It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting B B GUNS Give Me a High

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes, and i think its weird.

My son has a BB gun and i love to target practice with it. I just love being able to shoot. AND hit the target! Wow!

I am not a violent person by any means, but i find myself getting a real kick out of this,

Is this normal, or do i have a suppressed desire to
???

Anyone else feel the same?

Please, dont talk about killing anyone, this is not the intention of this thread
As i said, there is no violence in me at all...but its fun to pull the trigger.

Anyone?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I love shooting and always have. Amongst other firearms I have a S&W 22A competition target pistol with a red dot scope and just love talking it to the range. It's extremely accurate with a long bull barrel and is very inexpensive to shoot.

I would never use any of my firearms to kill ANYTHING but love the sport.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It can be fun.

My old BB Gun (Red Rider
) was really fun to shoot at targets, but even more fun to shoot at stuff (i.e. old pumpkins, Styrofoam, etc).

Every time you hit, it says, "You win!" And every time something explodes it says, "You win! Bonus +2!!!"

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I don't think it's an indicator of anything sinister or violent about one's personality so fire away dg

Do what makes ya feel good!

I am still slightly addicted to Call Of Duty 4 on the PS3 lol Figure I'd get a kick out of shooting a gun for real too.

Oh my, that is one impressive firearm ya got there kinglizard! That's what I wanna have a go at

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

I heard that playing shooting video games actually increases live accuracy.

Of course, when it comes to mental issues, it depends on what kind of
you are playing. I mean come on, GTA is going to condition you to target people and vehicles and always go for the rocket launcher.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You arent weird in my opinion, I love shooting guns. It has nothing to do with wanting to do any damage or harm, it is just a challenge. I shoot my pellet gun in the basement into a pellet trap, fun stuff. I own a variety of firearms, but I really enjoy shooting smaller calibers, it is cheap, and when you start putting small groups into paper it is a real accomplishment.

I think the best time I have ever had was shooting a full auto MP5 at a shooting range in town. That was the best money I have ever spent, nothing like going full auto. Wakes you up, gets the blood flowing.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You'll shoot your eye out kid.

My first BB gun was a Crossman 760 Powermaster. WAAAAAAY back in the early 70's. It was a rush. I was the scourge of the local Starling population

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There have been and will be some great women target shooters.

I have competed against a woman or two in USPSA and almost got beat.

Roper

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I too love to shoot by sons bbguns. I am so dead on it makes me feel good. My kids are impressed with my ability. Do you suppose some ppl are just a natural?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Antar, I understand!

I get my target right between the eyes
I cant wait to go back there and shoot some more!!!

I am amazed because i only seem to dabble in girley stuff, you know?

My son called yesterday and wanted to know when i'd be coming over again for some more laughs
I can outshoot him ANYDAY! and this was my first time!

Anyhow, i'm glad i'm not a freak for getting off on shooting- i'm in good company!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

Well in that case I think I'd fair pretty good if I was ever handed a gun in an emergency type situation. I think about that sometimes lol

I am pretty good at COD4, not as good as them neglect-to-wash-and-feed-the-kids/dog/self types though. They make it no fun too but I do alight

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
One of my and my dad's favorite pasttimes was to get two one gallon milk jugs, fill them up with water, and take our air guns out. We'd both take a shot at our respective jug, and whichever jug emptied first determined the winner. We did this from increasing distances, and it worked wonders for my accuracy. I could knock a cap off of one of those jugs from 50 feet way back when.

God, how I miss the quiet country.

TheBorg

P.S. KL, I didn't know that you "talked" your gun all the way to the range?!??!

Is it one of those new AI models?

[edit on 8-2-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Smartarse.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with a spot of target shooting.

Guns are fun, but Archery is where it's at. Bit more skill and poise needed IMO.

There was a girl at school who won a few national comps, she wasn't the prettiest girl on the bus, but she made me hot. Girls and weapons do that to a guy...

Need a cold shower.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yeah archery!
Shooting an arrow is a lot more exciting for me than bb gun or even a real gun.

I guess the thrills are the same though, you send something flying through the air to a target. Bigger is better - arrows vs bullets
Logical progression for ChiKeyMonKey's heaven :
girl pressing the big red shoot button on the death star?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
AS you can see, nothing wrong with a little fun shooting.

Ive got a Crossman PRO 77 and an old break barrel air rifle, and both are fun.

I especially like the PRO 77 for its looks and teh fact that its a semi-auto with a 17 round clip

Combine it with a laser (more for looks than anything cuz its not all that acurate) and you've got yourself a fun time. Nothing like dumping a mag in a few seconds, only to pop in a fresh one and do it again.

I actually want to get into target shooting as a sport, but dont have the cash or time right now, and considering the stringent anti-gun laws in Canada...makes the prospect of starting up a bit of a hassle.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Archery was one of my best Physical Ed classes in College. I was ranked amongst the top in the class for accuracy. Geeze, I even had my own target 9 times out of 10. The only thing I sucked at was Clout Archery. That was a bear. Have to make sure to factor air into the shot as well. Wasn't very good at that, mostly cause I never could seem to get the distance needed to hit the target.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I used to go with my old man, he was really in to it quite a while.

Should be going to friends place in the Philippines after the summer this year, there is a place out there where it's really cheap to do Archery and shoot all sorts of guns and rifles.

Arrrrggghhhh get some lol!

MonKey

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Chickey,

Is that what they mean by "i'm going to get me some"?

new topics

top topics

join