It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's ok when they do it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
i read this interesting story today.

it's about a musician who discovered that his music was being sold by itunes and his attempts to find out why he has yet to receive any money from those sales (or even who gave permission for his music to be sold on there).

after getting the runaround from everyone he contacted or at least those that bothered to respond to his enquiries (including his record company who told him to "leave it be" ) and the itunes 'digital distributor' who told him his music couldn't be removed from the itunes sytem for over a year (huh? - me pc person - me know you select said folder & press shift + del) )

outraged by what he found, he responded by uploading all his albums to a torrent site.

so who is the biggest pirate here and why is nothing said or done about this by the riaa?

[edit on 7-2-2008 by justyc]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
In my opinion this is just another case of global corporations, being able to screw people the way they see fit, without any consequence.... While 70 year old women, gets cuffed for not cutting their lawns.

Why do people even buy their music through corporations like this?

"Because it sooo cool to use Itunes!!111"

Wake up people!

The true pirate is Itunes, but that doesnt justify small people downloading music for free, if thats what you mean?.

You gotta pay to play!

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Bluess]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   

it's about a musician who discovered that his music was being sold by itunes and his attempts to find out why he has yet to receive any money from those sales (or even who gave permission for his music to be sold on there).

I suspect the company that created Itunes is doing so well successfully, taking in so many hundreds of millions of dollars every year that they’re really not going to care whether or not some random music artist doesn’t receive any payments…….

(including his record company who told him to "leave it be" )

WOW……even his own record companies telling him to leave it alone…..talk about getting the knife in the back
…..

I’m guessing the record company has some sort of ties with the company of Itunes and so the record company's probably looking out for itself rather then it’s clients…..

[edit on 7-2-2008 by andre18]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This guy is an idiot.....

Why didn't he go the RIAA way, and sue Itunes and his record label for PIRACY (or, more correctly, copyright violations).

He could have made $100,000 on EACH OCCURANCE. By uploading his albums to bit-torrent sites, he has just undermined his position.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yeah I honestly think this guy could retire on the settlements for a lawsuit against iTunes like this one. But he has shown himself to be a true artist and that money is not as important as getting his music out there.

new topics

top topics

join