It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to kill prostate cancer!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tacocheesey
Does anyone have experience with an herbal sleep aid, that is not melatonin?
Went and told doc. about it. Said there is nothing else they can give besides rozarem and that didn't help me at all either..
Some delicious wake me ups would be good too...with a antidepressant/paxil chaser... Anything that gives the pain relief of darvocet or any of the type without obviously being an opiate since i am allergic to all but darvocet..

I think I'd start by being really careful with that cocktail...witness Heath Ledger's recent failure in drug-juggling..painkillers and anti-anxiety meds, and so on.

I'd also say the doctor needs to be bitch-slapped if that's the extent of his response. Some of this sounds like my ex, who was/is casually bi-polar, so you might like to talk to a shrink who could better analyse your symptoms and narrow down your choices. You need to exercise serious caution with taking on herbal medicine on top of what you're already taking because certain ones have active medicinal traits and will piggyback your regular meds to dangerous levels. I wouldn't do it without talking to a naturopath and laying all your meds on the table.

But I'd start with the shrink...just to get the meds straight. I know that's contrary to an 'alternative medicine' thread, but he also has the diagnostic skills.
Good luck.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
While it is not miracles. Try (at least) half a tomato a day for awhile. Cooked tomatoes are OK in this. I do not think Pizza, or Italian food will help the waistline. V8 vegetable juice if you can afford it, and can stand it would not be so bad.

There is a theory that eating a handful of either cauliflower or Asparagus each day would have the effect of raising ones testosterone in older men (over forty). Does not seem to help me. Sigh.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyful
While it is not miracles. Try (at least) half a tomato a day for awhile. Cooked tomatoes are OK in this. I do not think Pizza, or Italian food will help the waistline. V8 vegetable juice if you can afford it, and can stand it would not be so bad.

What I've read is that spaghetti sauce is actually pretty good if you watch the fats...concentrated lycopine is the good guy here. V8 has a bunch of sodium (salt) in it as my wife just helpfully pointed out the other day.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

OOPs, I guess I should have been more clear. I didn't want to take any herbal supplements, treatments, concurrently with prescribed meds. I wanted to switch. And cocktail was the wrong choice. Was meant more of a description of how I would rather take a few herbs than prescribed chemicals that are probably going to be proven completely unsafe in the years to come. You know, when the long term effects show up in the gen. pop.

As far as my behaviors, totally can see where you could see it as a manic phase. Same symptoms. The only thing is, it is a side effect of the ambien. While more commonly associated with sleep eating and sleep driving, there are other things that can happen too. It really isn't a safe drug because of these effects, which is why I am looking for something different, not for use at the same time.

Sorry for making it look like i was a drug mixing bipolar, who is an od risk. Thank you though for the concern, it is actually very appreciated as if someone is thinking of mixing all this stuff, your reply may keep them from doing it. I know a lot about interactions and bioavailability, half lives and such, so I am not going to be mixing and risking that kind of thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread. And you are right, leave the controversy to other areas. Everyone is different from the balances in their biochemistry to the functions of the organs that regulate and produce them. The best policy is to be inclusive of allopathic while, like your father, optimizing without compromising with alternative approaches. Medicine is growing, and there are serious blanks in our understanding.

I myself found that exorcise and diet manages MANY things, most of which for me was type 2 Diabetes. My wife of 26 years and I use herbal and practical remedies in addition to conventional medicine. Also, self education throughout our lives on the subjects make us better consumers of medical, herbal and alternative, helping us know what we do not want.

One of the common "cures" for Diabetes we found was Nopal, commonly known as Prickly Pear Cactus. But while this has helped many people, especially Mexican American people and family we know, it might be different for others. I will check on possible Capsicum content in Nopal.

Thanks, good post. Flagging star.

Originally posted by tacocheesey
Does anyone have experience with an herbal sleep aid, that is not melatonin?

A very gentile herbal for help with sleep is Valerian Root, but while this is fairly safe and benign, your problem could be caused by many other things. You should work with your doctor or a certified practitioner to discover the actual causation for this problem. It could be diet, environment, anxiety or a symptom of something else. Besides this herb even in capsule smells like your husbands dirty socks, I kid you not.

In any case educate and look into the contraindications for other drugs or treatment you are taking and see a good doctor. You could solve many problems with a good diagnosis.

ZG

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
As a sleeping aid, and according to some Portuguese sites I searched, you can use Maypop (Passiflora incarnata) or St John's wort (Hypericum perforatum).

St John's wort should be taken with care because it may interact with other medicines.

Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is also said to be good at helping people to relax and sleep.

Here in Portugal, even is small towns, is common to have more than one store where we can buy herbs, although most of these stores today sell mostly vitamins and other supplements we can still buy dried plants or leafs to make our own teas and infusions.

I don't know if there are such stores in the US, and if there are what they are called. In Portugal we call them "ervanárias".

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tacocheesey

You probably think too much and your mind is racing, right? I used to do that at night because for some reason I tend to have new designs come into my head when I'm most sedentary. I don't know how many products I have invented this way but it gets annoying when you're trying to sleep. What helped me first was Xanax or the milder Alprazolam. I never had a problem with them becoming a habit but it's always best to follow your doctors advice as well as the dosage instructions.

Anyway, a better solution would be to focus on something repetitive. I always dreamed of being a major league pitcher, so I would picture myself going thru the motions of pitching. Believe it or not after throwing about 4 pitches I would drift off to sleep. It helped to block off all the other thoughts running rampant thru my mind and after awhile I was able to just think about walking up to the mound and seeing the baseball in my hand and my body and mind were so used to the routine that I would drift off right away. I also think a calming routine is important before bed. Don't go to bed after watching something too dramatic or bad on TV. Don't go to bed in the middle of an argument. You get the idea, right?

My mom was prescribed Paxil and it seems to be working for her. She's 70 and is always on edge about something. It took years of this staying up all night and us kids telling her to ask for something. She finally broke down and asked. I definitely would do something natural first though. If you can avoid medications it's always best to do so but sometimes if you've exhausted all efforts, medications can help.

I want to thank the pumpkin oil guy for the tip! I'm going to try it myself as I have that getting up 5 times a night to urinate problem. I can remember years ago when I could hold like a gallon of pee before I had to go. Getting old? You said it brother! Seems half the posters in this thread are dealing with prostate issues.

Finally, most reputable hot sauces have very little or no salt in them. Always good to check though.

Sorry, didn't mean to write a book.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
don't know if anybody knows this place or whatever but

CureZone.com is a great site with lots of alternative medicine forums and even a cool conspiracy forum too. This and ATS gotta be the two cresent fresh websites on the web.

I recently learned about oil pulling and it has been the easiest little thing that has helped my health alot.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Where "mind racing" is going on, and trying to solve problems as a cause of insomnia, it may be a unique problem that certain individuals have, and their minds are wired differently. This happens to me on occasion, particularly when I have been working on heavy mental issues. I find that a mild stimulant calms my mind and lets me sleep. Whatever stimulates the Reticular system will calm the rest of the mind. Some are calmed by sedatives, and others are calmed by stimulants.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So how does treating a swollen prostate translate to a cancer cure? This article is deceptive.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
^If you had taken a few moments to actually read the articles in each of the links i have provided you would find the answer to your question. Try to restrain yourself from making mindless comments and instead of skimming the post read it entirely, if you aren't willing to read it entirely then don't reply to the thread.

It is a very simple concept that even simple minds can grasp.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
^If you had taken a few moments to actually read the articles in each of the links i have provided you would find the answer to your question.
It is a very simple concept that even simple minds can grasp.

Thing is, there are articles up the ying-yang...if I may be forgiven a real obvious pun...but I don't hear anybody coming up to me saying "Hey, guess how I cured my prostate cancer!!" Personally, I'm tired of the ton of anecdotal evidence that's out there...second, third or forth hand. And most of it is attached to some manner of separating me from my money.

I still believe that you can help yourself along using complementary medicines, but right now there are three cures out there...if caught early enough...burn, poison, and slash. If I'm wrong, then that lucky soul can tell us here in this forum. Anything else is malarkey

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Thanks to your post and some online research, I've purchased a bottle from Nature's Way, 40,000 HU and have started taking it at breakfast.

I notice that about 15" after taking the capsule (with a breakfast of oatmeal), I notice a sensation similar to heartburn, but slightly different. It seems to peak at 30-45" and then starts to subside at one hour. It's not unpleasant, unlike the burning from heartburn, which seems to rise up the esophagus. This is confined to the stomach, apparently. I'd suggest not taking it on an empty stomach. I'm not sure if I want to take more than one per day. I don't currently suffer from heartburn, but have had it a few times in the distant past.

(Also noticed a very slight burning in the bathroom the next day as the cayenne passed through.)

I plan to take the whole bottle of 100 caps at 1 per day and see if the effects change. I'll also probably get blood drawn for a cholesterol screening in a month or so and we'll see if there are any effects that may be attributed to taking this.

Please don't take this as an endorsement or suggestion of the product or the vendor. I'm simply providing a follow up.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is the fourth day I've taken the Cayenne pepper from Nature's Way and this time I did not feel the slight burning sensation.

I actually ate some fish for lunch about 10-15 min after taking the Cayenne, so in a sense I took it without food. I don't think this had any bearing; it may be that I've just acclimated to it.

Since I was a bit concerned at the burning sensation, I'm glad it seems to have stopped or diminished. If this continues, I'll add another capsule at dinner.

In addition to the Cayenne, I've been eating a cup of Oatmeal and some Olive Oil each day, with the hope of lowering my LDL Cholesterol. I've been eating the Oatmeal and Olive Oil for about six weeks.

More later, if anything changes.

This seems to be a good link describing the relationship between Cayenne and Cholesterol. Again, I'm not advocating or promoting, just reporting.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
I am a research scientist in the area of prostate cancer. Please do not stop the treatment your fathers doctors are giving him as this is probably the best known treatment available. Any alternative treatments are fine

Just for the record, I brought my accelerating PSA down a couple of notches over the past couple of months by adding more fish, pomegranate and blueberry juices, essiac tea and a budwig flaxoil/cottage cheese/blueberry mix. It's not enough for me to turn down the radiation, but enough that I'll continue the pattern to try and ameliorate the effects.

People ask me what I'm doing for the cancer...I respond that I'm doing what any rational individual would do. Drinking herb tea and getting a tattoo. Happy Trails.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Capsaicin comes from the seeds and ribs of peppers. The hottest of which are habanera. All pepper/hot sauces have capsaicin.

There is no prescription needed to purchase capsaicin capsules.

Although many doctors are under the misconception, seldom are spicy foods (from peppers) the cause of gastrointestinal problems. Capsaicin is in fact quite beneficial to the body.

Naga peppers are actually hotter at over 1,000,000 Scoville Units

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
lets not forget about the "essiac" tea and how it cured and is still curing so many people with cancer.

www.drglumandassociates.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
lets not forget about the "essiac" tea and how it cured and is still curing so many people with cancer.
www.drglumandassociates.com...

I am currently doing an agressive essiac tea therapy...as I said above...along with some other goodies, and I am still going for the radiation therapy for prostate cancer. If it is making a difference, it is not large enough to suspend conventional treatment.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
This is a great thread. Thanks to the OP and others for their contributions.
Not surprising, hot peppers made the top 10 list of anti-aging foods here:

www.bestsyndication.com...

Hot Peppers- Who knew these great foods were good for anything other than adding a little spice to life? It seems that they are also rich in antioxidants as well as a compound that is known as capsaicinoids. This particular compound has heart-healthy, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties.

[edit on 13-2-2008 by lw2525]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Great post.

I'd like to add a few things to the pot.
Not only do hot peppers NOT cause ulcers, they may actually prevent them, since they have been shown to kill the pylori virus that causes most ulcers.
Yes, they can upset some peoples' gastro-interstinal system, but they don't cause ulcers.
Here's a link if you're interested:
chennaionline.com...

Several posters mentioned lycopene, found in tomatoes, and a few other fruits such as apricots and watermelon. Most studies have suggested that cooked tomato products are more beneficial than uncooked tomatoes. Some recent studies suggest that although lycopene supplements are not harmful, they may not offer much protection from prostate cancer.

I agree wholeheartedly with Mr. Green. Although alternative medicine may be beneficial, especially in slowing or delaying or even perhaps preventing certain cancers, the 3 standard methods available are quite succesful, if caught early enough, before it has spread.

Anyhow, I grow a huge amount of tomatoes in my garden, and make my own soup, sauce and tomato juice- salt free and added-sugar free. Herbs and spices are all that is needed to give them flavor. My father also died of prostate cancer, before the PSA test was developed, so I do everything I can to keep from suffering the same fate. Yes, men, get those PSA tests at least yearly, and maybe more often if you have risk factors, such as family history.

Again, good post.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join