It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious police in Saudi Arabia arrest mother for sitting with a man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Religious police in Saudi Arabia arrest mother for sitting with a man

www.timesonline.co.uk

A 37-year-old American businesswoman and married mother of three is seeking justice after she was thrown in jail by Saudi Arabia's religious police for sitting with a male colleague at a Starbucks coffee shop in Riyadh.

“They took me into a filthy bathroom, full of water and dirt. They made me take off my clothes and squat and they threw my clothes in this slush and made me put them back on,” she said. Eventually she was taken before a judge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
DO NOT REMOVE MOD EDITS!

Post was removed because it violated the Terms and Conditions of use.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Gemwolf]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

C'mon, they are your friends. Saudis are the biggest and most important US ally in ME.

And you are going to sold them 20 billion dollars worth of weaponry in the near future.

Good for bussines, bad for women. [/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Don't sound like muslims to me, arrest someone for sitting by a man, then force her to taker her clothes off, just sounds like an excuse to me.

Oh by the way shut up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
That is a good example of what living in a free society is and is not.
Good think to keep if you are in a society that can vote, or allows its people freedoms.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Here is a tip to any potential traveller (particularly if you are female, homosexual, jewish, christian, interested in chilling out with alcohol, etc etc)- stay the hell away from these medieval islamic backwaters which employ shariah- do not holiday in Saudi, Sudan, Somalia, Northern Nigeria etc etc

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is an article i read yesterday.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

AN Australian man detained by Indonesian authorities for flirting has been released.

Massaboi Eddie Pewu was among 25 foreigners, mostly Africans, arrested at a home in South Jakarta early yesterday for disturbing public order, including flirting with teenage girls and married women, Indonesia's Immigration Office said.

“He was arrested along with other African men,” said the department's Director General for Investigation and Law Enforcement, Syaiful Rachman.

“Based on a complaint by (local) people, they were making a commotion, bothering girls, bothering wives, but ... this is what the group did, not necessarily him.”

“He was arrested because he was with others who made a public disturbance.”
Syaiful said the Australian had since been released, although some of the other men were still in immigration detention.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Contrary to popular belief, Saudi Arabia is not a nice place to live (for men or women).

A female classmate of mine spent some years in an American compound in that hellhole of a country. It is even more backwards than you can imagine and certainly ALL other middle eastern nations.

You think Iran is bad? Take a look at Saudi Arabia, our 'partner in terror.'

These folks run the country like a fascist state too. Women have no rights, cannot be in the presence of men without their whole bodies covered. They cannot speak to a man unless the man initiated the conversation.

And the SHEIKHS allow it! These people are animals! The brainwashed public follow whatever these criminal say or its the death penalty.

We invaded Iraq? We should have invaded Saudi Arabia.

top topics

join