It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dark_matter06

After reading your post I would have to think that not only the Sumerians but a lot of other ancient civilizations are more advanced than we are at the moment

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale
reply to post by Dagar

A number of us have provided links to those sources throughout this thread, obviously only one person has bothered to look at them.

nola

Apologies... I did actually read all the thread... yesterday, and was a tad preocuupied with something else when I replied today, asking for those links. I simply forgot that some of you chaps had already provided a few during the thread.

my bad...

Appreciate the reply anyway

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

No worries mate.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Hm, I wonder if a technologically advanced civilization with all the stuff we have today would conveniently leave behind only their most primitive remains.

It would be like modern civilization vanishing, and future generations finding only barns instead of power plants...

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It all makes sense:

Genesis, in the bible, says: "God created man in His image" and "We created man in Our likeness"

That, along with the Sumerian text which explains the aliens came and mixed their DNA with hominids, explains some of those things. God referring to "himself" as being multiple entities also agrees with the Sumerian text.

It all fits together. Once you know the answer, it completes the puzzle.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by Ketzer22

Sumerians are very interesting indeed.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

classic.

Yes, good question. Why create drawings on clay and walls, if you have the technology to see millions of miles into space?

Makes you wonder if they were getting their info from somewhere/something else eh?

They could have written it on paper, but it would have been long gone by now. They could have burned it to a DVD, but those only last about 10 years. Stone was the smartest way to provide this knowledge for future generations. Look at the Bible, if that was written on stone there wouldn't be 8 denominations teaching different versions of the same book, there wouldn't be 8 translations all varying in meaning, and the religion wouldn't have lost its original meaning.

I think putting it on stone, in picture form (so there could be no translation errors) was the best way for them to preserve this knowledge.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Let's try to Stay on Topic,

And stop the personal sniping, please!

Originally posted by Essan
Anyway, I still enjoy trying to point people in the direction of verifiable facts (I won't be so presumptious to say the truth, though invariably that's what it is, insofar as anything can be 'true'). It's fun (usually) and, I hope, educational and helps people. There will always be new people coming across some of the more outlandish theories for the first time - we were all there once, including me (I really did believe in ancient astronauts and Atlantis in Antarctica once upon a time!)

Well put , Essan!!

I like the way you think, mate. Could you spread some of that around in here?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
No offense to the creator of this thread, nor to the mods... but could someone tell me why OH why, with all the talk and threads about repeat threads, that things are allowed to continue?

Ancient People Smarter then Us

or how about

Why are we the only civilization?

If anything, this links will help add to this discussion.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by evanmontegarde

Exactly. We would at least find scraps. This is where the "illuminati coverup" tends to come in, allowing that the lack of evidence of everything is, of course, evidence in and of itself.

I wish the Sumerians had contact with some super-advanced species of spacefaring people. Why, that'd be cool as hell! But there is zero evidence that they did, and all we have are modern conjecturists (sorry, I can't call some writers "historians") trying to shoehorn modern concepts into Upper Neolithic artwork.

It's my strongly-held beleif that a lot of these "alternative historians" cling heavily to the old approach to Archeology; that is, every monument, every achievement, discovery, or writing by any people, anywhere, hard to have been done by European visitors or was deemed "mysterious" because the "Scientists" couldn't be bothered to believe that brown people could do more than pack luggage around.

The same approach is taken to early humans, with the belief these guys were beetle-browed numbskulls who spent their time hooting and bashing each other with clubs.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Yeah because they drew picture of planets and weird things? Are you sure you're not confusing artist imagination with technology? Technology doesn't just evaporate off the face of the Earth. What have we ever found to make you think this? Sure they may have been some smart lads but observation is not technology. Just my 2 cents, I hope you're right about them, really. I just am not 100% on board... yet.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dark_matter06

Ever watch a discovery channel documentary called "Life After People" or some such name?
Watch it.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Have anyone thought that the picture with the star and planets on it could mean something else?

It probably reads. We are from another sun [solar,star system]. Our home world [planet] is the 7th. planet inward. As you approach our sun.

That is what I would have tell a less advanced world.If I have made a visit to thier planet. I would had told them about a own solar system. I made or made not told them about thier solar system.

But it more likely, yet them find out themself.

[edit on 9-2-2008 by kennethmd]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
[URL=http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ats51767tablet2ev2.jpg]
[/URL ]
What about the other object that is shown right in between the two men on the tablet? Would that be another planet or what?

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Great signature! Wish I had thought of that.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
one in front of the guy nose? It suppose to be a planet which most believe it is Nibiru. I myself think it is a planet that the Nibiruans are builting a base on or in it orbit.
Where that planet is located? I don't even know. It could had been in Earth solar system or some near by solar system.
But they had needed the base for something. I think base was spacestation that orbiting a planet. That the Nibiruans was planning to terreform. But somehow they abandon it or had put it on hold.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

Exactly .. its what i was thinking of , I mean if they were so intelligent and had the technology to even describe the color of Uranus as light green , they should have been so intelligent to have a better looking understandable writings and some left over pieces of their instruments in a well built shelter
All I can say it really confuses me doesn’t it ?

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
so because they have a drawing of the solar system, which includes objects that are the hardest to see, but missed things that are easier to see (moons) they are as advanced as us? No, just no. Perhaps more advanced then we previously gave them credit for, yes. As advanced as us? Nowhere near. Wheres there long distance transportation? Flight technology? Genetic research? Medical science? COMPUTERS? If our civilization were to die off, there would still be ALOT of interesting stuff left even after 8000 years.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
well since no one mentioned in this thread that the earth infact has '2 moons' (Cruithne) shows me that people here and people back then where not so smart after all may'be. Oh and just because our 2nd moon is on a 750 year cicle doesn't really matter on a gallactic scale. if the sumarians can say the moon was a planet we can say we have 2 of them.

but the "PROOF" in the headline got me.. normaly that means from multiple sources but in this case it remains very much a mistery

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr UAE
I mean if they were so intelligent and had the technology to even describe the color of Uranus as light green , they should have been so intelligent to have a better looking understandable writings and some left over pieces of their instruments in a well built shelter

Better looking? You mean made of paper like we use today? So it could decay for 3000 years and fall apart when someone tries to turn the pages? Not to mention the letters wouldn't be nearly as comprehensible as the images the Sumerians actually used. How would that be more advanced? I responded to the post you refer to earlier at a little more length, but I don't understand why a clay tablet must automatically be considered primitive.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThemacX
well since no one mentioned in this thread that the earth infact has '2 moons' (Cruithne) shows me that people here and people back then where not so smart after all may'be. Oh and just because our 2nd moon is on a 750 year cicle doesn't really matter on a gallactic scale. if the sumarians can say the moon was a planet we can say we have 2 of them.

but the "PROOF" in the headline got me.. normaly that means from multiple sources but in this case it remains very much a mistery

Cruithne is a asteroid that orbit the sun. It does traval through Earth orbiting path. As will as Venus and Mars orbiting path.
For Cruithne to be Earth second moon it would have to orbit the earth only and the sun cannot be in between them. Because part of it orbit.Bring it beyond the otherside of the sun where the Earth is orbiting the sun.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join