It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Talks Led to Pakistan Cease-Fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Secret Talks Led to Pakistan Cease-Fire

ap.google.com

DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan (AP) — Two Pakistani officials said Thursday that their government held secret talks with Taliban fighters and tribal elders near the Afghan border before a cease-fire just announced by the militants.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Nuclear Terror Imminent?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The US seems to be gernerally opposed to this development. On Wednesday, chairman of the US Joint CHiefs of Staff, Admiral Michael Mullen, stated in a report to Congress that the next attack on the US is most likely to be carried out by those al-Qaeda operatives operating in the "under-governed" regions of Pakistan.

It seems clear to me that the elections may not go well for the US controlled dictator, and the Admiral has set the stage for US intervention.

This ceasefire is certainly a lull before the storm.

The last ceasfire was said to have only served to strengthen the opposition forces.

========================================

The additional link seems timely for the elections as well.

I have linked a thread which has gone into some discussion on the threat of expanded US invlovement in affairs of the Middle East, particularly in Pakistan.

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Yeah we have talked about this before and intervention in Pakistan is unavoidable. Once we have our troops there the stage will be set for an all out war against China and Russia. The taliban is the perfect excuse to put troops right on the border with China. That is my beliefs.

join