It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney exits presidential race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This came as a surprise to me.
This now leaves Ron Paul,John McCain and Huckabee left running.

(MSNBC)-WASHINGTON - John McCain effectively sealed the Republican presidential nomination on Thursday as chief rival Mitt Romney suspended his faltering campaign. "I must now stand aside, for our party and our country," Romney told conservatives.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Full story here
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It was all riding on California. Being a Romney supporter I am also saddened. He gave a hell of a speech last year at CPAC and did it again this year. Romney is smart though. Exiting was the smartest thing to do. He is setting himself and his campaign for a 2012 race. Surely, next go around he will do wonders; while in these 4 years he does another great thing, like saving the Olympics again

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Folks, it doesn't look good for America, not at all....

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's rather annoying that he dropped before I got to support him at the Washington caucases this weekend.

I'm not a big fan of John McCain, but he's orders of magnitude better than Hillary Clinton, or Barak Obama. It's a matter of holding one's nose, and choosing the one who'll do less harm, I suppose. Though perhaps someone'll come up with an independant campaign.

new topics

top topics

join