It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm new here, and I've got a question...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well, not completely new, as I've often looked to the discussions here as a way of clueing myself in and getting the straight dope regarding the various fantastic claims and anomalous items that I encounter when reading my favorite fringe publications.

Here's what's prompted me to go ahead and register an account here: I was very pleasantly surprised to learn that one of my YouTube videos has been included in ATS's video section, as seen here:

ufovid.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm certainly not complaining, but I'm just curious as to how it got there? Did an ATS member or owner specifically submit it? If so, how can I learn who to thank? Or is this somehow the result of some random search algorithm, i.e., did a piece of software make the decision to include my video without any human's input ever entering in to the equation? Many of my YouTube videos are embedded all over the Web, and I suspect that the latter scenario is often the reason for this.

Anyway, I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on this. Regardless, I'm darned glad to be here!

Many Thanks,

Brendan

P.S. More about me:

My YouTube channel:

www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.youtube.com...

Outrageous true stories from my life in the workplace:

://www.poppyland.org

[edit on 7-2-2008 by flightsuit]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Flightsuit, glad to have you as a member!
I believe Springer is in charge of the videos posted there.However, I'm sure someone will step in to confirm or deny that very quickly.
Hope you enjoy your time here!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hey there,

Welcome aboard.

As to your question, a quick search as based on the link comes back 'not found'.

Cool vid and pretty informative, but it's the first time I have seen it.

I'm sure whoever referenced it within the community will pop up at some time so you can relay kudo's to him/her .

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There's an API (program) that You Tube has available to the bigger sites which allows the webmaster to create a page that pulls videos from specific search/category terms.

Unless the video producer clicks the "do not embed" option in their You Tube control panel their videos are subject to appear on lots of sites.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If I were you I wouldn't be giving out links to your personal musings. People might get the wrong idea and think you are not to be trusted or worse.

I've often had access to my customer's phone numbers, addresses, and credit card numbers. If somebody was very nasty to me, I would record said information, with the intention of tormenting them until they die.

From the OP's site: home.comcast.net...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
jbondo, thanks for reading my stories! Regarding the question of whether I can be trusted: As the quote from my personal site indicates, if you suspect that it may be necessary for you to abuse me at some point, it would not be prudent to provide me with your sensitive financial data.

All kidding aside, those stories were all written many years ago. I have since grown and matured, and am therefore slightly less likely to terrorize the customers of whatever company I happen to be working for.

OK, I said, "All kidding aside," so the above statement should have really read more like this:

Those stories were all written many years ago. I have since grown and matured, and am therefore not going to terrorize the customers of whatever company I happen to be working for, or anybody else, for that matter.

new topics

top topics

join