Switzerland is too small for its own army

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The Swiss military has announced plans to hold all large-scale training exercises in foreign countries from 2008 onwards.

The defence ministry said in a statement that the military must limit its activities in Switzerland “out of respect for the population and the environment”.

(swiss is a neutral country...)

LAW

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Every male Swiss national has to do national service. Every home has a bunker with a cage/secure holding that is locked and holds a gun/semi automatic, supplied by the national Army. Although a small country they are organised, disiplined and prepared.

An extremely strange turn of events for a neutral, I sit the fence and no morals when it comes to money...country.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I guess america doesnt have enough room for ours either that would explain why its all over the world

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Switzerland is truly a small country and a country will limited usuable land area. Also it is heavily fortified and well prepared for warfare. I understand it that it would be one of the most difficult countries in the world to invade without using an excessive amount of force against it.

I don't know why but I always considered Switzerland to be a hugh 'corporation.'

top topics

join