It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ARTHUR SPIDERWICK, (The Spiderwick Chronicles)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
As a lover of fantasy and researcher of the Cryptozoology creatures, I must bring up this book!
It is called "The SpiderWick Chronicles" Aimed towards the ages 6-10, the reason why I want to discuss this is because it is as claimed by Authors Tony and Holy based off a true story.
One day while at a book signing in New England, these kids slipped them a letter that told them they know that Fairies are real, and they know a lot about them." Their uncle who is actually missing supposedly saw these fairies amongst other creatures and recorded them in this huge book (tome) which is now in the authors possession.
The book was very old, like an antique and had illustrations in it much like John James Audabons' style. The crazy part is that most of the pages were so brittle and many were burnt.

The Authors restored it though to a more than close, original version. And you can buy it it's called "ARTHUR SPIDERWICKS GUIDE TO THE FANTASTICAL WORLD AROUND YOU"
The other fascinating thing about it is they halso have Arthurs journal. I just couldn't find any info on this guy, and find the whole thing extremely intriguing.

I just bought the book the other day, and can't wait for it!

The other thing that they did was, because of the letter the two authors collaborated together and created the whole series "The SpiderWick Chronicles". They wanted to think of a way of how to tell the Grace Childrens story.

Just a note, I do not consider it to be too out there, I've never seen fairies but even at the age of 19, I'm a very open minded person and I do believe they exist as well as believe the account of the Grace Children to be true.

So comment away!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
[Snip]

Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 1b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 28/5/08 by JAK]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TotalPawz

Ive always believed that anything can happen and as much as I want this story to be true the practical part of my brain is saying " Why wouldn't they tell us it was based on a true story?" It makes the whole thing more interesting. But I love that they're are still people out there like me who WANT to believe it's true. If you come across anythig else plz post....

new topics

join