It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clarity sought on electronics searches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Clarity sought on electronics searches

www.washingtonpost.com

Nabila Mango, a therapist and a U.S. citizen who has lived in the country since 1965, had just flown in from Jordan last December when, she said, she was detained at customs and her cellphone was taken from her purse. Her daughter, waiting outside San Francisco International Airport, tried repeatedly to call her during the hour and a half she was questioned. But after her phone was returned, Mango saw that records of her daughter's calls had been erased.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is alarming. If users are required to hand over their passwords and other information, even encrypting your data wouldn't help as you would be required to hand those over, too. This means, that on my next trip to the US I will leave my laptop home and get a loaner from support for the duration of my stay. Even when I don't have anything to hide, I refuse to accept that my personal emails, files and other data could be randomly searched and possibly copied.
Would you like it if your confidential correspondence with friends and family members would be read? Would they like it if they would get questioned in turn? Would anyone?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well i do see your concern . But i dont much mind people reading my stuff. Maybe i need to become more romantic or something. I hate the thought of a police state but most (i would assume) of these people are just abusing there power when they cross this line .

Get creative. Before you get on a plane send yourself something you would want them to find . Set yourself up to look good and or however you want.
Bottom line and its not something i agree should have to be stuck to . But if you don't have anything to hide why worry ? So they find out you call your grandma nanna . Or your girlfriend pookikins.

I guess this don't worry me too much . There are a few places in the world (airports) where this stuff don't bother me too much . It's when it passes this boundry where you see me in the protests garnering my gas mask and taser proof suit.

new topics

join