It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF that Ancient Civilizations were as advanced as us!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Why not keep records on photoshop or other media that so called modern man has created. Well stone will last longer in "most" but not all types of catastrophy. I would also agree that these ancient societies were aided and assisted by others not of this world and that would neatly explain their ability to know our solar system as well as other things.

So what we need to do is recognize that civilizations before our own time period on this world, while to us might have left what we consider as ancient means of record keeping and such, but does that really make them ancient in the sense that we have been taught to believe.

If we look at these past societies we often find artifacts that stand up to the tests of nature and time. I would say that is some pretty smart stuff and who is really telling us the finds that are actually left behind that we only hear rumor of. If the rumors are true, then there have been many times in our past that what we call ancient civilizations are really only ancient in that they existed in our past, but it would very well appear that they had abilities either they developed or were given to them by others that made them modern for thier time frames. Who is to say that all this advancement that most of us have witnessed is not technology that we were aided by others in developing as well.

I myself would have to say that whomever the so called ancients were or helped by it is obvious they had technological means beyond our own in many ways that most it seems would not admit to, cause we were taught to not believe or admit to it in the first place.

The ancient structures and the stone tablets and such have held up very well to time and nature that it would in my humble opinon take someone with some wisdom to think of such means of record keeping knowing full well that such would stand up to the elements and time and a lot of other destructive events. Are we so sure that photoshop and computer drives and such will really stand up the same? Do we even care if it does?

It has been proven for another exmaple that the pyramids even with all the modern constuction technology that we have, we could not easily reproduce it with the percision and complexity that they once were and still in most instances still show us even today. At least we have those scholar types that have actually figured out many of the secrets about their construction and how they are aliegned and such. Phenominal stuff that these so called ancient peoples built and left behind. But why did they leve it behind? What was their motivation? Per chance were they trying to tell us something and had the wisdom to know how to do it in a manner that would stand up to nature and time.

It is all fascinating stuff. And by the way, I am not picking on the photoshop comment. I just felt that was a good jumping off point for my commentary. Are we really to be considered the smartest and most advanced just because they are from the past and we are the present? That would be a good point to discuss.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
I've read a lot of stuff about the Sumerians. And to answer your question bert- The Sumerians believed in the Annunaki which translates to "those who from heaven came to earth" and they believed the Annunaki were their gods. The way they knew about all this stuff was that they were told by the annunaki who are supposedly from the 12th planet of the Sumerians.. or our 10th planet.. or 9th if you don't want to include pluto anymore. Sumerians are very interesting indeed.. But what I don't understand is if they were so advanced, why make drawings on clay? Why not do something on photoshop?

the reason is because we can look at it today. metal rusts and fades...wood rots...papers dissolve to dust....this is something quite lasting, hence we are reading it today. And yes, they were advanced enough to not be tampering with environmentally destructive chemicals and processes that would create a material that would outlast anything natural...but be harmful in the process.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Jason Martell has a great site that shows how ancient civilizations have been here before and still are here in my humble opinion. www.xfacts.com... . Myself I do not necessarily believe Sitchin's theories. Some are right on, but some are totally wrong. The "Book of Enoch" speaks of the Watchers, this in my opinion, tells what really happened. If you study enough you will find the "Watchers" have been here all along and still are now. It is very possible for other Enities to be here right on earth or under the sea or under the ground or in another diminision. www.raidersnewsupdate.com... for those looking for information is also a great site for info. It is just another side of this. It is evident that we can not build a structure like the Pyramid of Giza now and many of the ziggurates around the world are amazing. Myself, I think we have devolved. www.beforeus.com... is also a great site for those who want to check out. No telling how many times the world has been destroyed and rebuilt. I believe the "Watchers" that lived on the top of Zigguats were possibly the "Fallen Angels" or the ones who fell from there first estate, or came down and had sex with the women on earth as in Gen. 6:2 and released knowledge to mankind. These Angelic beings had knowledge that we did not have and they shared that with us. These gods as we saw them because they must have appeared as gods to us, because they were so much more advanced than us, but not advanced to the point of creating the universe. These guys are still here pulling the strings behind the curtain and have and are releasing technology to us right now. We have come to far to quick in my opinion. Just give it a thought, I am not trying to change anybodies opinion about God.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonar
Why not keep records on photoshop or other media that so called modern man has created.

How would it be stored? On a hard drive? What's the shelf life on a hard drive? They haven't been around even 100 years yet, but I bet they would eventually corrode or somehow break down and give corrupt data. And if some future civilization came upon it, would they know what to do with it? In other words, would it be as immediately comprehensible as the Sumerian tablet? They might have to first figure out how to reconstruct a device to interpret the data (reinvent our computer, not to mention our entire English language along the way). It just doesn't seem as though it would be as easy, elegant, or as long-lasting as what the Sumerians did. Our technological advancements have really been pretty arbitrary and I don't think there's any reason we should believe another civilization should have followed exactly in our footsteps if they were also advanced technologically.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

And I suppose despite being ultra-advanced and with access to the technology of interstellar space lords, they would be totally unable to have such basic things as hard plastics, corrosion-free alloys, paper laminates, wafered circuitry, and all the other millions of little bits and peices of data storage we use that will still be around for a long, long time because we designed it to be damn near indestructable?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThemacX
well since no one mentioned in this thread that the earth infact has '2 moons' (Cruithne) shows me that people here and people back then where not so smart after all may'be.

Cruithne is not in orbit around the Earth. It is therefore not a satellite of Earth and (also) therefore not Earth's "second moon," though it is sometimes called that.

Harte

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by bsbray11

And I suppose despite being ultra-advanced and with access to the technology of interstellar space lords, they would be totally unable to have such basic things as hard plastics, corrosion-free alloys, paper laminates, wafered circuitry, and all the other millions of little bits and peices of data storage we use that will still be around for a long, long time because we designed it to be damn near indestructable?

And yes, they were advanced enough to not be tampering with environmentally destructive chemicals and processes that would create a material that would outlast anything natural...but be harmful in the process.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by avalonandon

So how did they reach that level of technology? Human technology usually follows the same pattern: "primitive"->"mass produced but environmentally unfriendly"->"mass produced but environmentally friendly" (the "primitive" phase is a little diffuse, but we're talking something pre-massproduction, such as the earliest crappy cars before Ford came along). I agree with TheWalkingFox. We leave a terrible mess after us. Just walk into a random building and look hard. There's metals, plastics, concrete everywhere. Hell something as simple as a door handle is gonna last quite a while.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by merka]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I read this with great interest...the only thing I have to say is: It's all about Nibiru. NASA recently sent probes to the other side of the sun, has been admittedly doing experiments on the shuttle dealing with 'interplanetary magnetism', etc. I believe it is why the US went to Iraq- to acquire these stone texts from the museum where they were held, and to get control of ERIDU, gateway to the underground, only 186 miles SW of Baghdad...the only way to survive the 600 years or so Nibiru is passing us is to be underground. It's 3600 year orbit would fit in with many timetables of earth's changes that we do not yet understand...Would explain inbreeding and some of the currently discovered genetic information about humans, cave art, massive animal deaths, layers of strata with almost all living things shown to have been decimated, why mammals know how to hibernate...a lot of things...every continent has caves that were used to survive its passing, there are massive and highly decorated caves in Malaysia, Australia, North America, Europe, and --remember Chariots of the Gods? I don't necessarily believe in other living creatures from Nibiru, but the ancient people did-and remember-the Annunaki worshiped Marduk-that translates to Mollech-the owl god worshiped by the US leaders at the Bohemian Grove. They know about Nibiru-and are laying plans for their descendants to survive its passing...high winds, magnetism that makes our volcanoes pop, pole shifts...it probably won't be here for another hundred years-don't panic-there is nothing to fear but fear itself...

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
reply to post by avalonandon

So how did they reach that level of technology? Human technology usually follows the same pattern: "primitive"->"mass produced but environmentally unfriendly"->"mass produced but environmentally friendly" (the "primitive" phase is a little diffuse, but we're talking something pre-massproduction, such as the earliest crappy cars before Ford came along). I agree with TheWalkingFox. We leave a terrible mess after us. Just walk into a random building and look hard. There's metals, plastics, concrete everywhere. Hell something as simple as a door handle is gonna last quite a while.

[edit on 11-2-2008 by merka]

I am with Merka here, as anyone that gives the subject a few seconds of thought must be.

There is no way a culture can go from nothing immediately to a technology that leaves no ecological or environmental footprint.

The existence of any such technology is questionable in any case. But there can be no doubt that it would require a progression through basic technologies to get there.

Harte

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Nothing about genetic manipulation. just your usual "gods making people from dirt" myths

Actually why do you think that many creation stories refer to us being created from the dirt or from something that comes from the ground? The answer is simple. Basically when you look at it, we are made up of many different minerals such as iron, zinc, copper, and so on. This is why blood has a metallic taste. This is also why when an imbalance of minarals in our bodies occur it can cause adverse health effects and even death. We can literally be poisoned by minerals even though they are not poisonous by nature. Alot of people get rashes from certain metals also ingesting minerals can be used to treat adverse health effects.

So basically if you told an ancient man how we were made, from elements that are all around us, and that DNA or blood was the code for building us, they would perceive this as earth and blood. Hey isn't that what the Sumarians thought? You must understand that less developed cultures are limited in their describing of things to only the words in their vocabularies that exist at the time not to mention the current understandings of science.

An airplane to someone a couple thousand years ago would simply be described as a bird. On closer inspection when viewing people coming out of it it becomes a type of vessel or chariot if you will. And anyone that certainly wields that type of "magic" has got to be a god or is in league with the gods at least.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

This is really a nice piece. I'm so tired of academic types saying that the ancients could not have been "advanced". How many more times are they going to tell us that acient civilations were not capable of these feets.
Keep up the good work!!!

[edit on 11-2-2008 by wolf241e]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

There's also stories of us being formed from blood clots of hte gods, fire, and of course having always existed.

The idea of making people from mud / soil / dirt, whatever... Is because people make things out of that material and it's only logical that the gods would create their toys in the same way.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

Except that piece is saying exactly what you're tired of - that these people could not have devised or accomplished anything without aliens dropping everything off on them.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
And I suppose despite being ultra-advanced and with access to the technology of interstellar space lords

Because I'm the one that said that, right? Who are you talking to?

On a subject that may or may not be related, I have read of numerous reports from a Readers Digest compilation of all kinds of odd pieces of metal embedded in rocks or in a pyramid or etc. that seem to defy explanation. Not being close-minded to the idea that all of that could have been discovered by someone in some time past. But that wasn't me with the ET tech thing.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just to put a spin on the concept of who is more "advanced."

The Romans started building a temple to Jupiter (Zeus) near Jerusalem that involved 1200-ton stone columns being moved great distances sat upright on a hill. There is no modern engineering precedent for this and short of some new technology being developed, we can't do that today. Cranes can't lift anywhere near 1200 tons (more like 20 tons usually at the max range). I'm pretty sure you couldn't physically fit enough people around one of them to begin to lift it. But the Romans moved and lifted them somehow.

Notice the man standing next to the right-most column in the image for a reference.

Man standing on an unused piece, with the temple ruins visible in the far background:

[edit on 12-2-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
There is no modern engineering precedent for this and short of some new technology being developed, we can't do that today. Cranes can't lift anywhere near 1200 tons (more like 20 tons usually at the max range).

This is a pure lie. Well maybe not about the Roman thing, but about the crane lifting power. The worlds largest land based crane can lift 1500 tonnes. The largest tower crane can lift in the vicinity of 130 tonnes. The worlds largest water based crane can lift no less than 14,200 tonnes in total (7100 tonnes per crane).

People making this claim seem to have no clue about modern engineering and live in the 19th century or something.

Yes we would need a newly designed crane to lift a 1200 ton block (because we have new ways of making buildings so we dont need it today), but we are more than qualified to do it from a technological standpoint.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by merka]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
This is a pure lie.

That would be a lie if you had been wrong intentionally.

I qualified my statement, thus I was not talking about the world's largest crane. I knew there would be exceptions but I do not care about them. The Romans did not have cranes, did they? And since you like technicalities so much, I used the word "cranes" in plural so you have to prove to me there are multiples of such cranes to even be right about that.

Yes we would need a newly designed crane to lift a 1200 ton block

Then what is your point? I'm glad pumping your ego gives you a rush but none of this post really contradicts any of the points I was trying to make.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
Actually why do you think that many creation stories refer to us being created from the dirt or from something that comes from the ground? The answer is simple. Basically when you look at it, we are made up of many different minerals such as iron, zinc, copper, and so on. This is why blood has a metallic taste.

Actually the answer is even simpler than that. It is because life can be seen coming from the ground every spring.

Of course we're made from dirt, so is the grass which is eaten by the deer which we eat etc. etc.

Similarly, there exist creation myths involving people being made from the semen of a masturbating god. Do I really need to point out where they got that idea?

I qualified my statement, thus I was not talking about the world's largest crane. I knew there would be exceptions but I do not care about them. The Romans did not have cranes, did they?

The Romans certainly did have cranes. Huge cranes. Many, many of them in fact.

Originally posted by bsbray11And since you like technicalities so much, I used the word "cranes" in plural so you have to prove to me there are multiples of such cranes to even be right about that.

Hardly. It's well known by anyone that is interested that the Romans had gigantic cranes. The fact that you personally were not aware of this timeworn and well-established fact does not indicate that somebody else is under some weird obligation to "prove" to you, an individual too lazy to find out for yourself, the existence of machinery that's long been known about.

Yes we would need a newly designed crane to lift a 1200 ton block

Then what is your point? I'm glad pumping your ego gives you a rush but none of this post really contradicts any of the points I was trying to make.

The point is that we no longer use gigantic stones to build things so we don't have a cadre of giant cranes sitting around waiting to place a hundred thousand 100 ton stones in a stack to make some building out of.

If somebody was foolish enough to decide to build that way today, it would be incumbent on them to arrange to have some such cranes cobbled together. Yes, cobbled together. Cranes today are like a mix and match collection of crane parts. The big ones are anyway.

If we today were to try and build what the Romans built at Baalbek, it would require a new crane. Not a new design of crane, just a bigger crane than is right now at this moment available for lifting such large stones on dry land.

However, if you look into it, you'll see that the quarry at Baalbek is actually at a higher elevation than the temple so the stones were never "lifted" there in the first place.

Regarding the pieces that make the gigantic columns, the stone carving of these pieces is far more impressive than the mere lifting into place of these pieces. But, there are surviving drawings of this sort of operation at work, showing the giant cranes that you want to have the existence of "proven" to you.

Harte

[edit on 2/12/2008 by Harte]

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I might add to Hartes statement that the Romans not only had big cranes to lift big things, but they had pretty advanced cranes too. With pulley systems and treadwheels, just a couple of men could lift several tons.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by merka]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join