It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Californian Man Gets Tasered While Riding Bike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
www.policelink.com...
www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2008/01/29/state/n120200S92.DTL

I heard about this on my local raido, sounds irrational to me. Tasering someone on a moving bike because they were not wearing enough reflective clothing? Seriously, just drive right beside them and tell them to fing pulloverr, can't be that hard. The police claimed that he saved the man's life, but we probably would think that the police could have severely injured him by stunning someone on a moving bike.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

This is why he got tased:

www.policelink.com...

After repeated attempts, Glenn County sheriff’s deputy Cale Smith said he finally got the attention of the rider on Sierra Street, who jumped from the bike and began running....

After a half-block chase and several warnings from Smith that he would use the Taser, he did.

The cop didnt tase him while riding his bike. The biker fled from the cop...then he resisted arrest.

He was then charged with:

resisting arrest, riding a bicycle without proper lighting, riding under the influence of alcohol and use of false citizenship/government documents.

Guess the biker should have just stopped and not ran from the police....and not be riding intoxicated...and not carrying false citizenship/gov documents.

You might want to change your title. It is inaccurate. The biker got tased while running from the police after numerous times told to stop or he would be tased.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Guess like they say, theres always two sides to a story, and in this case, i give the nod to law enforcement and saying they did a good job. Mightve been extreme (shuoldve just kicked the guy or something, lol) but i guess there wasnt an alternative.

If GreenEyedLeo didnt provide us with the specifics, i wouldve just went off bashing them (law enfor.) without really knowing what happend. Dissapointed in myself, heh.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's what they say. Can't trust them anymore, I mean seriously, what are the chances of a man riding a bike during the middle of the night with a fake citizenship ID and being caught by the police and tasered? That citizenship part is made up I would say.

[edit on 2/7/2008 by die_another_day]

new topics

top topics

join