It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cormac mac airt

Thanks cormac, thought that was the case?

I try research but do you agree its hard to find credible directions to follow.

If you have any links places to visit you may know of, or any other, to help me trawl a bit I would appreciate it.

On another note the picture of the so called "seal" with the helicopter, jet, and the sub. I may be wrong but this I dont think was a seal it was above an ancient doorway to an ancient building. Did you see that picture? It was in thread 2 I think?

Am i wrong but I thought a seal was exactly that.....a seal. (padlock) not a note above a doorway saying something which obviously we all cant come to a conclusion about.

I still marvel at these ancient texts it does interest the mind. For the de-bunkers............I,m glad I have a mind that is open!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

"A perfect depiction of our heliocentric solar system, with the moon included (the Sumerians considered the Moon a planet)."

Oh, really?

I think it looks like maybe a star (or the Moon) and a few stray dots, maybe indicating planets, maybe indicating other stars. Assuming they actually are planets, most of them vary only slightly in diameter, completely unlike the actual planets. They all seem to be in pretty much the same orbit, too, which is wrong any way you slice it. As for the number, I suppose you can make it work if you want to stretch it to include some minor planets. Otherwise, it looks like that was just all the dots they could easily fit in that little space between the characters.

Anyway, rather than "perfect," I think it's actually a pretty lousy representation of the solar system, and worse than your average 4th grader can do for a Science Fair. Personally, I'd rather give them credit for creating some interesting artwork, rather than being completely ignorant astronomers.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just a little side note here:
In the days of Christopher Columbus most of the people of the Earth believed the world was flat. Yet 8000 years ago the Sumerians knew that it was round along with the other planets of our solar system. It proves they were more advanced then civilizations thousands of years later. Hence, the Sumerian civilization must have been completely wiped out at some point in history which in turn totally erased this realization from the people of Earth until the actual carvings in stone and clay were discovered which coincidentally was after the fact that the people of Earth had found out that the planet was actually round on their own . Is it possible that the Annunaki wanted to slow the advancement of Earthly civilization in order the people of Earth do not become advanced enough to totally understand all that is needed to become an independent planet capable of its own defense from those who have created them before the actual unknown planet`s (planet x) orbit brings it close enough to Earth for the second stage in whatever it is that they actually have planned?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Considering that the self proclaimed "Knowledgeable" folks are basing their study and beliefs on previous observations made by others to which they credit their research.
It would seem that all "scientific facts" are to be considered theories or best guess regardless of the subject, as they are made through observations, ideas, and execution of experiments. A scientist isn't a scientist until they call themselves one.

Science and technology are not completely accurate and history is the proof of this.

To disregard any thought that others propose based on your "research" by "Academics" is as open to criticism as any of the labeled "alternative theories".

[edit on 7-2-2008 by LockwithnoKey]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
He does have a point. Thanks to High Criticism, many texts that may be historically accurate in some accounts have been labeled as mythology or as religious texts due to the fact that they have supernatural occurrences. However as certain characters and events are discovered to have actually existed that were once thought myth, historians rarely go back and try to put them where they would have existed and instead try to make them fit into our notion of history thus leading to many errors in modern history. I mean for years Gilgamesh was thought of as a literary character and that the Epic of Gilgamesh was completely fictional, but a few years back the tomb of Gilgamesh was found. So, you have to ask yourself, how many of the religious texts and myths actually talking about real events.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

OR perhaps it was passed down from other older vanished for all intents and purposes now civilizations.
I don't know about the whole alien visitation theory.
But I can see where others come to that point.
That and the whole "we are genetically engineered somethings smacks of more of mankind's attempts to be special.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Accuracy seems to be a weak area in this enviroment which is supposed to be accurate.

Pardon the pun.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
So, you have to ask yourself, how many of the religious texts and myths actually talking about real events.

Some, maybe. But you just can't go around assuming that all religious texts and myths were absolutely based on true events. People do write fiction, you know, and always have. It would be like somebody 3,000 years from now trying to find the mythical city of Metropolis to verify the Book of Superman.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

what a statement!

thats like saying STOP! dont look no more is it not

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

what do you think of this:

Hi AshleyD,

You may be interested in a thread relating to a debate about "ancient astronauts" that I participated in.

I addressed this photograph as part of that debate, specifically in this post.

(In the course of the same debate, I also addressed several of the other matters raised in the current thread).

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

this is the thread we are talking about!

Some say its a sand wedge. Some a helicopter and a modern jet.

Ah ha what do you think

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Thank you very much Isaac. I was actually just reading that debate between you and Skyfloating last night after running some searches about the photograph and read your explanation of it. Thank you, again.

That is what I was looking for- a logical explanation for the inscription.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Hello Isaac

question! Why is there so much knowledge written in heiroglyphs about how the egyptians lived but nothing about how they built the pyramids,

Kind of strange me thinks and that goes out to anyone who thinks he has knowledge enough to answer this question which I think not !!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Well yes, of course you can't take everything as historical fact, but you also can't disregard it all as fiction. And also, if you look at a lot of our fiction you'll still be able to get a general idea of our society and even some of our history.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Here's the explanation for it:
www.catchpenny.org...

[edit on 7-2-2008 by metatronscube]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Lockwithnokey, csulli and Xcalibur, those were very good points. I get frustrated with those who accept modern scientific and historical conclusions as the final answer.
That kind of close-mindedness is what has stalled human progress for centuries.
To be quite honest I am starting to doubt modern astro-physics over the new electrical Sun model.

This thread is more successful than I had hoped and I learned just as much from those of you that disagree as those of you that are like-minded. So thank you everyone.

Anyway, I almost pulled my hair out trying to find it again but I did. I doubt it's the "Nibiru" because it's diameter is only 265 km, but it has a 3240 year orbit which is about the closest to 3,600 I have seen so far. The name of it is (148209) 2000 CR105. It is the third most distant object in the solar system.
Link

So far it is a complete mystery how Sedna and (148209) 2000 CR105 were put into their massive orbits. The only hypothesis I have heard is that they were pulled into orbit by a star passing by or a distant and undiscovered giant planet.

Another anomaly that fascinates me as well as modern astronomers is the "Kuiper cliff".
Quoted from wiki: Kuiper belt; Kuiper Cliff

The 1:2 resonance appears to be an edge beyond which few objects are known. It is not clear whether it is actually the outer edge of the Classical belt or just the beginning of a broad gap. Objects have been detected at the 2:5 resonance at roughly 55 AU, well outside the classical belt; however, predictions of a large number of bodies in classical orbits between these resonances have not been verified through observation.[53]

Earlier models of the Kuiper belt had suggested that the number of large objects would increase by a factor of two beyond 50 AU;[57] so this sudden drastic falloff, known as the "Kuiper cliff", was completely unexpected, and its cause, to date, is unknown. Bernstein and Trilling et al. have found evidence that the rapid decline in objects of 100 km or more in radius beyond 50 AU is real, and not due to observational bias. Possible explanations include that material at that distance is too scarce or too scattered to accrete into large objects, or that subsequent processes removed or destroyed those which did form.[58] Alan Stern of the Southwest Research Institute has claimed that the gravitational attraction of an unseen large planetary object, perhaps the size of Earth or Mars, might be responsible.[53]

Again we have an astronomical anomaly that so far can be explained by the existence of a planet.
Perhaps Sedna is not the Nibiru, and it still has yet to be discovered.
Or, it has already been discovered and is being kept secret from us. I have heard rumors about various secretive observatories, does anyone know of any?

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Trauma]

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Trauma]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by Ketzer22

Sumerians are very interesting indeed.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

classic.

Yes, good question. Why create drawings on clay and walls, if you have the technology to see millions of miles into space?

Makes you wonder if they were getting their info from somewhere/something else eh?

the OP ment that they were advanced in there knowledge rather then technnology.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Interesting, I just found some more proposed theories of Sitchin that tie into some of the mainstream hypothesis like how the moon and asteroid belt were formed.
en.wikipedia.org...

Sitchin's theory proposes the planets Tiamat and Nibiru. Tiamat supposedly existed between Mars and Jupiter. He postulated that it was a thriving world in a much differently shaped solar system, with jungles and oceans, whose orbit was disrupted by the arrival of a large planet or very small star (less than twenty times the size of Jupiter) which passed through the solar system between 65 million and four billion years ago. The new orbits caused Tiamat to collide with one of the moons of this object, which is known as Nibiru. The debris from this collision are thought by the theory's proponents to have variously formed the asteroid belt, the moon, and the current incarnation of the planet Earth.

To the Babylonians, Nibiru was the celestial body or region sometimes associated with the god Marduk. The word is Akkadian and the meaning is uncertain. Because of this, the hypothetical planet Nibiru is sometimes also referred to as Marduk. Sitchin hypothesizes it as a planet in a highly elliptic orbit around the Sun, with a perihelion passage some 3,600 years ago and assumed orbital period of about 3,600 to 3,760 years or 3,741 years, he also claims it was the home of a technologically advanced human-like alien race, the Anunnaki, which would have visited Earth in search of gold particles.

I had never heard of this information before. The mainstream theory of how the moon was formed is from a huge collision with Earth with a Mars sized body. The body was supposedly pulled by a passing star towards Earth from the Kuiper Belt. The theory of why Sedna and (148209) 2000 CR105 were thrown into their enormous orbits is very similar: a passing star. Perhaps that's how Nibiru was pushed into our solar system's orbit. For all we know it was a temporary orbit and it will never pass again.
It's interesting that the Babylonians also had a celestial body named Nibiru.
Does anyone know where Sitchin got the idea of a 3,600 year orbit from anyways?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Well, Carl Sagan has said that we are starstuff.

We are the local embodiment of a Cosmos grown to self-awareness. We have
begun to contemplate our origins: starstuff pondering the stars. Carl Sagan,
Cosmos, 1980
www.thegreatstory.org...

That's a step up, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The thing I notice is on the bottom right:

It looks like the 3 pyramids in Egypt and above them is the stars that make up the belt of the Orion constellation. They built these 3 pyramids to align with Orion's belt right?

Pyramids in red. Orion's belt in purple

Pyramids

Orion's Belt

Anyone else see what I'm talking about? I glanced through the thread and I didn't see any images of what I'm talking about, but if it's already been mentioned, I apologize.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join