It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much time spent on ATS????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone feels the same as me? I am relatively new to ATS and have become hooked you might say. I particularly enjoy the WIDE variety of opinions which challenge me on my preconceived ideas on many topics.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that now every day events seem to be catching my attention more and more. Some examples of my recent observations include:

The other day I saw plain old ordinary Contrails and thought immediately of Chemtrails and even made comment on another thread.

Living near an Australian Army base I can occasionally hear when they are engaging in target practice. Lately (maybe in my mind) the heavy artillery target practice seems to be a lot more frequent than normal. Day, night, during heavy storms etc… leading me to think maybe something is looming.

I have also noticed (and have even started a thread about it) extreme Weather phenomenon locally and globally, querying things like GW, HAARP and Cosmic events.

Am I becoming obsessed or is this healthy paranoia something to be encouraged and keep me on my toes?

Keep up the good work people!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. It's easy to go down rabbit holes around here. Remember the motto of ATS: Deny Ignorance. It would be foolish to get wrapped up in every conspiracy theory that pops up. As you begin your quest for knowledge, it would be wise to arm yourself with skepticism and moderation. Good luck!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
My first six months here I was on the "recent posts" button steady. Worried I'd miss something interesting. I have calmed down a bit now after 10 months of experience behind me. I know now that if its interesting enough my fellow members keep the thread active, so I can review top 20.

ATS is like a deprogramming team for cult members, only the cult is everyday life as we knew it.

Enjoy the rush.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My dad used to say there was a SUCKER born every min. & he was gonna get their money. Are U the collecter or the?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice guys.
I have already seen that it can be easy to get caught up in all the commotion. Especially since I like to look at the recent posts for ALL forums. (I have an interest in a number of topics)
My biggest fear is becoming one of the skeptical automatic naysayers who dispute any and all opinions whether they agree with it or not. I know they exist. I have seen posters disagree with one subject in one thread and make the very same argument in another. Arguing for the sake of arguing.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by barmshadow84

I guess only time will tell. I just hope it is the former and not the later.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Just stay grounded and balanced when absorbing all of the information here at ats. It is easy to get caught up in things, just draw your own conclusions and remember that life is still going on outside....enjoy it.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Am I becoming obsessed or is this healthy paranoia something to be encouraged and keep me on my toes?

I think that the rate at which ATS is growing is a sign that more people are becoming aware of a "possible veil" of ignorance that is placed over the peoples head by the media and the "powers that be". I would encourage you obsession as long as it remains a healthy one. Remember, let common sense be sheild and your guide. Truths are self-evident and will present themselves to you as such. We all have a built in BS meter that is entirely dependent on our cpacity of knowledge. I'ts kinda like a muscle, work it out and it will get stronger, and vice versa. Good luck, and from one addict to another, it can be managed.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

If you're wondering what your friends would choose as an avatar..

If you read/watch the news and check the story against 'Breaking Alternative News' links and sources..

If you know what half-a-dozen different military acronyms mean when reading weaponry/aircraft posts (..SACLOS NLOS, RCS, SPAG-BOL etc) despite never having had any previous interest in the military..

Then you're an ATS addict and in good company ...welcome!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I feel like I am on here too much but work is slow and so I as long as I take care of the house the wife stays happy and I get to ATS my arse off..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Welcome, VIKINGANT!

The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here’s a list of forum related threads:
Index of Important Website Related Threads

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on AbovePolitics. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker in case you need one: ieSpell 2.5.1 build 106

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Don’t forget to set up the “Comments” section in your profile, so folks can drop by to say, “Hi!” All it takes is a “Howdy” from you to get the ball rolling.

Oh, and visit the Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

new topics

top topics

join