It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos may be tomorrow's vaccines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Tattoos may be tomorrow's vaccines

news.yahoo.com

LONDON (Reuters) - The tattoo of the future may be good for your health rather than just your image.

German scientists said on Thursday that work on mice showed that tattooing was a more effective way to deliver a new generation of experimental DNA vaccines than standard injections into muscle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well this is kind of scary.

"Delivery of DNA via tattooing could be a way for a more widespread commercial application of DNA vaccines," said Martin Mueller of the German Cancer Research Centre in Heidelberg.

Delivery of DNA? I wonder how this would relate to Gene Doping?

I feel strangely compelled to quote from Revelations.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This sounds pretty interesting.

I just wonder if they'll be using this to vaccinate babies too? Seems a bit much for a baby to take when needles seem to be working pretty well. As far as I know.

Also I wonder if Doctors or tattoo artists would administer these?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
I just wonder if they'll be using this to vaccinate babies too?

Perhaps one day; who knows, maybe it will be a barcode?

Ehh, i feel weird now after speculating along the lines of the NWO...

To be honest, I dont think this idea will take off. Not everyone wants a tattoo, especially on their children.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

...don't feel weird, your intuition might be correct:

A biocompatible radio-frequency identification (RFID) ink would allowprocessors to track individual cuts of meat or vegetables, allowing them to make speedy recalls during food contamination outbreaks.

Somark Innovations said this week it successfully tested its chipless RFID ink on cattle and laboratory rats.

"The test proved the efficacy of injecting and reading a biocompatible chipless RFID ink "tattoo" within the skin of animals," the company claimed.

"Developer targets injectable RFID ink at meat market"

Awhile back, there were some threads regarding 'new' NWO tattoos, supposedly the 'mark' is invisible... as per the OP, maybe a shrewd way of introducing this?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am a tattoo artist as my second job and I often joke about putting heroine in my ink to keep my clients coming back.

This is quite scary - DNA vaccines in a tattoo? I don't like how prophetic it sounds.

new topics

top topics

join