It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1300 Year Technological Advance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Just a quick question. How many years ahead of mainstream do you think our gov't is ahead in technology.

Here's the thing, if a new invention comes out, the gov't has the right to confiscate it and it's papers by calling it a 'threat to national security'. And we already know that big companies are holding back by this thread I posted not too long ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it's hilarious that they come out with a 300 mpg car for $30,000 at the exact time that global warming is all the rage. Ironic timing, or smart marketing?

According to Philip Schneider (if you haven't heard this guy talk, you're missing out), the gov't advances at a rate of about 40 times what we do. He said in one of his talks that the gov't is about 1300 years ahead of us in technology. 1300 YEARS!!!

And then we have this quote from Ben Rich, the former head of Lockheed Skunkworks:

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

Anyway, what are your thoughts on the matter?

[edit on 2/7/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It is all for our 'protection'.

It is a sham on the public.

I agree with the Lockheed guy, it will take something quite extraordinary for us to be in the know, and our civilization advanced to where it should be.

I don't agree they are 1300 years ahead, but, we, the public that fund them, are suffering far behind today's true standards. It isn't 1300 years advanced if it exists today, it is todays tech, while we still live in 19th and 20th century tech.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
From what I remember from watching the Philip Schneider video is that we apparently progress technologically 40 years per year…if that makes sense…..for example for every year that goes by the real stuff that’s going on progresses 40 years per year…. and in that case since probably the mid 50’s to now I’d say we are 2400 years ahead…..

Here you go……

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
At one point after Roswell things did come out. The usual suspects like night vision goggles, Kevlar, and integrated circuits. So I guess the question would be why not now?
I don’t know the answer but I’m guessing some of the normal players are involved. Until we run completely out of oil nothing will take its place (corporate profits) Cars are on a very slow ride with little or no increase in MPG’s. So I’m guessing there is complicity between the Gov’t, industry, and the moneyed class.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I wonder when all this "black project' stuff started and why, and who gets to rub shoulders with the big cheeses and how they are picked. I mean it sounds like what the brit chap that the US wants to get their hand on (Gary Mckinneon-hacker) really did see docs on a "off world USS space fleet", and mind blowing pics of weird objects in space.

That's probably why there are so many dis-info agents amonst us so its always a big bunch of crap mixed in with the crab cakes.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well if you factor in Alien technology........Id say 1300 years is nothing.....

If you want my estimate, the US government is LIGHTYEARS away from the general public.

Everything you can possibly think of or imagine has already been done! IMO

Teleportation....You got it!
Antigravity......Thats right!
Wormoles to distant galaxies........You betcha!
Time travel.......No problem!
Inter dimensional travel.......Easy as pie!
Invisibility and cloaking devices........Child's play!

The list goes on and on......

1300 years is nothing when you were given technology by omniscient beings.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Thanks for embedding that for me.

And if it's 2400 years, I was way off. My memory must not be right.

Anyway, thanks again.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Yeah, that's pretty much the excuse they can use for anything unfortunately.

"It's a matter of National Security" gives the gov't permission to do literally anything they want, including taking away patents and inventions from deserving individuals.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by polanksi

Yeah, when that car news story came out, I laughed my ass off. As SOON as climate change becomes popular, they unveil a 300 mpg car. What ironic timing to have the solution to a hot market.

Makes you wonder what else is being held back eh?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Good post, starred and flagged!

It's sad, because we do have the means to end poverty, to end the global warming crises, to end human suffering. Yet we won't. And why won't we? Because theres still a few zillions bucks to be squeezed out of us.

I remember watching The Discovery channel a couple of years ago, specifically talking about technology from the movies. For example, they were talking about I Robot. They said that all that tech we see in the movies is available, however most won't use it because that would mean giving up profits from what we're using today. (Hope that made sense? Been up all night :p )

So the OP's story, about us being a couple of thousand years ahead of what we really are isn't hard to believe.

If we can travel beyond the stars, then we must. Exploration is in human nature. To constantly better ourselves is human nature. We aspire. The government holds us from our dreams, from what we need.

Frustrating to say the least.

Peace out,
FK

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think you guys are giving the government way too much credit. They are only a few years head in terms of technology - and many times the private sector invents things that the government never thought of. They certainly are not 1300 or 2400 years ahead of the rest of us.

Even a hybrid car getting 300 miles per gallon is not that big of a deal. They can get 50 to 100 right now. And all of these hybrid cars have big drawbacks attached to them. That car that gets 300 mpg is a car that about 1/2 percent of the customer population would find useful.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Okay i know the gov. always wants a leg up on civilian technology but you would think that that is a little excessive.
I worked at Best Buy and when being trained on GPS systems i learned that the tecnology is dumbed down purposefully. Garmin, lets say, can be off by about 10 to 30 feet which is not a lot when you put it in perspective but to know that they did that just so civilians wont have the same tech as the military. (also why they didnt release the GPS for civilian use until the gov. had perfected it.)

This is just one instance now think of all of the other things they are doing. Now i am no inventor, scientist and especially no genius. Lets say I invent a vehicle that runs on water. (uses hydrogen expels oxygen) for the wow factor it somehow uses the oxygen it expels to run before requiring more hydrogen.

If i patent that and the Gov. takes it away. Does that mean i cant market it? make it? Even if i have the means to manufacture it. I am just curious as to how it goes down when they take stuff away from geniuses like me.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Cool, thx for the compliment.

Yes, it is extremely sad, especially looking at the post right above mine by HollowPoint. The gov't not letting the public have something until they've perfected it and have been using it.

I wonder, if the public DID have the superior technology, what kind of things could we do?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

Please tell me what you're basing your assumptions on. The gov't takes patents that they deem a risk to national security, the car that comes out just in time for climate change, the former head of Lockeed Skunkworks, all of this points easily to the public being technology dumbed down, HARD.

So please let me know WHY you believe the gov't is only a few years ahead.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I base my assumptions off reality - and I do not mean any offense with that statement. I do not think that people can even comprehend how far into the future 1300 years is or what the world will look like in 1300 years in terms to technology. Look at how much the world has changed in just the last 50 years.

I have never heard of the USA taking patents from companies. Can you provide a source?

The U.S. government does not want its citizens to use encryption that it cannot crack. This debate has been going on for over a decade now. If the government was 1300 years ahead of us in technology it would be able to crack todays best encryption codes with little effort. As it stands right now the US government cannot crack all encryption codes.

All technology has a darker side. ie. Nuclear Energy / Nuclear Bombs. If the US government was 1300 years ahead in technology they would have superior weapons that would allow them to win wars almost instantly. They obviously do not have that power.

If a company invents a product that is useful to the government in some way then they can get a government contract to supply them with that item. Hundreds of US companies have contracts with the US government supplying them with all kinds of high tech equipment. That would not be necessary if the government was 1300 years ahead of these same companies.

Technology isn't dumbed down to the consumer it is priced down. The newest and best forms of technology are ridiculously expensive. Governments can afford the price of high level research, testing and maintenance. The high tech products get to the consumers when companies feel that technology is reliable and has reached a point were it can be mass produced for a reasonable price and sold for a profit to a customer.

As for the 300 mpg car being created during a global warming crisis that makes sense. It is supply and demand. We have a problem - high gas prices - so the fix is a car that runs more efficiently. It isn't like this global warming hype started this year. This have been going on since the mid 1990's. If anything the car itself is too late for global warming. The word global warming has been phased out and it is now called climate change. The phrase had to be changed because the weather seems to be changing again and getting colder instead of warmer.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by zerotime]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zerotime

Well, I think that when we speak of super-advanced technology 1300/2400 yrs. ahead, I'm speaking more of black projects, and not so mainstream gov't.

Anyway, doing some googling, here's a couple of things I've come across:

portland.indymedia.org...

And here's Wiki: en.wikipedia.org...

As far as win wars, who was it that said "Take the profit out of war, and there will be no war."? Wars are political tools. Remember, I'm talking more 'Black Projects'.

And as far as the 300 mpg car being just supply and demand, c'mon now. You're saying that 'the technology was created because of a demand for it'. I say, 'how long have they had the technology for already?' Either way, I believe your statement to be in the wrong. If we have the capability to create something upon demand, wouldn't that constitute as having superior technological knowledge than the mainstream public?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey MODS, do you think you could move this over to Science & Technology? I think it would get more views and be in a more fitting place.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

How many years ahead of mainstream do you think our
gov't is ahead in technology.

I think it's not practical for us to measure such a thing. If I say ten years...what exactly does that mean? If I say a hundred...what would that mean? And you're talking 1300 years? If the government is even just fifty years ahead, that means that the entire lifetime (for most reading these forums, I'm guessing) of technological advances that we're comparing to to come up with a number.

As SOON as climate change becomes popular, they unveil a 300 mpg car. What ironic timing to have the solution to a hot market

...ok, but there are people in here suggesting that the government is hundreds or even thousands of years ahead. Let's look back 1000 years.

inventors.about.com/library/inventors/bl1300s.htm

Sure, no computers, no telephones, no cars...but no printing press? No gunpowder? Not even crossbows had been invented yet? Do you have any sense of the scale of technologucal advance over the past 1000 years? Add a thousand years worth of technology on top of what we have today, and like IMAdamnALIEN says above, teleportation? Time travel? Sure. No problem.

We're talking such a massive diference that simple things like having 300 mpg cars to address climate changes seems amazingly short sighted. If the government is even only fifty years ahead, it seems far more reasonable to suggest that climate changes were deliberately engineered to create a problem to be fixed.

2400 years

Again...let's think about the scale we're talking about. At 2400 years, you're looking at people in huts. What's the quote?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Arthur C. Clarke

One man with a civil-war era musket rifle could easily pass himself off as a God, and arrange to be worshipped by the masses.

If the government really has that kind of technology...do we really think they're just making cars with better gas mileage?

[edit on 13-2-2008 by LordBucket]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Once again, yes. I'm referring to 'Black Projects'. Stuff hidden away. This is the age of technology. Look at the amazing advancements this past century has unveiled. I don't think it's quite fair to just look at the progress made over the past 1000 yrs. and say that it's a steady progression.

I was using the example of the car to demonstrate that advanced technology IS out there, it just needed a reason to come out. And no, I really don't think this car is considered a millinium ahead of other cars, it was simply an example that people are being held back.

This is the age of technology. We have seen more inventions and advancement in this past century than the past 1000 yrs. combined. But when I say 1300/2400 yrs., I'm referring to top secret black projects.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
@ BigBert81

I think it's hilarious that they come out with a 300 mpg car for $30,000 at the exact time that global warming is all the rage. Ironic timing, or smart marketing?

I don't find that weird at all. I think global warming is the reason why they invented a car like that in the first place. Because it's easy on the environment and we need that now more than ever.

When the first people on the earth began building huts they soon realized that they had a problem, because when it rained, it rained right into their huts and they became all wet, so they invented something called a ROOF.

It's the same thing today (well, not exactly) we have a problem (Global warming) so we invent a solution (the energy saving car).

Anyways, to get back on topic, a good estimate is that our goverment is about 10-20 years ahead of the public.

You can easily find out by looking at past technologies (e.g. planes) that have now been de-classified and you'll see that they've been developed and tested about 10-20 years before the public had the same technology .

I don't think that our government is 1300 years ahead of us...

cheers,

Redshirt0202

new topics

top topics

join