It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why is the government hellbent on denying Aliens exist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Admitting that Aliens exist would mean admitting that there is a force in control here on planet Earth with technology far superior to ours, thus undermining our government's control. (All governments.)

People follow laws not for morals reasons but because they fear repercussions, or in the case of our governments, incarceration. If they admit the existence of a power greater than themselves, they lose that "fear control" they have over the population.

In short: Why listen to them when, in reality, someone else is in charge.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by bkcrt]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here's an excerpt from an old interview with Jacque Vallee and Dr. Bob Hieronimus. I tend to agree with Vallee (and Hynek for that matter) that what we are think of as aliens may not be extraterrestrial at all...but extra-dimensional. And this raises the question of whether or not these "aliens" are presenting themselves accurately or are they part of a grand deception.

SourceLINK

Mod Note: Use External Quote Tags

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NGC2736
Forum Moderator

[edit on 8-2-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You also have the aspect of free energy, or better yet the technologies of which these aliens possess. If they admit aliens exist, they have to admit these technologies exist which can provide us with all the energy we want without having to pay for it. Not to mention vehicles which could go into space. With such power you can do two things. One make things that benefit people, or make things that kill people. We can't even get along with ourselves let alone with other civilizations and they know this. The question is if destroying the planet with our polluting technologies is acceptable and for how long, so long as nobody knows.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Freezer]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I think one big problem is that when people discuss aliens and UFOs, and try to determine the reasoning behind the phenomena, they tend to ascribe HUMAN reasoning, desire, logic, & motivation to what they are seeing and experiencing.

It's only natural, of course - it is, after all, our only reference point. But to determine the validity of something that's potentially alien by assigning to it human motivation is, in my opinion, a truly fundamental mistake.

It is entirely possible to build a whole skyscraper of reasoning by applying human motivation to alien actions... but all that reasoning will be as flawed as the original flawed assumption.

Applying what I've just said to the original topic... It is entirely possible that an earthly government would view ET in the same way (and see the same paranoid motivations) as they view any number of earthly 'enemies'. They may have decided that, because this perceived threat is an alien one, people will panic if they find out.... or they may decide that universal knowledge of alien technology might spoil it for those select few who benefit from us (their little economic units)... hence the secrecy.

Perhaps it's to do with a huge percentage of the planet still having a superstitious, bigoted, intolerant, and fearful outlook towards anything or anyone who might be 'different'... Hell, if we can't accept another human being because they look or behave differently, what chance would someone who's not of this earth have?

On a final note, and in reply to one or two who've commented on the unlikelyhood of an alien looking like us.... They might very well do, especially if we are descended from the same original source (It might be possible we didn't actually originate on earth), or if they were responsible (partly or wholly) for our creation. Perhaps the reason we see bipedal aliens who resemble us is the same reason they take such an interest in us... WE HAV THE SAME ORIGIN.

All speculation and opinion mind you

I love thinking aloud ...

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Dagar]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Want to know what would happen and how mankind would act if we ALL knew the truth?

How did people re-act when O.W. read War of the Worlds on the radio? That was a test, we didn't do so well.....

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
IMO - The truth about aliens being real is much bigger than just a scenario like the alien movies we see on tv and the big screen. The truth about aliens has huge implications which are hard to appreaciate without the back info.

Those of you who have read Sitchin, Lomas, etc may know what I mean. The truth is stranger than fiction!

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'm of the same mind as Dagar on this subject. We can't use ourselves as an explanation for alien behavior, concepts, or motivations, let alone whether these predominate goals.

I agree with others that claim we would be too intolerant to accept alien, or that if Alien's affected our religions we could not cope. I also agree that these things might not be entities from other planets with biological systems like our own. I also agree that they would not want people to know that their government was not the biggest honcho in the world that will actually show up and do things from time to time.

I suffice for the word alien to describe some of what people tell stories of.

Why would a government not want to admit something alien? In my opinion, it is because thousands of years of social-control technology, called Western Civilization, would be threatened. Everything about our civilization is based on a closure of Universe.
We understand the universe.
We are at the top of the food chain.
We are masters of intellect
We are the chosen creations of God?
We have authority over our domain
The universe bends to OUR will
Causality is completeness
We can 'know' the universe
God is infinite and only Good.

etc, etc.
Any of these assumptions could be wrong. What if none of these assumptions was true? Most people would only entertain denial.

What would be worse than modern materialistic nihilism? Many things. Many possible realities could be worse or less comforting than our present little fish tank.

But kids need to grow up sometime. Otherwise they end up like, well, you see those adults on TV.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xweaponx

They would know all languages, through telepathy, or thought tranference.

A Universal language we allcould understand.

They could be talking to you in their native tongue, plus yours and communicating to you through telepathy at the same time. The brain would definately be functioning at full capacity then.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The previous posts all have great points, but I think the revelation of life elsewhere is a powder keg and a can of infinite worms, but for even more profound reasons.

The government operations dealing with these issues have found other facts about the universe not just implied in their dealings with beings and alien technologies. The concepts of sentient beings in our space-time universe is just the beginning. Knowing that many dimensions exist, some so different that there is no possible way to explain or even experience without a breakdown of our conscious integration of linear human thought forms.

Some beings having been encountered can cause madness simply by experiencing their reality. Entities like moth man are protrusions into our reality, and theirs not recognizing time as linear can disrupt our personal reality so much that we loose our "frequency" and our radio dial goes rogue. People kill themselves as those gone mad to avoid the existential pain of such profound confusion. That is just one example of what we are finding that is impossible to tell to each other let alone a public.

Imagine the reality of alien beings opening a picture of the universe that is more open ended than we could assimilate. It would make religious concerns nothing in comparison. All we hold dear would change, some not for the better.

In the study of non-ordinary reality, psycopharmocology, mystical experience and such ontological realities are showing a picture of a universe that is even bigger than infinite. These Alien beings, some of them, are not only familiar with such realities, but have integrated this into their technologies and even their very being. When we see or experience these beings, we are helpless to navigate with any understanding, and can be as helpless as an Amoeba to a biochemist.

The reality that is now knowledge at the highest ranks of the secret government can no more explain this than they could explain God.

Imagine this whole reality is one of infinite stations on the dial of awareness, and with sufficient understanding and personal power you can go anywhere, out of time, out of space and into realms unthinkable in our linear awareness.

We are just beginning the journey, and some of these beings we have encountered, and many we have yet to, are not only exploring these realities but have actually integrated these realities into their whole society, technology and conscious being.

If you are feeling pissed off or scared about what I have said here, you are getting to see the first glimpse of the implications of the vast areas of knowledge we are ignorant of, but will have to face once we have full contact with another species a few million years beyond our own modest development.

Some species have either avoided such dis-integration and have developed and advanced within the current world by either altering or making serious errors in their genetic, or have locked themselves to a stable-state existence through integrating with cybernetic forms of super-biological life, as clones or other means. Are these the fallen?

Yet some species claim they have ventured beyond our reality to higher vibratory and have come back out of compassion to nurture young species to join them one day.

A hint as to this reality is the insistence by aliens in encounters with humans to advance our awareness, our consciousness and very being in order to survive. We are failing due to the Victorian-esq attitudes our religions, social philosophic and fear-based laws regarding true spiritual and mystical experience we have systematically forbid. The doors of perception have been locked or mined in our society for hundreds of years by those who would loose us as their source of power. Yet, some, throughout history if you so study, have ventured out to bring back the reality that we can experience deeper and infinitely more objective realities.

I myself, and many others now and throughout history have experienced a reality that this world, while part of the larger, is but a cartoon in comparison. This larger world is deeper, more inclusive, richer in so many ways that cannot be communicated in our primitive linear language. It can only be experienced.

These visiting species we have found can for the most part, communicate directly with each other and us through what we call telepathy. This is an inevitable trait we have but have not developed, yet some have experienced. Once this type of communication is part of our biology, we will be able to advance our understanding manifold in a fraction of the time. Imagine someone giving us a direct experience of what they have experienced. With the emotions, physical and intellectual. That is what is implied in these types of communications people have experienced with aliens and their technology.

So imagine, the individuals in true control of the game here on Earth who know of this Earth-shattering reality, and why they would suppress such evolution that threatens their hold. Killing would be an easy decision. Even billions of deaths to maintain such control and loss of power. The world’s various military and governments are but pawns.

I have not even mentioned the impact on the concepts of God. I guess I will need to write books to cover these concepts. There are many more aspects to reality we have not even been given a hint yet. Be ready for anything. Aliens will be the least of these revelations if what we find what we some of us have gleaned in our short lives.

Waking up is hard to do.

ZG

[edit on 2/8/2008 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FC_The_TruthOK
What would be the outcome if they admitted aliens are working with the U.S. government.

or Aliens created Humans.

or Aliens are humans in the future, coming back to present time (now).

Well, with expanding consciousness, this would also derive facts that the government has in their possesion some pretty cool know abouts pertaining to Other Worldy knowledge. This would dampen control, but would also permit humankind to unfold themselves.

This would also show how BIG OUR WORLD REALLY is. With this E.T. technology/consiousness you would be able to go farther then any Linear Craft could go in the solar system.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FC_The_TruthOK

"why is the government hellbent on denying Aliens exist?"

Because maybe, just maybe, the truth is very boring, and no aliens have ever visited us. consider it. I believe in the ufo phonomena, but still no proof of aliens.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Forell]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think the government is hellbent on denying Aliens exist mainly for the fact that theyre the government of everybody. Theyre not just the government of a small group youre talking the government of people who have the mental capacity of handling the realization that there of Extraterrestrial Beings exist, and people who cannot handle the realization of course.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Maybe the answer is very simple and aliens have not come here or have been in contact with our or any government.

Is there any evidence to support the suggestion that the United States government is actively covering up real UFO encounters? If so, could you post it? Thanks.

What would be the outcome if they admitted aliens are working with the U.S. government.

I believe there would be a significant population of individuals who will say it's incredible and will want more information.
Another large portion of the population will have mixed feelings of both betrayal and suspicion and some will outright panic.

There is zero genetic evidence to suggest this. Our genetic history indicates we evolved on this planet from a very basic life form to our current form.

From recently published articles, time travel is theoretically possible. That being said, I don't think the government would want to admit they are time travelers as it could change the time line.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by jfj123]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Maybe the answer is very simple and aliens have not come here or have been in contact with our or any government.

I once had a UFO contact so i'm pretty sure they are here. The UFO/Aliens are different to how they are represented in the media&films though. They aren't necesarily beings out there in the physical universe. It's much, much more complex and profound than that.

They are multi-dimensinal beings that base there existance in consciousness/awareness not physical matter so they are the total oppoestie to humans in our current state. There main concern is with consciousness be it the man on the street or the puppet in the white house.

They have advanced technology that is subjecive in nature if I can put it like that and an aspect of there consciousness. And yes they can travel through time.

The government isn't the right place to look for answers because these beings don't recognise power structures the way we do. To them it's very superficial and irrelavnt. As I said there focus and orientation is on awareness not power structures which are nothing more than manifested belief systems.

[edit on 10/2/08 by SpiralTrance]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

According to Richard Hoagland and it makes sense, its if the alien technology and their existence got out in the open, they would lose money and power over people. They got alot of crap invested into this with invading Iraq for oil and now they want to go and get Sudan as well, if we had that alien technology, the Government would lose all power in all of this and everything. They talk about Russia going to the moon yet I find it coincidental that if this is indeed true about a great flood hitting Moscow in 2009 that maybe this was U.S. controlled to keep them off the moon. But if you watch interviews and videos on youtube of Richard C. Hoagland, you can get an idea whats going on.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarentack
According to Richard Hoagland and it makes sense, its if the alien technology and their existence got out in the open, they would lose money and power over people. They got alot of crap invested into this with invading Iraq for oil and now they want to go and get Sudan as well, if we had that alien technology, the Government would lose all power in all of this and everything.

The question also has to be asked if we're responsible enough on a personal level to handle this technology? Could you imagine what the christian right/islamic extremists would do with infinite energy systems? And would everyone else use this technology in harmonious way or would we use to amplify our superficial and destructive way of life?

This technology is not used by the ETs for about 95% of the things we'd be inclined to use it for be it. For example they don't have celebrity culture, MTV, Hollywood films, football matches, fashion shows and all the other forms of escapism or idolism that plague this planet. They don't spend there time pursuing sexual lust, over-populating or giving into there lower desires.

I think we'll have this technology when we're ready and mature enough for it. But we'll never have higher galactic/universal technology to pursue lower social/plantary/egoistic ways of life.

An argument could be made that this technology could end all our problems if we had it, but personaly I think our problems aren't in physical matter but in our consciousness and we don't need advanced technology to change that.

[edit on 10/2/08 by SpiralTrance]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ZeroGhost, great post.

A possible scenario - maybe Govt admitting the existence of ET's would inevitably, in a short space of time, lead either to open contact / communication, or dissemination of already learned facts.

What if one fact were that the human soul is real and does not die with the physical body, but is reincarnated or exists in a different form.

If you knew this information and could prove it, would you allow it's release considering the current state of humankind's spiritual development ?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
ALIENS AREN'T REAL!!!!!!! The bible tells us all what we need to know and says nothing about aliens. If you want to know the truth I am kinda skeptical cause when you think about it, Why would God create such a vast universe and then put nothing in it? Then again I rely on my religion for answers and it says nothing about Extra Trrestrials so i have my mind set that aliens are merely make-believe........but thats just me.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Aliens are real and the goverment do no ...type Canadian ex ministry of defends...discloses truth

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join