It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Gov. easeDropping on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why is it the Goverement keeps such a close eye on ATS, it's members and activites. Are they putting unreasonable blogs out to catch new people for their data-base?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I believe the term is 'eavesdropping'.

Also, I would like to know where exactly you get your information from.

I don't know of any such thing as 'the gov't keeping a close eye on us'.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I've known people over the years, I'am not at liberity to say whome but the gov. listens & eavesdropps on everything,phone calls, the net , radio transmissions, they have huge computers that do nothing but check out a series of words & phrases, Think about it what would be a better place to check things out than here.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by barmshadow84

I think your referring to ECHELON a joint initiative by the American Canadian New Zealand Australian and UK to gather intelligence over different communication mediums. I wouldn't say this is used to target ATS specifically as you suggest but the major communication mediums as a whole.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I've nothing to hide. I've no proof the government is doing any such thing, but if they are I welcome them to it.

I believe our government is doing the best they can to rule, please keep in mind they are humans and need to work on the rules of perspective based understandings, and I don't believe in some "great evil" governmental force.

Did you ever think your govenment might require a little help every now and again. Perhaps they have questions that they can not get answer to but to view a website like this.

Let's just say that the governments wanted to check into 2012 phenomenon. Sure they could get a research program, but what would that really provide? maybe some of the best researchers on such taboo topics are right here. maybe the government can secretly examine such things.

Maybe you're just being paranoid and they are not here at all. I know those that think the government is some great evil force (NWO) really are being paranoid and scared little monkeys. I think those people should go hide in the caves where they belong.

Lead
follow
or move out of the way!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Terrorists might use multiple sites, such as this one, to pass information. It might be they are more concerned about where they originate from also. Maybe they also use on line dating services to coordinate drop offs etc.
The internet might also be used by their own agents as well. Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

With cables being cut, they fail to seek the information on internet now!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

why are they interested in ats... because they want to make sure we don't all put 2 and 2 together and make 4...

or possibly they want us to put 2 and 2 together and make 5 and call it 4.

who knows for sure, but its in the interests of national (everybody's nation!) security to make sure someone who has worked something out doesn't go blabbing about it - it why we have things like the official secrets act!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Maybe you're just being paranoid and they are not here at all. I know those that think the government is some great evil force (NWO) really are being paranoid and scared little monkeys. I think those people should go hide in the caves where they belong.

It's not "the government" that is NWO.

The majority of people in "the government" as we know it are patsies themselves and have no clue what's going on.

The NWO is the elite few at the very, very top, and it is only quasi-governmental.

It is important to understand - MANY in "the government" would be on our side, on the side of peace, truth and freedom etc, IF they knew the truth about NWO!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Don't get me wrong. You I like alot. I'm not calling you retarded, however that statement was the more retarded thing I'd ever heard in a long long time. So what it is you're trying to pass off to me is that our very own governmental body doesn't know that this NWO exists, or they would do something against it.

Foolishness!!!

Parranoia and foolishness.

Blaming the world's problems on a fake, nonexistance, "NWO" is just a coop-out.

Hey, I'm not saying the world's ready for the utopian society I'd love to see, however...

The NWO is only Your Minds playing tricks on you to keep you from doing the worthwhile work on yourselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

Don't get me wrong. You I like alot. I'm not calling you retarded, however that statement was the more retarded thing I'd ever heard in a long long time.

Actually, yeah, that IS calling me retarded.

More retarded than posing as the Archangel Michael though? Hmmm, I dunno....

So what it is you're trying to pass off to me is that our very own governmental body doesn't know that this NWO exists, or they would do something against it.

Well, some do and some don't. More do these days, thanks to the work of Aaron Russo, Alex Jones etc.

Foolishness!!!

Parranoia and foolishness.

More namecalling?

That's the best you can come up with to refute the existence of the NWO, as Bush Sr. referred to it.... or the MIC, as Eisenhower referred to it.... or the shadow government, as Senator Inouye referred to it.... or the "monolithic conspiracy" that the world is opposed by, that JFK referred to.....?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

are you talking about the "Carnivore Project" and stuff like that? This project has morphed into yet another incarnation to monitor activities on the internet.

Nothing to be paranoid about though, the Gov can pick you up for anything now under the patriot act anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Barmshadow84,

I see you're fairly new to ATS, so let me first welcome you.

But with that said, it should be noted that this subject has been done multiple times before. A simple search and about 3 minutes of surfing to verify their relevancy got me the following list of threads. May I suggest that you read them first and then, if you find that some aspect of your concerns were not addressed previously, you start a thread on that specific aspect?

Regards,

-Cypher

Probably one of the most important threads on this subject:
Abovetopsecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

ATS: Infiltrated?

Does the government monitor these boards?

I have a really bad feeling about ATS

and,

We are being monitored here in ATS

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Government like to keep a wee check on the "NUTTERS" that can blow the lid on their business. Wouldn't you want to know if some people out there where onto you, if you where up to no good? And I think the fact that some people come here with pretty amazing claims of working in departments with the governement/military, with quite amazing claims of what they are up to would be good grounds for that. Don't you?

new topics

top topics

join