It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The U.S. is a Business"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Watching one of the debates, some genius wrote in asking Hillary and Barack why he should vote for them and not Romney. Tell me if anyone else saw this. Anyway, the guy basically said that the U.S. is a business and needs someone who can run a business.

Barack Obama had a brilliant response with "Well Romney hasn't gotten a very good ROI." Hillarious.

Anyway, didn't good ol' W say the same thing? That he would run the U.S. as a business?

Did anyone else see this ridiculous question that was asked? Talk about a failing educational system. Does anyone else feel this way?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ok, so I was the only one who saw this I'm guessing?

No opinions?

Surely would have thought this question upset more people than myself that someone would actually think this way.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'd take it a step further and say the US is big business. Try seperating big business from the US Government, good luck. The two are attached at the hip. That's why big business can do whatever they want to do, i.e.. hire illegals, disobey tax laws, receive subsidies when their smaller competitors do not.

What I find to be difficult is trying to figure out who leads who. I believe big business leads big government most of the time and it provides for the reasoning/motives of big goverments actions. On occasion of course roles are reversed and big government leads big business but I think this happens much more rarely.

Just remember if you are going to vote in '08 regardless of who you have voted for big business and big government have already won. All of the remaining candidates still in the race kneel down to big business every chance they get after all that's how they get their power by serving big businesses' needs.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Low Orbit

Wow, sorry I didn't see your post earlier.

I guess the point I'm trying to make, is that yes, I suppose it seems as though you're right, but it shouldn't.

The gov't should NOT be run as a business, or friend of one. This is a huge step back for us.

new topics

top topics

join