existing ones.

I tried to enroll into SAE Institute in Perth to do a 12 month 3D Animation course. The course was AU$20,000. Too far out of my budget as I'm on a disability pension.

So I am starting to try out DAZ 3D - what I headache
, I made a white sphere! *yay* . By the time I figure out the controls, I'm well on my way for retirement

I hope you see where I'm coming from... On another note, I saw a Clairvoyant a while ago (I know - silly me eh). She said I will be very wealthy as I make lots of $$ doing graphics/animations. At the time I thought she was reading the person behind me hehe. Well I hope things turn out that way!

Thanks again, much appreciated

Thx

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Listen Marty, I understand completely. Please my friend , whatever your physical limitations are is nothing compared to the inspiring art that you are able to produce. It is by far the best I have seen in a very long time. People like you Marty are one in a billion. You have an imagination that is far beyond creative. Use your skills Marty.

I do not think that a course in 3D art is going to do anything except make the teacher look like an amateur. Refine your skills Marty, send your art to anyone who will look at it. It is amazing Marty. You do not need to learn from someone who does not have what you certainly have, "Vision" Please, I have not in a long time seen anyone as talented as you. You have a definitive creative mind that professionals around the world would give their life for.
Marty, I hope in some way I have given you a little kick where you need it. Believe in yourself, believe in your art, you Marty will never regret it.

[edit on 2/9/08 by TEMELUCHUS]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the kind words hey, I really appreciate what you're saying, its shed some new light onto a more desirable future. I have a lot to think about - thanks again.

I just finished another image, perhaps the process of what I made shows (More creative rather than editing in this one).

This is the original image... Star Trek Comm Badge.

I edited it, and made this.

Gradient background - using plugins/filters for the crumple effect. Alien Skin Chrome for the Gold and Silver (Different settings) and Alien Skin Brushed Metal for the Star Trek text.

There is also emboss, inner shadows, and outer bevels used.

Thx

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

hi, i was wondering if i could have the background image in that red dwarf thing, i really like it...

oh and, where do you get those awesome pictures?!

Roswell.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1

hi, i was wondering if i could have the background image in that red dwarf thing, i really like it...

oh and, where do you get those awesome pictures?!

Roswell.

Sure - here is the image, Violet Planet

Most of the art I get from Deviant Art.

Thx

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Excellent, love the mirror effect of the badge. Gonna keep an eye on your projects. Keep up the great work!

[edit on 2/9/08 by TEMELUCHUS]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Something I just remembered. Are you familiar with Gimp. It's free. I'm not sure if this would be a help to you but I thought I would pass it on. Here ya go. www.gimp.org/

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TEMELUCHUS
Something I just remembered. Are you familiar with Gimp. It's free. I'm not sure if this would be a help to you but I thought I would pass it on. Here ya go. www.gimp.org/

Hey there! I read about it on the other thread (ATS Avatar tutorial). Someone mentioned it for it being free or something! I haven't heard of it before then, will have to check it out

Thanks for the heads up

Thx

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join