It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something that really happened at edwards AFB.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't deal in what ifs, so when i found some cool pictures of some stuff going on at edwards, i had to share them...

www.enginehistory.org/P&W/p&w_j58.htm

(apologies for non clickable URL. please copy and paste it, the ATS board software truncates the URL because it doesn't understand the '&' character)

i can't help but think that everyone would be very disapointed if they knew what really went on at 'top secret' locations. I really think we would find a lot of clever engineers and engineering and not a lot a lot else...

[edit on 7/2/08 by rat256]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I made PC wallpaper from the J58 engine guts. It's a 6Mbyte download
www.lazygranch.com...
I have a few blackbird shots here:
www.lazygranch.com...

One of the Groom/TTR theories is the engines tested at EDW get fitted to rather boring stock aircraft at the TTR for further testing. [Running an engine at ground level isn't the same as running at altitude.] Eventually the engines go into test aircraft at Groom Lake.

Engineering isn't boring for the engineers. ;-)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
They had to use TEB to ignite it because the JP-7 flashpoint was so high that you could put fires out with it (really happened at Kadena AB!)

They had 16 stages of afterburner in the J58 but they were only allowed to use 8 or 9 of them on take off because of noise restrictions. In the pics they have at least 13 of the 16 lit. Each of those little diamonds in the exhaust is an afterburner stage.

Great find with those pictures! Nice to see the old girls running hot one last time!

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
gariac... thanks for that pic, its cool... I currently have one on my desktop with the little after burner stages showing...

I would say that that engines tested at edwards would almost certainly get put on other aircraft, the civil aviation boys do it all the time to test stuff... for instance the engines trent 875 engines for the 777 were evaluated by sticking two of them on a 747 to make sure they had enough go! apparently ONE had enough to get the 747 in the air with the engineers and test gear aboard !

i reckon its more of 'unsubstantiated fact' than just a theory!

engineering is *not* boring for engineers... but it is boring for people who really expect to find little grey men!

Zaphod58...

thats a really insteresting fact, i didn't know about the after burner diamonds.

I found that site on my mission to try and find the source of the alledged chemtrail plane interior... which has now been traced to a boeing issued press pack not available to the general public

new topics

top topics

join