It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Studies in Lucid & Related Dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I've reviewed several of the past posts on the subject, and thought i would give my own insights into this facinating topic.

The First Time

When I was a child (around age 10), I was mugged and beaten up by an adult less then a block away from my home while carrying some letters for the mailbox. The letters were his target. Police were involved, etc. I don't know if they ever caught the individual or not. That doesn't matter anymore. However, after that night, I was having repeated nightmares every night of trying to run home, and being grabbed from behind by this individual. Basically, I was reliving the event... again and again.

During one of the nightmares, I looked up, and saw that the sky was red with black swirls. I immediately realized it was a dream and some how did not awake. I stopped in my tracks. I reached into my jacket, and pulled out a .357 Magnum (from Dirty Harry), and shot the guy in his tracks. The nightmares stopped from that night forward.

Reality Sets In

When I was older (12 or so), my uncle took me to a range for shooting in the Utah desert. One of the weapons was a magnum revolver. I got a nasty bruise in my forhead even though I thought I was ready for it. "Kicked like a mule" is definitely applicable here.

After that day, something wierd happened in my dreams. Firearms had kick. I knocked myself on my rear twice before I realized what the problem was. Reality had sunk in. Before I had experienced what a firearm can really do, they worked the way a child's mind would perceive it from the movies. After experiencing it, I couldn't unlearn what I did. The logical mind still has an active place in the dream world.

Getting Rid of Logic

So, here I was with a problem. The nightmare from my childhood had surfaced again, and a gun wasn't the answer anymore. This is where imagination is key. What is not bound by science and logic? Magic. Spells. Fantasy. I had watched the movie The Dungeonmaster and it gave me inspiration for how to deal with problems in my nightmares.

My watch turned into a control panel. The panel could make what ever I wanted. I started with swords... moved to laser guns. Even magic spells (the flashy type - Fireball, Lightning Bolt, etc.). Logic can't govern this area, so the sky is the limit.

Serial Dreaming

I am not sure how usual this is or not, but let me explain the concept. A serial dream is a dream directly continuing from a previous dream on a different night. Occassionally the same episode would repeat itself. Sometimes these dreams would present a puzzle. The episode would repeat itself until that puzzle (or section of the puzzle) was solved, and the next night you would move past it.

Lucid dreaming makes solving some of these puzzles easy, if you can figure out what you need to solve. It could be as simple as defeating some opponents for your past, resisting temptation, choosing different paths, etc.

Broadcasting Dreams

In highly emotional states, I have experienced broadcasting dreams. This usually involved something so emotionally intense, I could not keep it contained when I was asleep. Roommates were able to describe to me exactly what I was dreaming (which I had written down before leaving my room), and were a little... confused... on what the deal was.

Luckily, one of my roommates had a friend who helped me develop some mental shields to keep this under control. That is a whole new topic altogether, though. It has rarely happened since.

Entering Dreams of Others

I will admit right up front, this was never done purposely but I am confident that it had been done. I used to keep a dream journal, and would document all of this in the journal before leaving my bedroom. Then, my roommate would tell me this wierd dream she had where I was in it. I would right that down too. The simularities were... extremely uncanny. Now, add lucid dreaming to the mix... well, it was amazing the help you can do for someone.

I was going to explain the details of this example, but realized my (now ex) roommate may not be too happy about me sharing it with the world. To summarize what I can share, the parts where we were together in the dream were identical, although from each of our own perspectives. The parts where we were seperate had different events, but the consistency was there when we met back up together in the dream. One part I feel confident she wouldn't mind me sharing...

"I saw you wave your hand, and your truck appeared in puff of smoke, then you yelled at me to get in."

"I waved my hand to summon my truck. It appeared with the usual smoke. I yelled at her to get in and drive away."

I really do wish I could control this aspect of dreaming a bit more reliably.

(to be continued)

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Sorry, ran out of space on first post.

Contacting Spirits

The first time this happened, I couldn't have been more then 8. We had a family that was close to ours, and they had a dog. I loved this dog. I was woken up (or woke up in the dream - still unsure about this) due to a scratching on the window. I looked out, and there was the dog. It is important to note that my bedroom was on the second floor of the house, and there were no trees, etc. that could have caused this. I sensed the dog was saying good bye, and I went back to sleep whispering I'll miss you. I woke up in the morning, and immediately told my mother what happened. She insisted it was just a dream, and a bad one at that. Right then, the phone rang. It was our neighbor, and their dog was killed last night. My mother turned white as a ghost.

Another example at 20. After a confusing series of dreams climaxed to me saving someone I didn't recognize, but felt a connection to, I woke up sobbing. It was such an emotional release of joy, I couldn't stop crying. I had written down every detail of the dream I could remember, including a very distinct belt buckle the person was wearing. I called my mother and asked her if anyone in the family passed away, etc. She wasn't aware of any. My girlfriend and I were already invited over for dinner that night, so we met up later that evening.

There was a knock at the door. It was UPS. They had a package from my grandmother. My mother opened the package and it was a ton of loose photographs. I asked my mom if I could look through them. I found a picture of the individual I dreamt about. She said it was a great uncle of mine, and I had not seen him since I was a baby. I couldn't possibly dream about him. He was even wearing the belt buckle I drew.

I had my mom call grandma, and had her ask about my uncle. She found out that my uncle has been very ill lately, and they lost him at the hospital earlier that morning but he came back at 10:39am and the doctors could not explain how. I had woken up at 9:39 am (writing down the time in my journal). My mother looked to me and said, "See? It isn't even the same time. It was just a dream." I asked my mother to verify where my uncle lived. He was in Utah. I was in California at the time.

Conclusion

Well, there is a preliminary write up of some of my experiences involving dreaming. I am more then happy to answer any questions I can if I have any experiences that match.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Hi,

I can relate to your accounts of lucid dreaming. Its interesting that your lucid dream was a "threatening situation" the same as mine. For me I dreamt that I was being chased (which is a common dream) down a series of stairs in a block of flats the faster I ran the closer this thing got, I did feel that if this thing got me I would probably die but then something snapped and I realised this couldnt be happening and I knew I was dreaming, at that point I told myself this is just a dream and I could jump from the top step down to the bottom step without hurting myself (missing out about forty steps in one jump) I kept repeating this until I got away. This dream did occur in my childhood.

Its interesting what you said about serial dreaming as well, I have done this before too. I didnt know this had a name. I have never spoke about it to anyone before, I thought I was a bit weird to continue a dream from one I had a few nights ago, you cant do that sort of thing.This did occur when I was alot younger as well, I dont know if that means anything, and ive only done it once. Which im glad about..

I havent been involved with contacting spirits though.. im quite happy not to either.

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Q
Its interesting what you said about serial dreaming as well, I have done this before too. I didnt know this had a name.

This is one thing you will notice about my posts (as I create more of them). I... have developed my own terminology to describe certain things, events, abilities, that may or may not match the common terminology used. Other then my works, I have never come across the term "seriel dreaming" before, but can you accurately describe it any other way?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I was wondering how one can actually have a lucid dream. The reason i ask is because i don't think i have actually had a lucid dream(that i am aware of). If there is any tips on how i can dream lucidly i would appreciate it greatly.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Excellent read!

I was fascinated the whole time.

Ok onto some fun stuff.

I wanted to ask you about any lucid dreaming experiences involving energy or "powers" if you will.......

Can you describe the powers you give yourself while lucid dreaming?

For example.

When I am fully lucid I like to play with the things that are in my dreamworld. If there is a wall in front of me, I like to see what happens when I walk through it. Or If there is something extremely heavy, I like to pick it up over my head just to watch the reactions of the "people" in my dreamworld.

Not to mention shooting energy and making shields of energy to protect yourself.

Its weird you mentioned using magic spells to ward off enemies. I usually, if confronted by an entity of unknown origin, would say a bunch of nonsense words and they would come out like a spell or something and and have dramatic effects on the being I'm casting upon.

Great thread!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
I was wondering how one can actually have a lucid dream.

The key, at least for me, is to figure out you are dreaming without waking up from the shock. The stuff at Wikipedia might be helpful to you. Also, Lucid Dreaming FAQ has some good information. I wish I could tell you more. Different methods work for different people. Find the one that works for you.

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Can you describe the powers you give yourself while lucid dreaming?

Mithril swords that cut through most everything, lightsabres, energy blasts (like spells - see below), flying, morphing (changing into animal form - panther usually), my dream truck (that I used to own - Chevy c1500 454SS), they are all tools when needed.

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
Its weird you mentioned using magic spells to ward off enemies. I usually, if confronted by an entity of unknown origin, would say a bunch of nonsense words and they would come out like a spell or something and and have dramatic effects on the being I'm casting upon.

This gets into another interesting area. Read the thread here to get a little of my background. Personally, I believe words, foci, etc. are crutches, like training wheels, when it comes to using magic. And yes, I believe lucid dreaming combined with manipulating your own energy is the key to real "magic".

[edit on 2008/2/7 by TLomon]

[edit on 2008/2/7 by TLomon]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
Personally, I believe words, foci, etc. are crutches, like training wheels, when it comes to using magic. And yes, I believe lucid dreaming combined with manipulating your own energy is the key to real "magic".

so do you believe there is a correlation between the endless potential of lucid dreaming and the seemingly restrictive nature of our awakened life? meaning, do you theorize that once one has mastered their own dream state [working magic, doing anything ever conceivable] that can bleed over to daily life? if so, how would one go about doing that? if not, would you rather always be dreaming?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by banyan
so do you believe there is a correlation between the endless potential of lucid dreaming and the seemingly restrictive nature of our awakened life? meaning, do you theorize that once one has mastered their own dream state [working magic, doing anything ever conceivable] that can bleed over to daily life? if so, how would one go about doing that? if not, would you rather always be dreaming?

Yes. Yes, up to a point. The question is will.

Ok, my theory. Reality is formed from the group conciousness of everyone present in our reality. The reason for a stop light to turn red to green is because group conciousness determines that it should do so (based on traffic flow, timer, what ever the "group" feels). If you could impose your will over the stoplight, you could change it to green ahead of when it should be. Willpower is a piece of the puzzle.

There have been studies about testing (and verifying) the presense people feel when they are stared at. Expanding this with theory, your own consiousness is projected from your body when you focus your attention at someone, and their own aura, or personal field, can feel the external energy hitting it, causing the reaction. This energy could also be used to affect other objects (TK), read minds (Telepathy), etc. Energy control is a piece of the puzzle.

If you can impose your will upon the universe in subtle ways, you should (in theory - and tons of practice) be able to cause subtle events to happen. This has been covered in The Secret as well as several other works. The key is subtlety. This is where lucid dreaming can come in, as it allows you to manipulate the environment. Lucid dreaming is a piece of the puzzle.

Now, let's take a lightning bolt spell for example (classic anime/D&D version). This is such a stretch from reality, that it would require a great more deal of willpower and/or energy to override the group conciousness that forms our universe that it simply will not work. But, if you have a person misstep onto a third rail, or an electrical wire fall from a pole and strike them, the same result happens... but much easier.

I have seen some of these theories parallel game mechanics. I can't really say it is unfortunate, but I sometimes wonder if games, movies, and books are outlets of our unconcious mind trying to find the overall answer to reality.

Ok, now that you all consider me a flake, I am still open to feedback.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i don't think you are a flake. a flake is someone who believes something without having any reasoning or thought put behind it. which is obviously not the case here.

i agree that lucid dreaming would allow the overriding of group consciousness more easily, since group consciousness is a collective mind influence over matter. when you are dreaming, it's all mind and no matter. that would eliminate all foreign influence, relying on one's own mind solely. so if one is a world of warcraft fan, having subjected themselves to countless hours of night elf druidism, it makes it very easy for one to cast spells in their lucid dreams. it's their fantasy, it's their "reality."

to me, though, it would seem a whole different ballgame when in awakened reality, speaking within the realm of your theory. it's easy to say that one just needs to blast past the confines of group consciousness, to impose their own will...it's another thing to accomplish it. how would one do this alone?

again within your theory, i think it would be easier, to let's say shape-shift into a wolf, the more popular the belief in it becomes. ever since harry potter and the filming of the lord of the rings, the concepts of wizards, spells, and other fantastical imaginings have reached and inspired more people than ever.

eventually, maybe group consciousness will be swayed to accept that magic(k) exists in that way, and more and more people will be able to do these things.

if reality exists this way though, truth and fact become worthless. one thing may be true one day, then completely wrong the next. we once thought the world was flat. that was accepted truth.

would anything be truth at this point then? if one can cast spells, can one live forever? would that disprove that humans are mortal beings?

being able to do anything, regardless of group consciousness, would produce chaos worldwide, breaking logic in half, destabilizing everything - every belief, religion, thought, and even science and the understanding of the universe.

i mean i am fine with it, but with others, it might implode their brains.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ok, you are the first person to totally get it. It being my theory of reality.

It is interesting you mentioned WoW. Back in my day, Dungeons & Dragons was a source for a lot of material in my dreams, and just grew from there.

Now, an interesting side story. There was a group of individuals (some circles would call it a coven) that was trying to do a project called "Wildfire" that was to awaken the entire world to magic, spirits, the paranormal, etc. all at once. I fought them on this because the basic principle would cause mass hysteria to the world, riots, etc. I didn't want to see that, and luckily I eventually convinced them of errors in their plan.

Any growth to this area must be done gradually. Science overwelmed magic in the past, and now movies, books, media, are bring it back to our conciousness. Who's to know what the next 100 years will bring?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing your experiences. While reading it, it really made me feel better knowing I can relate to your stories, and how we really are all one in this "reality" we get to share together.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TLomon
Now, an interesting side story. There was a group of individuals (some circles would call it a coven) that was trying to do a project called "Wildfire" that was to awaken the entire world to magic, spirits, the paranormal, etc. all at once. I fought them on this because the basic principle would cause mass hysteria to the world, riots, etc. I didn't want to see that, and luckily I eventually convinced them of errors in their plan.

that's nearly unnerving. i know most wiccan circles would frown upon working anything that's against someone's will or want, so it surprises me that a group of people would think they would know what's best for the world and try to do something about it. what interests me is that, from your account of the story, it sounds like they could have done it though. do you know of the methodology that lead them to that point where they could feel so confident in their abilities?

Any growth to this area must be done gradually. Science overwelmed magic in the past, and now movies, books, media, are bring it back to our conciousness. Who's to know what the next 100 years will bring?

yes, i really agree. just think of how far we have come already. though, certain mindsets over the centuries have nearly destroyed the freedom of thought.

which brings me to questions for you. do you think any religion or form of spiritualism currently to date, is a good path that encourages this notion of reality? do you think a god/goddess[s] controls an absolute reality that is beyond the commonly perceived reality? meaning, to tap into a lucid dream mindset is to tap the reality of the gods? or do you think we have created our own gods/desses, just like our group consciousness created the rest of reality?

and yes, it's interesting to bounce these ideas off you and actually hear intelligent and rational [or as close as this topic even allows
] responses. Anyone else too...if you have any theories or input, would love to hear all thoughts on the matter.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by banyan
what interests me is that, from your account of the story, it sounds like they could have done it though. do you know of the methodology that lead them to that point where they could feel so confident in their abilities?

They were looking for people with high energy levels to get anough power to do it. The stranger from my other post was like their leader of some sort. He believed it was possible. I don't think they could have done it with their current group, but that was exactly the reason they contacted me.

do you think any religion or form of spiritualism currently to date, is a good path that encourages this notion of reality? do you think a god/goddess[s] controls an absolute reality that is beyond the commonly perceived reality? meaning, to tap into a lucid dream mindset is to tap the reality of the gods? or do you think we have created our own gods/desses, just like our group consciousness created the rest of reality?

Honestly, no. I consider myself spiritual, but I distrust organized religion entirely. It is way too corrupt. They lost the meaning of what they are teaching, and I have seen some people give large portions of their estates to churches to help those in need, yet when they needed help, it wasn't there for them.

The whole God thing confuses me. I do believe some gods were literally created from aspects of our own conciousness, and as such, may have at one time held physical forms (Greeks, Egyptians, etc.) I don't believe dreaming is tapping into their realm specifically, but perhaps a shared realm, where we could communicate across boundies, possibly reaching them. Interesting ideas. I haven't given these questions any thought before.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Very interesting post and without hesitation I completely believe you (not something I usually do right away).
When I was very young, 2 or 3 My Godfather died. His name was Pat.
My mother got the phone call that he had been in an accident and died and didn`t repeat anything out loud as I was standing right there. When she hung up the phone, I looked at her and said, "Its ok Mom, Uncle Patty is with the angels now". Needless to say this freaked her out a little but it something to this day that is completely unexplainable. Although I cannot remember, I think being that I was a toddler, I may have just awoke from a nap and probably had seen him in a dream although I am definitely unsure of this.
It is important to note that I have been in a number of car accidents, some very serious including a rollover on a highway without a seatbelt. (Side note: I wasn`t the driver, but a front seat passenger in the roll over and a passenger in a couple of other wrecks). I truly believe he is my guardian angel and protects me from dying in the same manner as he.

Back to the topic:
As far as lucid dreaming I have experienced it much but maybe not to the same degree as you. I have had dreams where I knew I was dreaming but I don`t recall ever doing whatever I wanted in these dreams. I do remember being in frightening situations and realizing it was just a dream and therefore not being scared anymore. I have had dreams end as soon as I knew I was dreaming. And of course I have had bad dreams which I was about to die and suddenly realized I was dreaming and awoke or passed into another phase of the dream.

AS far as seriel dreams, you are not alone there either. I have heard that it is impossible but I knew it was real as I have experienced them too. There have been dreams I remember that were continued from past dreams and I remember the distinct feeling of deja vu while in the dream. There have been times when I awoke that I remembered my dream and at that point remembered I had had it many times before yet not realizing it until then.
I have had numerous reoccuring dreams some of which I can remember explicitly and have been going on since I was a child. There is too much content to get into unless anyone thinks its relevant. Some of them relate to experiences I had 15 or 20 years later in life (a little freaky) in regards to where I was living. Some of these dreams still continue but I haven`t had them recently (within the past year) that I recall.

ANother type of dream I have had more then once is a flying type dream. I remember seeing myself sleeping in bed, on at least one occasion as I flew throughout the rooms at very rapid speeds. I haven`t always seen myself lying there when having those dreams but the flying part has always been the same feeling. In some of them I was flying around the city and in others I was more confined to a room or group of rooms. But the feeling was so real, it was just this incredible speed I had and couldn`t quite understand it nor stop it

I also recall a very disturbing dream that has happened numerous times but in different ways.
It is always a very negative dream as I can feel an evil presence if you will.
The worst one was one in which I could not breath and there was a tremendous amount of pressure upon my chest. I was choking in my sleep and awoke gasping for air. I felt this strange evil presence even after awaking and even as I tell this now it sends shivers through my body. On other occasions I have awoken knowing I had had some sort of version of this dream and feeling that presence as I awoke but not always being able to recall the dream in its entirety.

Its weird but I had one of those last dreams I described just a couple nights ago. Ironically I am trying to quit smoking and am using the nicotine patch, not the first time I have used this device. But I always seem to have more dreams, more descriptive dreams when wearing this patch, or at least I tend to remember them more.

While most of the experiences I described were more prevailant when I was younger, they have stayed with me and it does occur every so often. There is one dream or set of dreams however that I don`t remember having since I was a child. They involved what I would now describe as aliens even though I didnt really know what they were at the time. I remember as a kid describing them as these stretchy gumbi like figures who seemed like they were made of some sort of elastic. They were small and used to pull me under the bed and poke at me and stuff. Very strange, I know but very real to me.

And lastly, there is this one more dream that sticks out. I awoke and it was as if my eyes were glued shut. I couldn`t open them after quite a few minutes of trying. I had to be about 7 or 8 at the time and remembered saying a prayer and going back to sleep before I awoke again and could open them no problem.

I have tried to figure out what a lot of these mean and I think there are a lot of different explanations of each. I have always felt different from the norm, probably one of the reasons I visit ATS (no offense to anyone). I just can`t ever seem to put it all together and figure out whatever it is I`m supposed to.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Hi TLomon and all,
There are so many similarities with your experiences and my dreams, also of others who posted. It would be great to not only understand more, but to develop what I believe are very useful abilities.

I've already posted about some of my experiences in different threads, so I'll include links and copy a little of the posts here.

My first lucid dream experience:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as getting there, I strongly believe it was related to my learning about "lucid dreaming" and practicing it. When I was 4, I started having a recurring nightmare about a witch, big hat and all, that was threatening and scaring me in my dream. I told my mom about the dream, and she said "next time you see the witch, punch her in the nose". OK, I realize there may have been better ways of dealing with the issue, but this was what she said, and by saying it, she implied that I had some control. The next night, the witch came. I became lucid in my dream and rememberd what my mom had said. I punched her in the nose. It turned out I had quite the dream punch for a little kid, and the witch ran away, which was the last time that dream recurred.

A dream that prepared me for some significant life changes:

It was then that I heard the voice of a woman who sounded maybe in her 20s, but with a wisdom, confidence, and kindness that was not forced, just there. She told me that I could ask questions about my future. As a believer in free will, I thought - out loud "but the future isn't written". She told me, "you can ask here, and you will get answers".

So I asked for the answer that I wanted to hear and that I thought I believed. "Would [my company] succeed?" In my mind, I was asking a broad, yet clear question. "No" she said. "But, that can't be. It has to succeed.", I said. Then she told me that this is the way it will be, and that all will be ok, that I will be with my family and that what is coming is what I must experience for my own good and the good of those I love. I remember feeling the shock in my dream/vision of knowing that she was telling me the truth and that somehow, I needed to hear it and mentally prepare for what was coming.

Maybe related UFO sighting/scoop and the details of a dream mentioned in a much earlier post:

I was "taken", led without resistance, by small people, not classic greys, but small, not seemingly friendly people to an underground cavern. I don't remember exactly how we got from the surface to the cavern, but I seem to remember it was through an entrance near a tree. We went down many stairs and came to a gigantic "room" with many more small people below, gathered but not doing anything in particular. This huge room had stone walls, and I distinctly remember on the left wall there was a very big shelf upon which lay a sleeping giant. I somehow felt that they people kept the giant asleep on purpose and that if it woke, they would have trouble.

I have had serial dreams, flying dreams, dreams that showed me incredible symbolism, which I didn't understand until much later in life, dreams that foretold of major changes that have happened or are still in progress, dreams of incredibly realistic yet technologically impossible battles I was part of, dreams of ancient, planet-sized beings that were in the process of awakening, dreams of being poked and prodded by thickly stretchable gumby-like things (only when I was sick), dreams of people shortly before they died, and not that long ago, a dream that I wouldn't want to provide in full detail because of fearful interpretations others could have of it, which wouldn't do any good for anyone.

Very rarely now (once in the last year that I can think of), I have dreams that scare me. In the most recent, I was afraid of black eyed seemingly human beings who were corrupting people. I ran into a couple outside that tried in different ways to entice me to join them, then one woman with black eyes was trying to pull me into her home and I woke up with fear. I realized that I needed to go back into the dream and conquer my fears, so I went back, continued the dream, found many of the black eyed people corrupting others and poured what I can only describe as holy water on them to destroy those that were purely evil and exercise those that were only corrupted. I do not generally believe in organized religions, and I have no idea where one might get a water that could truly be holy. I only know I had some in the dream.

As a kid, I did feel I had a guardian angel. Once, I fell from a tree, over 12 feet and landed absolutely flat on my back on hard packed dirt and rocks. I felt like my guardian angel saved me, and I got up only to recover my wind, not a scratch, no pain. I have had many times in my life where I could have died and didn't. I don't now have the same confidence that I have a guardian angel, but I would like to think they are still benevolently watching.

I would love to learn more about the dreams I do/have had, how to tap into their power, and how to have more of the useful kind, especially those that seem to include profound teaching. I will be following this thread with interest. Hopefully, it will live a little longer with meaningful participation than others.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by lifestudent]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have been trying to do dream recall and Dream lucidly, I haven't dream t lucidly yet, but have been able to recall some of my dreams in the past that i have forgotten about. I will keep trying though, Bound to get it someday.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Start keeping a dream journal. Also, I have read that if you set an alarm clock 15 mins early you can sometimes break the REM cycle and allows you to recall the dream you were in the middle of.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I've had many lucid dreams since I was a teenager, in the late 80's. The flying dreams are always fun, especially when you just leap from ground level & will youself to fly. Levitation & slow flight seem to require more control/concentration, but its worth it. Another personal favorite is rooting up mature trees & swinging them like baseball bats. Try doing it while levitating!

Playing with traffic is cool too. Just stand in the street of your choice & stop cars like superman. Or grab them & fling them around.

top topics

join